Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Famous people you have met. What were they like? Did any of them play for City? Famous people your mates have met.

Amir Khan - Can't fault the guy. Introduced me to Manny Pacquaio and Micheal Moore after inviting me to the Wild Card Gym in LA

Floyd Mayweather - Gave me $1000 tip saying "That's how we do it in Vegas baby"

Brad Pit - Scruffy and unassuming but polite 

Mat Damon - Nice guy, very normal, almost shy and quietly spoken

Mila Kunis - Beautiful

Stacey Dooley - I'd marry her tomorrow 

The Beckham family - D and V - seriously nice

Hugh Grant - Best not say anything

Liz Hurley - STUNNING

Bill Clinton - Nice guy

Tom Meighan - Dismissive

Serge Pizzorno - Friendly

Jamie Cullum (Yesterday) - Nice friendly guy

Lisa Snowden - Top chick, great SOH

Kenneth Brannagh - Grumpy and intense

Joan Collins - Her first impressions of you decides her attitude towards you

Maggie Thatcher - Handed me a small hanging wardrobe and asked me if I could hang them carefully as she had ironed them herself

Bob Geldof - a "Certain"aroma

Gordon Brown - Sweaty and dishevveled

Madonna - Don't get me started

Met these and many others as part of my job but these are the one's that stand out.

Edited by ElusiveEd

Saw this on Wiki about Chris Garland.

After retiring he spent two years selling fruit and vegetables door-to-door.[37] He also featured in the Southern League for Gloucester City, before returning to professional football as a coach at Yeovil Town.[38] During his time there he got his friend Ian Botham to play for the club and Yeovil won admission into the Football League.[39] However his business was failing and he developed gambling and drinking problems and was contemplating suicide at one stage.[40] He entered the wine distribution business but again his business failed and he was declared bankrupt.[41] He went on to work as abookmaker's clerk, which only worsened his gambling addiction.[41] He later spent time as manager of Western League side Minehead whilst working as an insurance salesman.[42] He was diagnosed withParkinson's disease in 1998.[43]

He married Patricia Cooper in June 1970.[44] They had two sons, Adam and Ryan, and one daughter, Jessica.[45] The couple split after 25 years of marriage.[46] After leaving Patricia he spent time sleeping rough, before he was housed by a property developer who also provided him with casual work.[47] A testimonial with Manchester United raised £81,000 for Garland, which he split between himself and his ex-wife.[48] He married again, to Ruth, in 2004.[49] However his gambling problems remained, and he was again declared bankrupt a few years later.[50] However, with funding from theProfessional Footballers' Association (PFA) he was able to undergo pioneering surgery to help relieve his Parkinson's

I met Gazza. I was on holiday at a golf resort in Portugal where David Seaman and Paul Scholes have a villa each. Seaman runs a golf charity event every July and gets along footaballers and celebs to attend.  There was a gym there and i was on the rowing machine one day and the guy next me started talking to me - it was Gazza in his keep fit days.  Very friendly - I asked him what he was doing and he mentioned some charity football games...me thinking I might go and watch asked him where that was taking place.  What heard was "Mobia" in a broad Geordie accent.  I didn't quite understand what he said. So I asked him to repeat it two more times and then it finally clicked - he meant Marbella!  So feeling a bit embarrassed I said my good bye, thanked him for the entertainment over the years and exited stage left. Also met Bradley Walsh there nice guy.  Had David Seaman and Craig Chalmers baby-sitting the kids on the beach. Saw the Scholes family on the beach. 

I once met Iwan Thomas at a pole-vaulting competition in the middle of Birmingham. Literally in the city - Victoria Square, I think it was...

Plenty of classical musicians/composers/conductors - Michael Nyman is a scary, scary man.

Once went on a 'walk in the woods' course with Ray Mears. Very nice chap but takes no nonsense from anyone!

