Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Barcelona & Celtic

I remember paying £18 at London Road for a pre-season friendly a few years ago away at Posh. Danny N'Guessan scored. Comparatively speaking, you can't grumble at £50 for this.

Even if you were reluctant I'd have a bit more sympathy. But £50 a ticket for a friendly taking place four days after a match in Los Angeles (5,500 miles) and four days before a potential Community Shield at Wembley is a bit steep isn't it? Of course it's the Barcelona factor, and the "International Champions Cup," but drill it down and it's still a friendly. 

Amazed at the "shut up and take my money" attitude.

I buy and sell race horses internationally , have a company in dubai and put up enough air miles for a free Vegas trip ever year ! (Well heavily discounted if not free)

So I have been to a place or two ... And my heart always jumps with excitement when I see the rolling fields of south Leics !

I grew up on the west coast of ireland in a picturesque place with some of the best beaches and surf on the planet

, I miss it , but not as much as I miss here when away , my kids are lucky enough to have been born in Leicester and we are all lucky to call Market Harborough our home.

It's a fantastic part of the world ...... And it keeps improving.

I have noticed over the years that the only people to knock Leicester are actually Leicester people themselves , I always have and always will never understand that thinking.

Top man.

I'm born in Leicester and love it.

I also love Ireland ( my family are from there).

I'm fairly well travelled, my wife and I do a different European City every year.

But you can't be Leicester and Leicestershire.

I'm seriously tempted by the Barca game but struggling to find cheap flights - who are you all flying with? Wonder if the club would consider chartering a flight if there is enough interest?

We are flying out on the Tuesday at 6.40 in the morning from Gatwick coming back on the Friday paid £135 each return that is a direct flight with Norwegian Airlines. Ryanair do cheap flights but think they fly into an airport outside Stockholm. Also SAS airlines do flights from Manchester.

We are flying out on the Tuesday at 6.40 in the morning from Gatwick coming back on the Friday paid £135 each return that is a direct flight with Norwegian Airlines. Ryanair do cheap flights but think they fly into an airport outside Stockholm. Also SAS airlines do flights from Manchester.

Thank you - I shall investigate! :)

Have a look at Ryanair from Stansted, they will fly just outside but public transport in Sweden is pretty decent from what I remember.

Have a look at Ryanair from Stansted, they will fly just outside but public transport in Sweden is pretty decent from what I remember.

we flying Tuesday 6.40 Gatwick Norwegian airline, fly back to Heathrow BA, £102 return bargain - free tea and snack with BA, 16 of us going minibus, £28 return each, but we did book about 6 weeks ago.

Booked a couple of tickets, section 220 and hotel.

Looking at the early Tuesday morning Gatwick flight, back late Thursday, £110 not too bad. Just gotta check with number three son today that he is still up for it! Otherwise it's the missus!

I really wanted to do this. It all looked like it tied up nicely.

The wife even gave the ok. Although she did want to fly out with us but not do the football.

However the more I think about it. It's 4 days before a potential community shield.

How strong a side are either us or barca for that matter going to put out.

And the wife has pointed out if we are gonna have 3 of the real deal in Europe do I risk not being able to do those?

Really envy anyone able to go and wish money and time was no object. But I guess I'm going to have to save myself for once the draw for the group phase is done and plan some trips then.

I emailed Jim to ask if the club would consider chartering a flight from a local airport to help fans wanting to travel, he replied that the club are currently looking into the possibility of doing something and will let fans know. So I might get tickets but hold off on travel for a little while!

Archived