Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Barcelona & Celtic

Not looking forward to the 'Leicester Loyal' lot getting their knickers in a twist over Celtic on their first trip to Scotland.

Ahh ok that's what the poster above means when he suggests Leicester fans hate Celtic

Jesus haven't we enough xenophobic sectarian bollox in the world

I suppose idiots exhist everywhere

I think a poll of City fans would reveal "most" couldn't give a flying fvck either way. That said, it sadly wouldn't surprise me if this fixture became a Rangers love-in with more interested in singing their songs than ours. There's a certain section of our away support who seem bizarrely more interested in that kind of thing than supporting their own team.

I think a poll of City fans would reveal "most" couldn't give a flying fvck either way. That said, it sadly wouldn't surprise me if this fixture became a Rangers love-in with more interested in singing their songs than ours. There's a certain section of our away support who seem bizarrely more interested in that kind of thing than supporting their own team.

It's small these days thank god

They don't represent or reflect the true support of LCFC

It's small these days thank god

They don't represent or reflect the true support of LCFC

If you went west brom away this season, I'd think you'll find it's not a small majority of Leicester fans who hate Celtic. Leicester seem to have quite a big rangers following. Can see this game being a lot of anti Celtic/IRA songs being sung thrown in with a lot of rangers chants.

When Celtic came to filbert st it was kicking off all day in town and can see us in Glasgow kicking off.

If you went west brom away this season, I'd think you'll find it's not a small majority of Leicester fans who hate Celtic. Leicester seem to have quite a big rangers following. Can see this game being a lot of anti Celtic/IRA songs being sung thrown in with a lot of rangers chants.

When Celtic came to filbert st it was kicking off all day in town and can see us in Glasgow kicking off.

to be fair every away following at west brom this season sounds like a loyalist orange order pipe band day out , because of McClean

I didn't see any trouble in 2005 but was made aware of it

Like I said before they don't represent the club, look around the stands of the KP , those stands are truly reflective of a modern multi cultural successful city and county representing many faiths , nationalities.

The anti IRA discussion has been done to death , no point even discussing ....move on.

By the way Glasgow Rangers FC doesnt exist any more , there is a new club Sevco 5088 "The Rangers" but they are not Glasgow Rangers that club went bust and died.

Not sure how a club founded a couple of years would have a fan base anywhere lol

Not 2005 , we played them at filbert street. Would had been around 2002. No offence , you make good points but you can tell you're a Celtic fan. Dig after dig at rangers.

Thing is the away support isn't made up of multiculturals and didn't faith is it ? People who travel up to Glasgow aren't gonna be the happy clappers.

they have played at both Filbert Street and the KP/ Walkers as it was then.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4698463.stm

Not 2005 , we played them at filbert street. Would had been around 2002. No offence , you make good points but you can tell you're a Celtic fan. Dig after dig at rangers.

Thing is the away support isn't made up of multiculturals and didn't faith is it ? People who travel up to Glasgow aren't gonna be the happy clappers.

What on earth .... I see plenty of people from all sort of backgrounds on away days ...but I suppose people see what they want to see

My great uncle played for Celtic and as most people born in ireland we have a affiliation for them and what they have done for the Irish community in the west of Scotland.

If City played them in Europe I would want Vardy to score a hatrick and bury them ... City are my club , not because I was born here but because I wanted them to be .... Lineker inspired me , when I left home for uni , there was only one city I wanted to study in and that was Leicester , and thankfully I'm still here nearly 25 years later.

I Genuinely believe it's the best city and county In Europe and now the world can learn about our wonderful city , through a reburied King and our wonderful football club.

Up the City ;)

Let's hope we remember which club we're actually there to support then eh...

I have been to Celtic when Liverpool were playing and lots of mixed seats

And no issues at all

Infact there were thousands sat amongst each other

well there would be. The two teams have a working class left wing immigrant political and catholic affinity (the latter being on account of there being so many catholics in Liverpool - in theory Everton is the catholic club but in practice its totally mixed). At the hardcore end of our support we have a more right wing loyalist support.  i guarantee if it is mixed seating it will get nasty. 

I Genuinely believe it's the best city and county In Europe and now the world can learn about our wonderful city , through a reburied King and our wonderful football club.

Up the City ;)

Should I assume you've never been outside of Leicestershire then?  :D

Should I assume you've never been outside of Leicestershire then? :D

I buy and sell race horses internationally , have a company in dubai and put up enough air miles for a free Vegas trip ever year ! (Well heavily discounted if not free)

So I have been to a place or two ... And my heart always jumps with excitement when I see the rolling fields of south Leics !

I grew up on the west coast of ireland in a picturesque place with some of the best beaches and surf on the planet

, I miss it , but not as much as I miss here when away , my kids are lucky enough to have been born in Leicester and we are all lucky to call Market Harborough our home.

It's a fantastic part of the world ...... And it keeps improving.

I have noticed over the years that the only people to knock Leicester are actually Leicester people themselves , I always have and always will never understand that thinking.

Celtic and Liverpool both love each other though. I like most City fans can't stand Celtic and certainly dont want to sit with them at the piggery.

There's a lot of Irish in Liverpool. Think about history.

I like Celtic so I'm obviously not one of the 'most'.

I want to go Parkhead - always have wanted to - but trains are pretty expensive just for a friendly.

No way would I pay £50 just to see Barcelona. Rip off for a friendly. Anyway I saw them when they came to Filbert Way in 2003.

I'm pretty sure we played Celtic at Filbert Way too (as well as Filbert Street in '02). James Weselowski broke his leg as far as I remember??

Archived