Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Barcelona & Celtic

Flying from Stansted at 8:30am on the Tuesday, flying back late Sunday evening (basically making a week of it). Flights in total were £94 each (including return) so can't complain at that.

Ideally you want to fly to Stockholm Arlanda not Skavsta, as the latter leaves you just over an hour away by train, and you'll have to get the bus first to get to the station.

From Arlanda you can jump straight on a train half hour away from the city centre.

I really wanted to do this. It all looked like it tied up nicely.

The wife even gave the ok. Although she did want to fly out with us but not do the football.

However the more I think about it. It's 4 days before a potential community shield.

How strong a side are either us or barca for that matter going to put out.

And the wife has pointed out if we are gonna have 3 of the real deal in Europe do I risk not being able to do those?

Really envy anyone able to go and wish money and time was no object. But I guess I'm going to have to save myself for once the draw for the group phase is done and plan some trips then.

It's all fell lucky for me. Retire on 23rd June, referendum day. Sold the house, moving into a flat, so will have a few quid left over.

Never played golf, but my wife wishes I had as she reckons a golf widow is better than a football widow, as I will be going everywhere watching the city literally til I die!

Even if you were reluctant I'd have a bit more sympathy. But £50 a ticket for a friendly taking place four days after a match in Los Angeles (5,500 miles) and four days before a potential Community Shield at Wembley is a bit steep isn't it? Of course it's the Barcelona factor, and the "International Champions Cup," but drill it down and it's still a friendly. 

Amazed at the "shut up and take my money" attitude.

It's Leicester against Barcelona, in Stockholm, for god's sake. Last year we had Mansfield and Rotherham away. £50 is steep but you pay whatever to be there, we don't get many opportunities like this...

Got mine at the back of the first tier behind the goal

It's Leicester against Barcelona, in Stockholm, for god's sake. Last year we had Mansfield and Rotherham away. £50 is steep but you pay whatever to be there, we don't get many opportunities like this...

Got mine at the back of the first tier behind the goal

We have a few opportunities like this next season.

If it was either a competitive match, or on a weekend, or at the Camp Nou, I'd be there like a shot. This one doesn't appeal to me personally.

Flying from Stansted at 8:30am on the Tuesday, flying back late Sunday evening (basically making a week of it). Flights in total were £94 each (including return) so can't complain at that.

Ideally you want to fly to Stockholm Arlanda not Skavsta, as the latter leaves you just over an hour away by train, and you'll have to get the bus first to get to the station.

From Arlanda you can jump straight on a train half hour away from the city centre.

You going to miss the charity shield then?

Flying to Stockholm on the Tuesday, then Thursday morning getting the train to Oslo (about 5 hours), then flying back from Oslo Friday evening. Really looking forward to it. Ticket wise we'll blag one on the day while we're there.

Absolutely buggered that haven't I? Genuinely didn't cross my mind at the time, got far too carried away. **** sake.

Can you get a flight back Saturday? I'm not going Sweden as don't want to miss Wemberly. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got bored at work and found myself buying tickets for me and my son to go to the Barca game!  Flying from Bham via Copenhagen - hope to see some of you there.  

It's still ridiculous and absurd and crazy - we are the champions!

Been told that club will be getting an allocation of tickets for the Celtic game and they will be sold on normal away game priority system.

Will cost 20 quid. Not the 50 quid they will cost when the go on icc website.

Been told that club will be getting an allocation of tickets for the Celtic game and they will be sold on normal away game priority system.

When will this be?

Hope they organise travel as well. At the minute £20 on Ausden Clark.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if any of you have seen this from Millington Travel for the Barcelona game:-

LCFC Supporters ~ LCFC Vs Barca DEFINITE TRIP!!!!!
We finally have had all the details come back from the airlines, tickets etc and subject to availability this trip will Definitely be going ahead!!
Details have changed slightly to give you an all - in priced package. 
I have only got a number of seats on coaches and aircraft's, so spaces are limited,the airlines will only allow me to hold seats for 48hrs!!! prices are based on 2 sharing 
(no family rooms available) 
Payment would be required in full at the time off booking, please see below the new details:

Wednesday 3rd August 
Coach Transfer from Leicester St Margaret’s (time TBA)
Flights London 0630 arrival Arlanda 0950
Private Transfer from the airport to the Hotel 
1 Night staying at the Best Western Plus Time Inc of Breakfast 
Private transfer from the Hotel to the Arena 
Barcelona V Lcfc @ 1900hrs 
Private transfer from the Arena back to the hotel 
Thursday 4th August Free time 
Private transfer back to the airport 
Flights Arlanda to London 2050 arrival 2225
Coach transfers back from London to Leicester St Margarets 
£419 Per person
To book your space on this trip please call us on 01164218888 or email [email protected]

Archived