Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Famous people you have met. What were they like? Did any of them play for City? Famous people your mates have met.

At work on a quiet friday morning, I was thinking about some of the famous people I have met. Thought it might be fun

I met Ian Marshall in the post office in loughborough after he had left the club. Nice guy. Didn't like Peter Taylor.

Met Andy Impey at Gatwick Airport. he was flying out to the West Indies on Holiday, I was taking the Mrs for her flight to the USA

Talked to Jack Charlton at Filbert St when he came to do after dinner speaking. Boy, that guy could swear!

Met Nigel Pearson at the M5 Services. Very cool guy, liked him alot

My cousin used to work in Hollywood on film sets. He met Clint Eastwood loads and said he was very nice. Was friends with Tom Cruise but said not to get him on the subject of Scientology

Can anybody beat that?

Swam into Gerry Taggart in the shallow end at Center Parcs, in Elvedon Forest. Had a brief chat and shook his hand.

Passed Roy Keane on holiday in Mauritius. He glanced at me; he's vicious even when he's relaxed.

Once changed some travellers cheques for Andre Previn.

• Like 1

My dad met Matty Elliot in a pub in Derby few years back.

He also bumps into walshy quite a lot.

He went to school with Serges's dad from Kasabian (Countysthorpe college)

I'm Good friends with Josh law (Rb for Motherwell)

Edited by Wilson_6

Met Rab Douglas in a record shop in Loughborough while playing for us, nice bloke but looked like he'd been on the pies.

Stefan Oakes was always an arrogant bellend, by all accounts not just mine. Found his level in the end.

Always used to bump into Neil Lennon, friendly guy with time for everyone.

Away from City whilst in New York I managed to wander through Donald Trump's bodyguards (who were forming like a guard of honour outside Trump Tower) and almost knocked the guy flying! He met it with a smile and we got a quick hello before he rushed off to his limo, surreal stuff.

I met Tommy Lee (drummer with Motley Crue), the ex husband of Pamela Anderson at Los Angeles airport. He seemed like a very nice bloke, quite shy in fact. My father in law (Paul) knew Mitt Romney very well. He was the Rupublican candidate against Obama in the 2012 election. He said that Romney would have made a brilliant President.

Met Bobby Charlton, didn't know who he was until it was explained to me (I was 10)

Harry Kewell was an ignorant **** when Liverpool played Leicester 2004

Been a mascot for LCFC (2005; 2-2 against Watford) so met all of the players then, quite a false environment though so hard to say what they were really like

I've ran the line for the reserves at LCFC training ground a few times, DJ Campbell was still always offside and Conrad Logan shouted at me for not giving offside on another occasion.

Dunno really, famous people don't really wow me so don't stick out (see first point lol)

Edited by DB11

At a game outside filbo street, i saw terry McDermott and Kevin Keegan (i'm sure it was during his England days), there was a crowd and i got Terry McD's autograph but Keegan fooked off before i had chance to get it! I was only a kid and was gutted! 

Terry McD took my autograph book, went in side, gor Keegan to sign it and brought it back to me. 

I've never forgotten this, and Terry MeDermott will always be a true gent in my eyes!

• Like 1

I once managed to get tickets to sit in with the prawn sandwich brigade at the KP with my entire family. Walking up the stairs to the lounge we saw Steve Walsh, my dad shook his hand but couldn't physically string a sentence together. It was hilarious! At the time, I didn't appreciate just what a legend he is.

Edited by Jakemoore