Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Formula 1 2016

Still wouldn't have saved Massa from the spring hitting his head in Hungary

The speed Bianchi hit that crane I doubt it would have saved him unless it's made out of the hardest material known to man.

The commentators are the same as BBC last year, Ben Edwards and David Coulthard.

The C4 live races are in bold:

1 Mar 20 Australian Grand Prix 05:00 
2 Apr 3 Bahrain Grand Prix 16:00
3 Apr 17 Chinese Grand Prix 07:00
4 May 1 Russian Grand Prix 13:00
5 May 15 Spanish Grand Prix 13:00
6 May 29 Monaco Grand Prix 13:00
7 Jun 12 Canadian Grand Prix 19:00
8 Jun 19 European Grand Prix 14:00
9 Jul 3 Austrian Grand Prix 13:00
10 Jul 10 British Grand Prix 13:00
11 Jul 24 Hungarian Grand Prix 13:00
12 Jul 31 German Grand Prix 13:00
13 Aug 28 Belgian Grand Prix 13:00
14 Sep 4 Italian Grand Prix 13:00
15 Sep 18 Singapore Grand Prix 13:00
16 Oct 2 Malaysia Grand Prix 08:00
17 Oct 9 Japanese Grand Prix 06:00
18 Oct 23 United States Grand Prix 20:00
19 Oct 30 Mexican Grand Prix 19:00
20 Nov 13 Brazilian Grand Prix 16:00
21 Nov 27 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 13:00

Predictions

1 Hamilton

2 Vettel

3 Rosberg

4 Raikkonen

5 Bottas

Mercedes

Ferrari

Williams

Force India

Red Bull

Toro Roso

Renault

McLaren

Sauber

Haas

Manor

I'd pretty much agree with that, although I might put toro rosso above red bull, at least for now. I also think mclaren will be faster than renault.

Q1 and 2 wasn't that bad, or won't be that bad if and when the teams figure out a good time to go out. Problem is if you go out straight away you'll be back in the pits when people start getting eliminated. If you're someone like Renault or McLaren in Q2, if you go out in the middle (a time where you get one lap on the board before elimination starts) you won't be out at the end.

I didn't even realise they did the same in Q3. Thats bad, that should be left as it was.

I get the feeling whoevers brainchild this qualifying was envisaged that it would be like Mario Kart, with the last place driver dropping off and then the next guy in front would have to step on it to catch the the one in front of him. Difference is that's based on track position, not time. There's not enough time to turn around a quick lap and then refuel and go for another, so rather than people being out on the track striving for the line they're sat watching the clock tick down in the garage. They either have to increase the time between eliminations or make it a rule (and it'd probably be unworkable) that for the whole qualifying period all cars stay on track until eliminated.

Q1 and 2 wasn't that bad, or won't be that bad if and when the teams figure out a good time to go out. Problem is if you go out straight away you'll be back in the pits when people start getting eliminated. If you're someone like Renault or McLaren in Q2, if you go out in the middle (a time where you get one lap on the board before elimination starts) you won't be out at the end.

I didn't even realise they did the same in Q3. Thats bad, that should be left as it was.

It doesn't work full stop. Even if the teams didn't mess up the timings in Q1 and Q2, drivers are still being eliminated before the end, meaning that instead of having a 5-6 car battle at the end of each session, we are left with a maximum of 2. How is that exciting?

Terrible.

That format might have more chance of working if it was only one session of, say, 30 minutes, but it's too frantic when qualifying is split into 3 short sessions.

There's not enough time to turn a car round for another lap.

Hamilton looked very impressive.

Archived