Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lgfualol

Battlefield 1

• 3 weeks later...

did anyone get a code to play the Alpha? hearing that some are getting codes but for the wrong console etc.

If anyone has a PS4 one and owns and XBOX and wants to give away then please feel free to message me it. Desperate to play it :) 

Never played battlefield before, is it FPS or multiplayer or both?

It looks stunning and if historically accurate could be educational as well as fun (could you imagine if your history homework was to complete the first level of this and compare with other sources).

Never played battlefield before, is it FPS or multiplayer or both?

It looks stunning and if historically accurate could be educational as well as fun (could you imagine if your history homework was to complete the first level of this and compare with other sources).

FPS means first person shooter, irregardless of single/multiplayer, but yeah it's both. 

FPS means first person shooter, irregardless of single/multiplayer, but yeah it's both.

Fair point, I just always think of single player campaigns when someone describes a game as FPS.

While we are being pedantic:

:P 

• 1 month later...

The issue I have with this game is (once again) snipers. Every many and his dog is a sniper. It's about time they just removed snipers altogether or limited it to 4 slots 64 man per game.

They have their value, but people are in it for the KD ratio, so most people will pick the most OP weapon and this time that's snipers, especially with the downgrade in bullet drop physics, it makes it near on impossible to win against a sniper now.

6 hours ago, Shaneb said:

The issue I have with this game is (once again) snipers. Every many and his dog is a sniper. It's about time they just removed snipers altogether or limited it to 4 slots 64 man per game.

They have their value, but people are in it for the KD ratio, so most people will pick the most OP weapon and this time that's snipers, especially with the downgrade in bullet drop physics, it makes it near on impossible to win against a sniper now.

Whilst I agree with you in parts, it'd be the same if they took out snipers. If they did, everyone would walk around with an MP-18. It's the same circle.

I think if you dislike the snipers you won't like Battlefield. It's large scale maps make it easy for people to sit with a sniper from long range. The trick is to be aware of your surroundings and learn the maps to flank round and avoid snipers.

This game is beautiful for its multi purpose combat. I love just being able to get on a quad/horse/chopper and blow shit up with my mates. If you care about K/D a lot still, I'd recommend sticking to the CoD games.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2016 at 16:33, Adster said:

Whilst I agree with you in parts, it'd be the same if they took out snipers. If they did, everyone would walk around with an MP-18. It's the same circle.

I think if you dislike the snipers you won't like Battlefield. It's large scale maps make it easy for people to sit with a sniper from long range. The trick is to be aware of your surroundings and learn the maps to flank round and avoid snipers.

This game is beautiful for its multi purpose combat. I love just being able to get on a quad/horse/chopper and blow shit up with my mates. If you care about K/D a lot still, I'd recommend sticking to the CoD games.

I do actually like Battlefield. A big fan of Bad company 1 and 2 and loved battlefield 4. 

I'm not fussed about KD ratio either, I tend to stick to battlefield/bad company for the gameplay and large scale battles. It does seem like there maybe a slight influx of COD players in the game who want a high KD and therefore picking the OP'd weapons.

It's not that I don't like snipers and can deal with them (in the likes of battlefield), but in this version it seems that sniping is easier and takes less skill (having never mastered sniping in previous games and suddenly I am good) and weigh that with games where it seems like 60% of the opposition are running around with sniper rifles then it's not really playable in the way it's meant to be played.,,,,Having said that I have been in some good well balanced games/I guess one map is not a true reflection of the game inself

Downloaded this on Friday night and have a had a blast playing it at the weekend.

The game look, plays and sounds amazing. Every class is fun to play but the satisfaction you get from headshotting someone across the map with the snipers is superb.

The sniper without the scope is my favourite gun so far. I don't care about K/D ratios or any of that bollocks. I just love capturing and keeping a flag.

My only problem is that Horses seem broken? I've shot many that are on horses and they just walk right upto me and kill me with their swords. But then it says that the enemy has 0 health? Is that a glitch?

On ‎02‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 16:33, Adster said:

They  normally try and prevent this by giving challenges with other weapons to get people experimenting with the different guns to get extra XP points/unlock points.

What I would like to see in games like this and Battlefront is a class limit, so you can have 2 sniper class, 4 assault class, 2 support class either you select them or they are assigned randomly (I've not actually played battlefield 1 but played similar so not sure how that would work with this game) so you start each battle as a certain class and have certain objectives relevant to your class, but you can still have different load outs and unlockables within the classes.

How big are the maps? How many players on each side? Is it just Deathmatch or are there different game modes/objectives?

17 hours ago, Captain... said:

They  normally try and prevent this by giving challenges with other weapons to get people experimenting with the different guns to get extra XP points/unlock points.

What I would like to see in games like this and Battlefront is a class limit, so you can have 2 sniper class, 4 assault class, 2 support class either you select them or they are assigned randomly (I've not actually played battlefield 1 but played similar so not sure how that would work with this game) so you start each battle as a certain class and have certain objectives relevant to your class, but you can still have different load outs and unlockables within the classes.

How big are the maps? How many players on each side? Is it just Deathmatch or are there different game modes/objectives?

Sounds like a good idea to me, Although the classes seem a lot more sporadic now, maybe people have dropped off the game and we've got normal Battlefield players now. I have also noticed some changes to the game which have made it a more even playing field.

Another thing i noticed is that I realised I hadn't setup my filter to filter out non-European servers. I must have thought I was still in Battlefield 4. The lack of lag has helped a whole lot

Finally gave this a go last night. Had no server problems and the game played really well. No lag at all. Loved it. Tried all the classes out and they all have there good points. Found the planes a little tricky. The bomber is great. There was a pesky sniper on the edge of the map that kept killing me so I ran him over. The ****er lol