Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
drawfull

Uncharted 4 - NO SPOILERS PLEASE

I didn't even know there was a companion app. I will look into it. Although I haven't been online on my PS4 for over 12 months. Just never renewed my subscription. Havent missed it but I do wonder if its worth getting back online for this.

Depends what you are into, it is more like COD than TLOU run around shoot people die, re-spawn go again but similar aspects to TLOU you get downed and can be revived or executed, purchase upgrades mid game, but not the same stealth tense tactical game, the maps I've played are quite small so it is fast and furious but if you have a couple of mates with complementary load outs you can kick ass. I'm still unsure on the relics/companions they seem a bit gimmicky, but I've not really played it enough to judge, I do enjoy swinging around on my grapple and grapple punching people, instant down. 

This game is just stunning. Full of great gameplay and 'wow!' moments that keep making me laugh at how fun they are to play through. 

I keep losing hours to the photo mode as well. 

Brilliant - Naughty Dog have properly hit the nail on the head with this one. 

I also finished this last night. Just a stunning game from beginning to end. There are so many moments when you are climbing around where you just stop and take in the incredible scenery. Like Daz says you can lose a lot of time with the photo mode. I felt so sad when the credits came up i didn't want the story to end. 

I normally trade games in when i complete them but this i will certainly keep. Need to buy the other 3 games again as i hadn't played an uncharted game for a long time so i can't really remember the other 3 games.

Seriously if you have a PS4 this is a must buy. It is right up there for me as one of the most stunning looking games ever made. Naughty Dog has done the franchise proud.

I didn't even know there was a companion app. I will look into it. Although I haven't been online on my PS4 for over 12 months. Just never renewed my subscription. Havent missed it but I do wonder if its worth getting back online for this.

The MP is the biggest bag of unimaginative bollocks going.

Just finished the story, amazing game. I can't think of a better game series in the last 10 years in terms of consistent quality.

Considering there are 4 main Uncharted games I have to agree with you. Each one is a great game and better than its predecessor

• 2 weeks later...

Finished this game over the weekend. Stunning game in pretty much every aspect. Will now replay it a few times to get all of the trophies like the nerd I am lol

It's not quite my all time favourite, as The Last of Us just about tops it for me. Still a 10/10 though. 

I also finished this last night. Just a stunning game from beginning to end. There are so many moments when you are climbing around where you just stop and take in the incredible scenery. Like Daz says you can lose a lot of time with the photo mode. I felt so sad when the credits came up i didn't want the story to end. 

I normally trade games in when i complete them but this i will certainly keep. Need to buy the other 3 games again as i hadn't played an uncharted game for a long time so i can't really remember the other 3 games.

Seriously if you have a PS4 this is a must buy. It is right up there for me as one of the most stunning looking games ever made. Naughty Dog has done the franchise proud.

You're probably aware of this already mate but there is the Uncharted Collection on PS4 which has the first 3 games on one disc. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Uncharted-The-Nathan-Drake-Collection/dp/B00KJFDSJQ

Finished this game over the weekend. Stunning game in pretty much every aspect. Will now replay it a few times to get all of the trophies like the nerd I am lol

It's not quite my all time favourite, as The Last of Us just about tops it for me. Still a 10/10 though. 

You're probably aware of this already mate but there is the Uncharted Collection on PS4 which has the first 3 games on one disc. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Uncharted-The-Nathan-Drake-Collection/dp/B00KJFDSJQ

Yea i've been looking at the collection and need to buy it. For me Uncharted tops the last of us for the stunning scenery. I haven't played the last of us since it first came out so may have another go on it to truly compare.

Yea i've been looking at the collection and need to buy it. For me Uncharted tops the last of us for the stunning scenery. I haven't played the last of us since it first came out so may have another go on it to truly compare.

I have the collection. Having only had the first one on PS3, needed to go through the other two. I think the second one is the best of the first three, how does 2 stack up to 4 people?

Will get it once I'm done with Syndicate.

I have the collection. Having only had the first one on PS3, needed to go through the other two. I think the second one is the best of the first three, how does 2 stack up to 4 people?

Will get it once I'm done with Syndicate.

2 is definitely the best out of the first 3 from what I remember. I would say 4 is by far the better one just due to the graphics. Looks so realistic. Saying that though im remembering 2 from memory and I can only remember it being brilliant but nothing specific. Would need to play it again to give a true comparison.

Anyone who has a PS4 must get Uncharted 4. It would be criminal to own a PS4 and not at least give Uncarted 4 a go.

