Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lgfualol

Battlefield 1

On 9/7/2016 at 14:12, kingcarr21 said:

It just came up on Facebook that it finishes Thursday. What time though im not sure

yeah Beta has finished, they opened up all weapons etc.. on the last day. Gave me a chance have a play.

I'll be buying this, maybe not on day one might wait till everything settles down. I'll still be playing Fifa or PES

Before this I'd never gut stuck into a battlefield game but I really enjoyed the beta, I was worried about a lack of depth with the weaponry and the like but it's upstanding and a welcome break from constantly dying on cod as you've not got people spawning behind you all of the time.

Didn't get a chance to play the beta but I'm looking forward to this and I've never really played any of the Battlefield games. Got Battlefield 4 for £3.75 on Xbox One the other night - single player is bloody awful and full of bugs, but the multiplayer is a great laugh, far less stressful than COD

3 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Didn't get a chance to play the beta but I'm looking forward to this and I've never really played any of the Battlefield games. Got Battlefield 4 for £3.75 on Xbox One the other night - single player is bloody awful and full of bugs, but the multiplayer is a great laugh, far less stressful than COD

This is what I've loved about the beta. Nobody seems to care about the objective in COD and everybody seems to sweat it out to the max.

The beta has been far more rewarding and enjoyable.

When I've finished a game on the beta I think I've done really well but I check my kills to death ratio and it's awful. But I'd be going around healing and reviving my squad mates and capturing the objectives.

I got EA access last night so I could play Fifa 17 and Battlefield One early and I downloaded BF4 for free.

Happy days.

12 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

This is what I've loved about the beta. Nobody seems to care about the objective in COD and everybody seems to sweat it out to the max.

Only played about 15 matches so far but yeah it seems that you are part of a team, and you're not worrying about dying just before you get a killstreak, no spawn killing so far, don't know why I didn't try it sooner - the last Battlefield I played was Bad Company and I thought the gameplay was lacking but it's obviously come on a long way since

Just seen BF Hardline is £3.75 (without EA Access) - will probably try that too this evening

• 1 month later...

Playing this on EA access. I must say apart from the cheaters the maps are amazing. I've not played the solo campaign yet, but from what I hear it's better than multiplayer

On 09/09/2016 at 14:55, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Just seen BF Hardline is £3.75 (without EA Access) - will probably try that too this evening

Hardline got a lot of stick but I really enjoyed it. Really fun maps and games are fast-paced. 

Wont get Battlefield until maybe Saturday. The wait is killer. 

48 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Hardline got a lot of stick but I really enjoyed it. Really fun maps and games are fast-paced. 

Wont get Battlefield until maybe Saturday. The wait is killer. 

I am enjoying the shit out Hardline - really love team deathmatch on the Bank map at night I just seem to get so many kills as I can navigate the roof of the bank without being seen a lot of the time. I usually do really badly on Night Woods and Dust Bowl as I'm not too hot at sniping but it's still a lot of fun. 

I'm not getting BF1 just yet because I'm still learning the ropes with BF Hardline and 4 and will be getting Forza Horizon 3 soon but really excited about it

16 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I am enjoying the shit out Hardline - really love team deathmatch on the Bank map at night I just seem to get so many kills as I can navigate the roof of the bank without being seen a lot of the time. I usually do really badly on Night Woods and Dust Bowl as I'm not too hot at sniping but it's still a lot of fun. 

I use a shotgun on that map and get mad kills. I love those night maps, utter chaos. 

I just realised your original comment was from September lol 

23 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I use a shotgun on that map and get mad kills. I love those night maps, utter chaos. 

I just realised your original comment was from September lol 

Yeah I'm still a BF novice, luckily a lot of what I learnt from COD carries across but you don't spawn under a rocket every other time so it's much more enjoyable. People also don't send you death threats for being better than them which is nice

I use MP5K with silencer, FLIR 2x scope and grenade launcher. It is really good for close quarters as the hip fire accuracy is outstanding and alright for medium range. From the rooftop down onto the street, I fire a grenade then switch to MP5K and finish them off. Get some crazy kills from up on my perch!

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I use MP5K with silencer, FLIR 2x scope and grenade launcher. It is really good for close quarters as the hip fire accuracy is outstanding and alright for medium range. From the rooftop down onto the street, I fire a grenade then switch to MP5K and finish them off. Get some crazy kills from up on my perch!

Ah, I have been killed many a time using that tactic. I usually make it my mission to take the roof guys out haha. I usually use the SR-25 ECC, I love semi automatic sniper rifles. 

35 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Ah, I have been killed many a time using that tactic. I usually make it my mission to take the roof guys out haha. I usually use the SR-25 ECC, I love semi automatic sniper rifles. 

I'm smart enough not to hang around though lol what I love doing more than anything is killing someone and hanging around for 5 seconds to make it look like I'm camping, find a vantage point and wait for the person to come to get me then pick them off again. Well satisfying

56 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I'm smart enough not to hang around though lol what I love doing more than anything is killing someone and hanging around for 5 seconds to make it look like I'm camping, find a vantage point and wait for the person to come to get me then pick them off again. Well satisfying

I have been known to fall victim to that as well. My favourite trick is to pretend I didn't see an enemy, run somewhere, hide and wait for them to run past. 

i got the EA access trial last friday and blitzed through it in one hit. i then bought early enlister and cancelled my pre order. now my credit card is maxed out but im level 14 and operations kicks ass! 

I need an Xbox one squad though so if anyone wants to play, my tag is Hickling and pm me and we will swap some deets. 

This is the game I was most hyped about and part of the reason I actually got a PS4, but I've just not got the time to commit to it to justify the ridiculous PSN price.

Is this likely to be one of those games like GTA V that holds its value for years?

I love the look of this game and have heard the campaign is actually worth playing, too, unlike perhaps previous iterations.

31 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Is it worth picking up one of the earlier battlefields for PS4 instead ? Which is best of the previous ?

Out of Hardline or BF4, then definitely BF4 if you want the Battlefield experience. I'm not sure if there will be a dip in people playing it now though. BF1 is where it's at. 

On 21/10/2016 at 15:36, EnderbyFox said:

Addicted already. Bye-bye Fifa 

Same. It's incredible.

Edited by lgfualol