Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

Cricket 2016

Whoops.

(Sorry for bringing this one up ealing, but couldn't resist :P )

Expect the worst, hope for the best.

Hold my hands up, they have surprised me and I should have had more faith. However, I was not aware SA were in quite such a decline, and we have been fortunate in dodging Steyn.

Still question marks over some and numbers 2 and 3 still need sorting for me, but with the right players in-form we look a top side.

Yep, already covered my pessimism.

They had been superior at that point tbf.

haha yeah, most probs thought we might lose just thought it was funny reading back with hindsight of course 

Incredible collapse in Australia by India.

India were 277-1 chasing 350, needed 72 from 76 balls, lost seven wickets in the next 5 overs and are now 313/8 needing 35 off off 16 lol

Massively changed South Africa side win the toss.

Rumoured to be De Villiers last test match as well, his book is out soon as it's apparantly going to be a huge attack on the South African cricket board and it's hidden insistence on the racial quota. Going to tell the full story of the world Cup Semi final selection as well.

Incredible collapse in Australia by India.

India were 277-1 chasing 350, needed 72 from 76 balls, lost seven wickets in the next 5 overs and are now 313/8 needing 35 off off 16 lol

At least we can agree on some things, it was like watching Leicestershire

The verdict panel, is so typical of ex-players jumping on the negative box..

We win the series, some players had below avg, performances ok

But after Bairstows collective innings, really OTT criticidm on his wicket keeping.

Knott was my idol, but like Gilchrist, he dropped some clangers aswell.

Bairstows error in this one test were not terrible.

Plus our Bowlers have had 3 maybe 4 poor innings, over the Tests.

If as a wktkeeper, you need to face shit then your position and glove work will also suffer.

Far, too far over the top. From the panel.Yes by all means mark it up, but not like its been done.

Neither Butcher, nor Willis were consistent, though Willis had some great moments, like all

beginnings he had a below avg start, like Bairstow with the Gloves.

The verdict panel, is so typical of ex-players jumping on the negative box..

We win the series, some players had below avg, performances ok

But after Bairstows collective innings, really OTT criticidm on his wicket keeping.

Knott was my idol, but like Gilchrist, he dropped some clangers aswell.

Bairstows error in this one test were not terrible.

Plus our Bowlers have had 3 maybe 4 poor innings, over the Tests.

If as a wktkeeper, you need to face shit then your position and glove work will also suffer.

Far, too far over the top. From the panel.Yes by all means mark it up, but not like its been done.

Neither Butcher, nor Willis were consistent, though Willis had some great moments, like all

beginnings he had a below avg start, like Bairstow with the Gloves.

Hate to be negative because we have won the series but that has been against a poor aging South African team missing there premier bowler. Hales isn't good enough to play test match cricket,thought this before he was picked and think this has been proven as much as he was unlucky with the ball he got yesterday. Bairstow's wicket keeping is nowhere near up to test match standard, he drops more catches than he takes, missed numerous stumping chances in tests.He's a decent batsmen but no way is he a test match wicket keeper.

Agree on the verdict panel though Bob Willis is a twat,Charles Colville knows bugger all.

Archived