Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Formula 1 2016

You know, strangely one of the problems I see at the moment with the races is there's too much action, so all you're ever watching on tv is replay, after replay after replay - without really being sure where everyone is and what the battle is for - except for Rosburg way in the distance up front.

Overtaking is far too easy these days, with the differing performance levels in tyres and a DRS section only seconds down the road, so battles are over before they've even started and slower cars have no way of meaningfully holding up the faster ones, which will only lead to largely predictable results.

All the gimmicks devalue F1 in my mind and what the focus should be on is rebalancing the playing field for more teams so you have more able to compete - even if not at the very front, they should be able to make life difficult should a leading car fall out of natural position.

The other thing F1 needs to do is find a sucessful way to bring a dominate car back to the pack, whether that's through ballast penalties for a race win (whilst maintaining a rewarding points margin to make it worth winning) or other measures.

Bit harsh on Fisichella to put him in the same bracket as Gutierrez. Fisi was at least 2 or 3 levels better than Gutierrez ever will be.

You right, bit harsh.  Fisi could be quick on his day, trouble was his day didn't happen very often and throughout the second half of his career seemed like he was just collecting paychecks in a good car while better drivers below him couldn't get a decent drive.  Waste of a seat is what he was throughout most of his career imo.

Still 2 levels above Gut tho, completely baffled why he's been let back in, daddy must be paying big bucks to haas.  Last time he was in F1 he got his ass absolutely torn to ribbons by his teammate and its going to happen again this year.  Granted his teammates have been lightning, but Gut offers nothing but mediocrity.

Thought it was a good race personally, nice to see Nico starting off with some form. No idea why we put on the mediums though, our strategy division needs binning, still remarkable that we haven't got a win since we go competitive again,

Thought it was a poor race as usual.  Wake me up when they ban that ****ing tacky drs bullshit.  I used to be devoted to this sport, to say that my interest is waning of late is an understatement.  I think the final straw is having to listen to that steve jones twat trying to be funny.

Gutierrez isn't that bad, he wasn't far off Grosjean in qualifying or the race until he retired.

Pretty good race in the midfield, I can't believe how quick Haas are in both ultimate pace and race pace, a very nice surprise. It was also great to see Manor have truly joined the rest of the grid after 6 years of trying. Unfortunately the biggest disappointment is Williams so far, very poor race pace and tyre wear and strangely seem to get overtaken on the straights very easily. After the first two races, they seem to have dropped behind Red Bull and are on par with Toro Rosso and Haas. 

After the first two races it seems like the  championship battle is going to be more like 2014 than 2015, so that's something to be optimistic about. Ferrari are still too far away and their reliability is far short of Mercedes. Kimi seems to have got his act together though. 

Gutierrez isn't that bad, he wasn't far off Grosjean in qualifying or the race until he retired. /quoteAmin

.....Yes, he is that bad.  Remember the last time Sauber had a half decent car?  It was a few years ago,  with Hulk and Gut.   I'll find the stats for that season and be back later, but omfg its bad.  Possibly the worst case of teammate disparity over a season.. ever.

It counts Lewis, now go fetch your fkin rattle and get your ass back in the pram.

Even though it's purely mind games, I agree with him. What happened last season after he relaxed from winning the championship has no bearing on this season. And like he points out, he's been on pole both races. He needs to sort his starts out though.

Yeah, Gutierrez was hammered by Hulkenberg, no question about that but you have to remember it was his first season in F1 and he was only 21 going up against a very good driver. Look what happened to Grosjean when he was put up against Alonso in 2009. He's not a special talent but he has won the GP3 title and has achieved 3rd in GP2, so I think it was case of 2013 being too early for him. Having a year out as a Ferrari test driver will hopefully have given him the experience and motivation he needs to kick on this year.

Hamilton might as well give the German the championship , it's over after 3 races !

Given how easy it will be for the Merc to overtake down the back straight here... Lewis will get decent points here as long as he stays in the race. Roseberg's had a good start, but he's not that far in the distance yet - a DNF and it all changes.

Given how easy it will be for the Merc to overtake down the back straight here... Lewis will get decent points here as long as he stays in the race. Roseberg's had a good start, but he's not that far in the distance yet - a DNF and it all changes.

Yea I suppose but that works other way as well , but including the last 4 or 5 GP last season the German has really been on top

Seems to have found his grove and the changes to his backroom may be paying dividends

I had a monkey on him at beginning of season so I'm hoping I'm right lol

After what happened in 2014, I don't think we should count Hamilton out after just 2 races. I can't remember the exact numbers, but Rosberg had a huge advantage after Spa that year but fell to pieces in the last half of the season.

Archived