Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

Vardy scoring past 13 different teams in the same season has to be a record? Just Liverpool, Everton, Man City, Swansea, Spurs and West Ham now for the full collection.

I think I read somewhere that somebody managed 18/19. May have been Ruud actually.

RVP rather than RVN haha.

From wikipizz.

Number of teams scored against in a season: 17, joint record:

20-team league:

Ian Wright (Arsenal, 1996–97)

Robin van Persie (Arsenal, 2011–12)

22-team league:

Andrew Cole (Newcastle United, 1993–94)

Alan Shearer (Blackburn Rovers, 1994–95)

Edited by filbertway

Wes Morgan. Yet to be booked and has only conceded 5 free kicks all season.

Impressive. He has been fantastic at the back for us this season. I was one of his harshest critics last season. Can't remember a player proving me wrong quite like Wes has. Was convinced he wasn't up to the required standard.

ive now gone the full calendar year without seeing us lose. 

liverpool (a) - 2-2

everton (a) - 2-2

hull (h) - 0-0

swansea (h) - 2-0

southampton (h) - 2-0

qpr (h) - 5-1

sunderland (h) - 4-2

spurs (h) - 1-1

bury (a) - 1-4

chelsea (h) - 2-1

if only i used my season ticket every week and went to more aways we'd win the treble 

I've honestly forgot how to lose full stop. Or more, what the feeling is.

5-2 to Arsenal didn't even feel like a loss.

3-1 to Chelsea was fair enough but they were top of the league and we had Huth and King injured in the first 20 mins.

4-3 to Spurs was just a joke, never deserved to lose that one.

I was more disheartened at the 1-1 draw with Man U than any of those results lol

Looking like the worst performance of the season. :xmaslaugh:

Jamie Vardy on 15 consecutive games with a goal or assist!

not having that. that's not counting his cross for shinji @ west ham which was clearly an assist imo. count that like you should and he's been involved in a goal in each of our last 18 league games. striiiiker.

• Like 1

Four away games won in a row. Club record.

I also have a stat for this season but i fear if I say I'll jinx our success lol lol

Ha ha!  Totally know what you mean about jinxing. But sod it. Here goes:

This season, if we're one goal up in the last ten minutes, we hold on for the three points. Every time.

If we're one goal behind in the last ten minutes, we come back and either draw or win. Every time.

Blame me if this gets overturned on Boxing Day.

Two weird Okazaki stats:

1) He's scored in three different kits (Vardy only one).

2) He only scores on grounds over 100 years old. Isn't there an old Japanese maxim about 'the true samurai only revealing his real ability in the ancient shrines?' I'm probably making that up. Anyway, doesn't bode too well for home games, does it? Ranieri might want to start him at Anfield and Old Trafford though. And on the last day of the season. 

• Like 1

Ha ha!  Totally know what you mean about jinxing. But sod it. Here goes:

This season, if we're one goal up in the last ten minutes, we hold on for the three points. Every time.

If we're one goal behind in the last ten minutes, we come back and either draw or win. Every time.

Blame me if this gets overturned on Boxing Day.

Two weird Okazaki stats:

1) He's scored in three different kits (Vardy only one).

2) He only scores on grounds over 100 years old. Isn't there an old Japanese maxim about 'the true samurai only revealing his real ability in the ancient shrines?' I'm probably making that up. Anyway, doesn't bode too well for home games, does it? Ranieri might want to start him at Anfield and Old Trafford though. And on the last day of the season. 

That Okazaki stat is a blinder (the second one). 

The stat I'm on about is that I'm yet to see us lose this season. I missed the Arsenal game!

Question for the stato's .... just saying that if we did the unthinkable and win the league has any other team ever won the top 3 leagues in such a short space of time ?

Here's a list of all the winners of the third tier. Just flicking through I can tell most of those teams haven't won the top tier, and the ones that have like Wolves and Huddersfield won it way before winning the third tier. So I'm gonna say no.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_winners_of_English_Football_League_Two_and_predecessors

• Like 1