Still plodding through this when I have the time, Chapter 11 was an absolute joy to play, ringing that bell and those views...

Up to chapter 13 now, some of the little touches are great, such as the slippy handholds and every time something breaks as I jump on it I shit myself, literally every time.

As a criticism the puzzles aren't all that puzzling so far, and the standard encounters with bad guys are quite formulaic, again so far and it may improve, but it is mainly skulk around pick off the stragglers then get bored and just open fire, realise you are massively out gunned and run and hide until they forget about you and then pick them off again (I'm playing on hard might be more of an open fire fight on normal) compared to TLOU where you have varied encounters with the different types of zombie and human enemies, and different tricks such as listening and throwing a rock as a decoy. The crafting/tooling up/upgrading skills element seems to be missing, you have 1 main weapon 1 side weapon and some grenades and that is it, annoying when you end up with the wrong weapon combo when you go into a fire fight. One massive improvement on TLOU is the actions of the secondary characters, Elie and others were always in the way and got frustrating, but I rarely find Sam and Sully in my way.

I've not played any uncharted games before and thoroughly enjoying it, especially as the plot is developing nicely, I just find when I get to an encounter with shoreline I just want to skip it and get on with the game.

Still plodding through this when I have the time, Chapter 11 was an absolute joy to play, ringing that bell and those views...

Up to chapter 13 now, some of the little touches are great, such as the slippy handholds and every time something breaks as I jump on it I shit myself, literally every time.

As a criticism the puzzles aren't all that puzzling so far, and the standard encounters with bad guys are quite formulaic, again so far and it may improve, but it is mainly skulk around pick off the stragglers then get bored and just open fire, realise you are massively out gunned and run and hide until they forget about you and then pick them off again (I'm playing on hard might be more of an open fire fight on normal) compared to TLOU where you have varied encounters with the different types of zombie and human enemies, and different tricks such as listening and throwing a rock as a decoy. The crafting/tooling up/upgrading skills element seems to be missing, you have 1 main weapon 1 side weapon and some grenades and that is it, annoying when you end up with the wrong weapon combo when you go into a fire fight. One massive improvement on TLOU is the actions of the secondary characters, Elie and others were always in the way and got frustrating, but I rarely find Sam and Sully in my way.

I've not played any uncharted games before and thoroughly enjoying it, especially as the plot is developing nicely, I just find when I get to an encounter with shoreline I just want to skip it and get on with the game.

The puzzles are quite easy but I wasn't too bothered about that as I just wanted to continue the story. Agree with the encounters but there are some good ones later on with lots of different ways to be stealthy.

still a little repetitive but I enjoyed them. I agree that your friends never get in your way but I did find the enemy would never spot them even if they were out in the open lol

The puzzles are quite easy but I wasn't too bothered about that as I just wanted to continue the story. Agree with the encounters but there are some good ones later on with lots of different ways to be stealthy.

still a little repetitive but I enjoyed them. I agree that your friends never get in your way but I did find the enemy would never spot them even if they were out in the open lol

They sometimes grab them, but there doesn't seem any need to rescue them, if they were going to die when they got grabbed if you don't rescue them then it would add an extra element, but I do love the way they just run around in the open and nobody spots them. If you could position them, give Sully a silenced sniper rifle and send him to the top of a tower, give Sam an Assault rifle and get him to cover your advance, or flank left while you go right, stealth kill when possible and open fire when spotted.

Something like that would just add a bit of variety to the standard encounters.

They sometimes grab them, but there doesn't seem any need to rescue them, if they were going to die when they got grabbed if you don't rescue them then it would add an extra element, but I do love the way they just run around in the open and nobody spots them. If you could position them, give Sully a silenced sniper rifle and send him to the top of a tower, give Sam an Assault rifle and get him to cover your advance, or flank left while you go right, stealth kill when possible and open fire when spotted.

Something like that would just add a bit of variety to the standard encounters.

There are always ways of improving a game. I still loved it just for the incredible scenery. Like you mentioned earlier with the Bell ringing. I thought that sequence was really well made and the views are just stunning. Try and complete the game as I would love to know your final thoughts once you have played right through it. Later on in the game the views just get better and better

There are always ways of improving a game. I still loved it just for the incredible scenery. Like you mentioned earlier with the Bell ringing. I thought that sequence was really well made and the views are just stunning. Try and complete the game as I would love to know your final thoughts once you have played right through it. Later on in the game the views just get better and better

Will do, spoiler for chapter 11

the bell ringing and falling was just brilliantly done, completely shat myself when it fell and the heart was pounding trying to survive the fall, I'm sure from a programming point of view it just required you press X within quite a big window to jump and trigger the next sequence but it was so seamlessly done that it just felt like playing an action movie. At the start of that chapter though, the walking through the crowded market with so many people and just interacting with them as you walk was very impressive, and then a total change of pace with the car chase, brilliant.

look forward to the better views because Madagascar was mind blowing.