Amir Khan - Can't fault the guy. Introduced me to Manny Pacquaio and Micheal Moore after inviting me to the Wild Card Gym in LA

Floyd Mayweather - Gave me $1000 tip saying "That's how we do it in Vegas baby"

Brad Pit - Scruffy and unassuming but polite 

Mat Damon - Nice guy, very normal, almost shy and quietly spoken

Mila Kunis - Beautiful

Stacey Dooley - I'd marry her tomorrow 

The Beckham family - D and V - seriously nice

Hugh Grant - Best not say anything

Liz Hurley - STUNNING

Bill Clinton - Nice guy

Tom Meighan - Dismissive

Serge Pizzorno - Friendly

Jamie Cullum (Yesterday) - Nice friendly guy

Lisa Snowden - Top chick, great SOH

Kenneth Brannagh - Grumpy and intense

Joan Collins - Her first impressions of you decides her attitude towards you

Maggie Thatcher - Handed me a small hanging wardrobe and asked me if I could hang them carefully as she had ironed them herself

Bob Geldof - a "Certain"aroma

Gordon Brown - Sweaty and dishevveled

Madonna - Don't get me started

Met these and many others as part of my job but these are the one's that stand out.

What is your job? Sounds pretty cool

I have met a few but remember izzet at asda Oadby when I worked at the pizza counter he would always get a garlic and herb chicken lol remember one time we ran out so i ran on to shop floor to go cook him one and said it be ready in an hour 30min hahaha.

And my wife met ian walker in Bolton i think it was soon after he left us. He was sign up to join global videos and she didnt have a clue who he was and he kept saying you dont know who i am do you? Shes like nope he was like a goalkeeper n she like ermm sorry but il ask my bf (was going out then) and then hes like i play for England and shes like okay I know my bf is a lcfc foxes fan haha bless her got me a autograph tho :)

I used to drink with Lawrence Dallaglio and Big Dave Watson Ex Norwich and Everton is a friend of my Aunt and uncle so saw him at a few bashes( years back)

Phil Tufnell is my sister in laws step brother.Git a xmas card saying was I still shite at cricket.

Edited by cambridgefox

I delivered post to Mark Selby, he was a very friendly guy. His wife Vicky was also loverly!

Mark Selby lives in the same village as my parents. Apparently he mixes with the locals (although he's not home very much) and is a really genuine, down to earth nice bloke. We're lucky to have him as one of our own. World champion. Legend.

Met Frank Bruno in bizarre circumstances, what a guy.  Got me into the local club where he was DJing (around his 'nuts' phase) and treated me to the whole VIP treatment, great character but clearly unwell at the time.

Was also best mates with Thandie Newton's brother so knew her pretty well for a fair few years.

wow I really made it.

shame that this is a lie cos would have been a right tale.

where's my name check pal?

I met Nigel Pearson he was so legit he offered to share a taxi to the ground but we opted to go to the pub instead (opposite way) I regret this every day.

I met Matty Fryatt after we played sheffield united away (he was playing for hull at the time - unlucky lol) he was out in sheffield after anyway. I went up to him, he was wearing a dodgy as **** plaid shirt and was drinking carling out of a plastic cup. He was like ohhh for ****s sake, guys Kyle Naughton is upstairs and he actually plays for you atm go talk to him. Went up up to talk to Kyle Naughton n he said hey bro you played pretty good tonight, he was drinking moet out of a bottle and said I was shit. I said ok pal and walked off back to find fryatt.

Found fryatt.

He was still in the same spot on his own and the only difference was his carling had gone down a bit and he had spilt a bit of beer on his plaid shirt.

Now he was abit sauced and was like guys just hang out with me now? We were like ok pal.

He got more drunk etc I think this was when Pearson was at Hull and we were like why'd you leave Leicester cos your boyfriend left? He was like yeeeah I wank Nigel off all the time.

Anyway now things get interesting, Naughton and his squad come down to the main bit and next thing we know a member of his squad starts literally sparking out some women like decking them, my mate ends up getting kicked out for sticking up for the women.

The night is ending and fryatt is still with us, he is like guys which strip club shall we go to? We are like wow lol what a weirdo.

Anyway we go outside and there is a club opposite called babylon which is pretty shit and suddenly all manner of leicester fans come out. Now I have a dilemma, either go to a strip club with fryatt or aware these guys that fryatt is here.

I chose the latter and the next thing I know fryatt is in a battered corsa (no idea where it came from) and we are all banging on it going DU DU DU DU MATTY FRYATT.

Next day I was in the police station with me pals making statements about Naughton's mate hitting women.

This is a true story.

You're probably too young to remember, but that would have made a good episode of Jackanory Una lol