Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

News / Current affairs section (gone back to general chat)

Guest CityFan 06

That's kind of what the whole topic of this thread was; there used to be one for a trial period but it was taken away

Oh right I see. Fair enough.

but when you're on mobile it doesn't tell you what the most recent thread posted in is, it just tells you there are new posts in general chat. so you click in it thinking it will be something good and then... labour did something bad in 1996 and matt p still hasn't got over it and is blaming ken 

lol

:(

Why have you done this? The beauty of general chat is you get a mix of people and topics discussing everything, from the serious to the silly to the banal (I mean a thread on trainers?), if you have zero interest in politics then don't click on any threads, the reason there are a lot of politics threads is because there is a lot going on in politics and not much else, traffic is down as the football season is over, creating a politics sub forum will not create more interesting content in General Chat. Things will calm down politics wise, especially when the football starts again.

If you create a politics sub forum you will get the same handful of people discussing the same things and any polls and topics will be missed by the general chat people.

Politics shouldn't be marginalised and hidden away because some people find it boring, it should engage the masses.

Killing the forum imo

all jokes aside it is ruining gen chat. there's about 400 topics that are all the same, they're getting locked then unlocked then repeated then moved then moved back then posted in and even the people who care about this stuff must surely be confused about where they are meant to get angry at someone else these days.

:(

Why have you done this? The beauty of general chat is you get a mix of people and topics discussing everything, from the serious to the silly to the banal (I mean a thread on trainers?), if you have zero interest in politics then don't click on any threads, the reason there are a lot of politics threads is because there is a lot going on in politics and not much else, traffic is down as the football season is over, creating a politics sub forum will not create more interesting content in General Chat. Things will calm down politics wise, especially when the football starts again.

If you create a politics sub forum you will get the same handful of people discussing the same things and any polls and topics will be missed by the general chat people.

Politics shouldn't be marginalised and hidden away because some people find it boring, it should engage the masses.

But at least then we can avoid the entire sub forum of politics rather than just think nah not even gonna bother opening general chat cos it'll be boring. Least I'd be able to browse and avoid the politics

But at least then we can avoid the entire sub forum of politics rather than just think nah not even gonna bother opening general chat cos it'll be boring. Least I'd be able to browse and avoid the politics

Can we have a sub forum for all the threads I don't want to look at?

Just don't open the threads, it's not difficult, it is one of the most interesting times in politics ever in this country, Brexit, New PM, Labour Party in fighting, you should be interested as it massively affects all of us.

Can we have a sub forum for all the threads I don't want to look at?

Just don't open the threads, it's not difficult, it is one of the most interesting times in politics ever in this country, Brexit, New PM, Labour Party in fighting, you should be interested as it massively affects all of us.

It is difficult though when 9 of the top 11 threads are politics. It's not worth even going in the forum

It is difficult though when 9 of the top 11 threads are politics. It's not worth even going in the forum

Then contribute something of interest, I often go into General Chat and there is nothing I am interested in, the politics chat is not stopping anyone else from chatting, but it is the summer there is no football on people are on holiday the news is dominated by politics at the moment with the odd terrorist attack thrown in, general chat is just a reflection of that.

Didn't MattP set up a 'Politics Thread, a few months back? Can't find it but probably been locked.

Most politics threads currently open could've been merged into it.

Archived