Up to chapter 17 now and... (major spoiler)

what a surprise Sam is a scum bag and has been lying to Nate the whole time, they kind of telegraphed it, but it was well done, a shame as I hoped he would be battling alcazar's crew for a bit of variety, but there has been some variety with the encounters, heavily armoured fvckers with Condors, but still very samey. The rocket launchers bringing down the tower was fun and the flash back episode was interesting, but could have had more of a puzzle element and the chase at the end of it was lacking any real drama or intensity, probably nit picking here, but I can't help but see some missed opportunities to improve what is a fantastic game.

Up to chapter 17 now and... (major spoiler)

what a surprise Sam is a scum bag and has been lying to Nate the whole time, they kind of telegraphed it, but it was well done, a shame as I hoped he would be battling alcazar's crew for a bit of variety, but there has been some variety with the encounters, heavily armoured fvckers with Condors, but still very samey. The rocket launchers bringing down the tower was fun and the flash back episode was interesting, but could have had more of a puzzle element and the chase at the end of it was lacking any real drama or intensity, probably nit picking here, but I can't help but see some missed opportunities to improve what is a fantastic game.

It was so obvious and yet I never thought that he could have been lying. I liked the bit where Nate says he could have just googled it. I can guess loads of people playing the game would have thought that same thing so it made me laugh when Nate said it. I assume the chase you refer to is when the police are after you as kids. Wasn't overly difficult so like you say no real drama. Still good though. Cant remember what Chapter 17 is but I think you will coming upto the end soon. Ive let my bro borrow it but I really want to play it again.

I am a huge xbox fan but the last of us is still the best console game i have ever played.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished the game

I enjoyed the sword fight at the end and those flame graphics were just ridiculous, it was an enjoyable conclusion, although the epilogue chapter was a bit lame. Criticisms still remain, I gave up on searching for treasures (just pointlessly time consuming) and the encounters definitely needed more variety along with a skill tree or the option to tool up/ level up pretty sure I ended the last encounter using the same weapons as the first one. There were also minor annoyances when you know how to get across something but you  can't do it until your buddy points it out to you. But just as a game to play through it is stunning. I'm half tempted to activate unlimited ammo and just blast through it on easy collecting treasures, one of the trophies is complete it in under 6 hours, that is another challenge.

Compared to TLOU it is better in terms of graphics and movement and the interaction with your buddies, but TLOU is better in terms of story and gameplay (number of weapons, variety of weapons and bad guys, limitations on ammo made hunting around more profitable and shanking/stealthing more rewarding, levelling up skills and tooling weapons also made a huge difference to gameplay).   

I'm now racking up the kills on multi-player!

Finished the game

I enjoyed the sword fight at the end and those flame graphics were just ridiculous, it was an enjoyable conclusion, although the epilogue chapter was a bit lame. Criticisms still remain, I gave up on searching for treasures (just pointlessly time consuming) and the encounters definitely needed more variety along with a skill tree or the option to tool up/ level up pretty sure I ended the last encounter using the same weapons as the first one. There were also minor annoyances when you know how to get across something but you  can't do it until your buddy points it out to you. But just as a game to play through it is stunning. I'm half tempted to activate unlimited ammo and just blast through it on easy collecting treasures, one of the trophies is complete it in under 6 hours, that is another challenge.

Compared to TLOU it is better in terms of graphics and movement and the interaction with your buddies, but TLOU is better in terms of story and gameplay (number of weapons, variety of weapons and bad guys, limitations on ammo made hunting around more profitable and shanking/stealthing more rewarding, levelling up skills and tooling weapons also made a huge difference to gameplay).   

I'm now racking up the kills on multi-player!

I need to give TLOU another play through. I haven't been on it since it was first released. I haven't been on multiplayer on Uncharted yet as I am not online. Don't think I will bother. Unlimited ammo in a rocket launcher would be a laugh lol. The treasures have always been just a filler to extend the game life. I always start off looking in every corner then give up half way just because I cant be arsed. I really liked the epilogue. I thought it was a nice way to round it all off. My brother is playing it atm so once I get it back I will play through on the hardest setting. I got upto the auction bit before I let my brother borrow it and found it quite easy but I hadn't done a proper encounter yet.

Archived