Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Food glorious food (The cooking thread)

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

If anyone would like the recipe for this I've just typed it up on here

Very nice mate, been checking over your site again and twitter etc, damn jealous of that tweet you had off Phil Howard!

Is it time consuming running the site and the social media side and finding ways to generate more traffic to it etc?

• Like 1

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

Very nice mate, been checking over your site again and twitter etc, damn jealous of that tweet you had off Phil Howard!

Is it time consuming running the site and the social media side and finding ways to generate more traffic to it etc?

It's a pain using Wix as its soooo sloooooow. I'm going to switch it over to wordpress in the summer as its far easier to use, plus i'll be doing videos too as it's easier for many people to learn than just reading it off a page.

Traffic wise, social media is where its at so far, just gaining followers on twitter, regular posting, staying busy etc, been so hard lately as I've been dedicated to a fitness and healthy eating regime that's paying off massively (so desserts like that are a rareity for the moment!) SEO on the site helps too for traffic.

Thanks so much for the support, it's what I love to do and when you get tweets of the likes of Phil Howard and Raymond Blanc it makes it all worthwhile.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778
7 hours ago, Durnerz said:

Two from tonight, Jerusalem Artichokes with Goats Cheese, Pine Nuts, Almonds and Rosemary foam followed by Chocolate Ganache with White Chocolate Mousse 

IMG_2202.JPG

IMG_2214.JPG

Have you applied for Masterchef yet? They look stunning. 

20 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

Have you applied for Masterchef yet? They look stunning. 

Cheers Sean, I can't stand Gregg Wallace so doubtful on that one, the way Torode eats makes me uncomfortable too, almost like he's using a shovel 

18 hours ago, Durnerz said:

Two from tonight, Jerusalem Artichokes with Goats Cheese, Pine Nuts, Almonds and Rosemary foam followed by Chocolate Ganache with White Chocolate Mousse 

IMG_2202.JPG

IMG_2214.JPG

Go on son,  we all might as well rename this thread to Durnez's cooking thread! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Durnerz said:

IMG_2202.JPG

IMG_2214.JPG

Looks stunning mate. But you'll have to explain what the 'smear' of chocolate on the plate is all about. I'm sure it's all the rage but they just look like a big skid mark to me! Could the sauce not be on top or served separately instead? 

• Like 2

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

Looks stunning mate. But you'll have to explain what the 'smear' of chocolate on the plate is all about. I'm sure it's all the rage but they just look like a big skid mark to me! Could the sauce not be on top or served separately instead? 

Its dual purpose really, it holds the lower triangle in place so that it's not moving about when you build the stack, could easily do a little dot of it to hold it and serve the chocolate as a sauce of course too for different presentation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Looks like there's ganache between the shards of chocolate but he's put a swipe of it on the plate for contrast with the china and to give the dish more width. God Izzy you're such a philistine what are we to do with you.

• Like 3

Is it fair to say you're relatively young Durnerz?  I say that because your food looks stunning and all very modern, it's the sort of cuisine I hope to be able to produce one day with enough knowledge acquired and practice behind me.  Truly inspirational.

8 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Looks like someone has gone and gobbed on that

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

The state of those comments.  Philistines the both of yas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Is it fair to say you're relatively young Durnerz?  I say that because your food looks stunning and all very modern, it's the sort of cuisine I hope to be able to produce one day with enough knowledge acquired and practice behind me.  Truly inspirational.

The state of those comments.  Philistines the both of yas.

Thanks so much Carl. I'm 30 and have been doing this sort of thing just at home for around the last 8-9 years, all different styles and starting to form my own way of doing things. Hopefully by way of the website I've set up and the work going into ideas and travel for inspiration it'll become a full-time thing. Anything's better than a life in retail!

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

lol not gonna lie, i thought the same thing.  I know its a decoration thing as well so i get why he did it.

(minus the skid mark) it looks delish and id like to order some now :)

• Like 2