Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

ICC: PSG vs Leicester, Los Angeles, July 30th

Just got my tickets. FYI tickets are very limited now.

If anyone is traveling across the pond, I suggest staying in Orange County. Lots of things to there, especially in Anaheim. Just need to take the 405 Freeway to get there.

If anyone is traveling across the pond, I suggest staying in Orange County. Lots of things to there, especially in Anaheim. Just need to take the 405 Freeway to get there.

Eh, Anaheim to Carson is not a commute I'd recommend, even on a weekend. Although the match is on a Saturday, so if you're planning your holiday around Disneyland, that'd probably be fine traffic-wise.

If you're looking to stay only for the match, stay in Long Beach.

Just got my tickets. FYI tickets are very limited now.

I doubt it'll be a sell-out. Even if it did, you'll still be able to grab a ticket closer to the event at or below face value on StubHub.

Just checked the website. It is almost sold out with tickets available in General admission (unreserved seating). I expect very few will be PSG fans so it looks like 27000 City fans and wannabes in LA. Is this a dream???

• 3 weeks later...

Just a post addressing lodging options.

Four of us are coming down from Portland for the match.  We booked in at DoubleTree Torrrance/South Bay.   Right across from the Del Amo Mall on the west side of Torrance.

There are a few other hotels right there at the mall.  Tons of restaurants and bars within walking distance.  10K from LAX, 10K from Stadium and 4 K from beach.

There are 10 microbrewy / pubs in Torrance between hotel and Stadium.

Just checked the website. It is almost sold out with tickets available in General admission (unreserved seating). I expect very few will be PSG fans so it looks like 27000 City fans and wannabes in LA. Is this a dream???

There are active PSG fan groups all over the country-- I expect a decent number of folks will be there supporting Paris.

• 3 weeks later...

Any of you traveling to the game, there will be a Supporters group / Club  get together Friday night before the match and a LCFC fan area outside the stadium before the match on Saturday.  Friday night is invite only so see Leicester City FC USA  facebook page for details and registration.

Any of you traveling to the game, there will be a Supporters group / Club  get together Friday night before the match and a LCFC fan area outside the stadium before the match on Saturday.  Friday night is invite only so see Leicester City FC USA  facebook page for details and registration.

Won't be able to make the Friday night event but am looking forward to joining you all on Saturday before the match.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a word of caution for those going to Los Angeles. The ground is only a couple of miles from Compton which is probably the most dangerous part of LA. My wife is in California at the moment and she told me things are very tense following the shooting of those cops in Dallas. Not being a scaremonger, just want people to be safe

On 16 July 2016 at 09:38, brisfox said:

Just a word of caution for those going to Los Angeles. The ground is only a couple of miles from Compton which is probably the most dangerous part of LA. My wife is in California at the moment and she told me things are very tense following the shooting of those cops in Dallas. Not being a scaremonger, just want people to be safe

jesus you like to lay it on thick don't you. Your just be careful if you ever come to a home game, Compton shomompton, when we leave, believe we're stompin but when we come back boy, were coming straight outta New Parks.

anyway, back in the real world.....hope all our us based fans enjoy the game, great that you get to see the team live without having to come halfway across the world.

My ticket says 8:30 KO but ESPN's coverage starts at 9. Does anyone know if that means it won't actually start until 9 or if for some reason ESPN is showing it on a half hour delay?

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 18:01, WiFoxes said:

My ticket says 8:30 KO but ESPN's coverage starts at 9. Does anyone know if that means it won't actually start until 9 or if for some reason ESPN is showing it on a half hour delay?

The programme doesn't start until 5am UK time on sky, so I guess there will be a half hour delay as LA are 8 hours behind

Can any locals recommend a pub to meet up at before the game?  Or are we better off heading to the stadium early and tailgating?

I've never tailgated before and am not sure of the etiquette - is it bad form to be dropped off in an Uber and just wander around with a six-pack?

17 minutes ago, Samwise said:

Can any locals recommend a pub to meet up at before the game?  Or are we better off heading to the stadium early and tailgating?

I've never tailgated before and am not sure of the etiquette - is it bad form to be dropped off in an Uber and just wander around with a six-pack?

It appears tailgating is the plan, and your form sounds impeccable. 

Archived