Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Formula 1 2016

Good start to the race but a combination of the red flag, Ferrari's strategy blunder and Kimi's car breaking down (again) opened the door for Mercedes to get another 1-2. Great battle in the midfield but I was disappointed by Verstappen's moaning and swearing. If your quick enough just overtake the guy.  

Was really impressed with Haas and Grosjean, the new qualifying rules masked their true performance yesterday. Also impressed with Ricciardo's pace and Palmer's racecraft. The best moment of the race though was seeing Alonso walking away from that crash. His McLaren didn't resemble an F1 car anymore, it was mangled beyond recognition. 

I get the feeling whoevers brainchild this qualifying was envisaged that it would be like Mario Kart, with the last place driver dropping off and then the next guy in front would have to step on it to catch the the one in front of him. Difference is that's based on track position, not time. There's not enough time to turn around a quick lap and then refuel and go for another, so rather than people being out on the track striving for the line they're sat watching the clock tick down in the garage. They either have to increase the time between eliminations or make it a rule (and it'd probably be unworkable) that for the whole qualifying period all cars stay on track until eliminated.

Everyone's time gets wiped after each elimination (meaning those through need to set another one).

Everyone's time gets wiped after each elimination (meaning those through need to set another one).

You'd have to increase the time between elimination though, because 90 seconds wouldn't be long enough for all the cars to set a new time. Would be interesting concept, would mean each elimination would pretty much be a mini qualifying session.

Gutierrez is so bullshit,  he must be a paid driver right?  He was absolutely dire last time he was in F1 and now somehow 2 years later Haas give him a drive? gtfoh.  If someone could name a more bullshit driver from recent years please, I'd welcome that info.

Gutierrez is so bullshit, he must be a paid driver right? He was absolutely dire last time he was in F1 and now somehow 2 years later Haas give him a drive? gtfoh. If someone could name a more bullshit driver from recent years please, I'd welcome that info.

Is maldonardo still race? He was shit but he did buy his seat.

Gutierrez is so bullshit, he must be a paid driver right? He was absolutely dire last time he was in F1 and now somehow 2 years later Haas give him a drive? gtfoh. If someone could name a more bullshit driver from recent years please, I'd welcome that info.

Is maldonardo still race? He was shit but he did buy his seat.

Max Chilton , Will Stevens,

Hamilton on Pole again, needs to get off the line better this time. Also his time was the fastest ever at Bahrain, brilliantly put together

Up until that moment I was thinking that this was going to be a nailbiting season between the 2 mercs.  Ham snatching pole from a resurgent Ros has made me think twice about that.. its just as likely that Lewis will start to squeeze Nico's brain again soon.  If Nico is ever going to beat the guy, this is the season, it really is now or never time or Rosberg

Competent drivers, doing their best in crap machines.

Guti is a liability, he's even worse than Fisichella was

Bit harsh on Fisichella to put him in the same bracket as Gutierrez. Fisi was at least 2 or 3 levels better than Gutierrez ever will be.

You'd have to increase the time between elimination though, because 90 seconds wouldn't be long enough for all the cars to set a new time. Would be interesting concept, would mean each elimination would pretty much be a mini qualifying session.

Yes, I think what they need to do is have a system where everyone is on track from the start and the only ones returning to the garage are those who are out... so wiping the time after each elimination would do that.

However, the big problem with this idea at the moment - none of the tyres would last long enough!

Archived