Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

I know I posted an article a few weeks ago regarding Joel Matip and not going to AFCON but havn't actually seen if anything else has been discussed about it so may have missed a few things...

So it seems he has been banned from playing club football during the tournament or it's being investigated/decided what action will be took anyway.

Bridges have obviously been burnt, I doubt either he will want to play from them again/they will pick him again so why doesn't he just retire from International football, shove two fingers up to it then surely he's free to play club football?

Who cares about International football in this day and age anyway!

Apparently he and Liverpool are claiming he did retire in 2015 

FIFA are having a meeting on Friday to discuss whether he will be available to play for Liverpool or not 

Memphis Depay is going to Lyon for £16m. 

He might have been a flop but at least United have given him a chance. He's played over 50 games for them, and thus they have determined he isnt up to it. Kapustka have played 15 minutes of first team football and Benalouane is rotting in the U23s. If they're not good enough why waste the best part of £14m on the pair? 

Bizare recruitments and management.

I'm fully aware that Kapustka is only 20 and might still have a future here, but Benalouane's career here have been really weird. Just frozen out for unknown reasons.

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Benalouane as a signing has never made a jot of sense. We paid decent money for that bloke.

Very similar to Hernandez. Neither are big signings, but you would have thought they would have done better and played more than they have. 

It's almost like Claudio agreed to the signings, saw them in training and instantly ruled them as not good enough. Bizarre way of doing business. 

They have to get it right in the window! Good start with N'didi, but we need about three more players, and we can't afford anymore mistakes with these types of signings, as the current squad are in desperate need of some real quality. 

10m for their best player who has improved a lot  since they signed him two seasons ago for 8?

Screams of their owner just pocketing it to be honest. There's no chance it's getting reinvested.

Hull will plummet.

Some interesting news relating to more money making form next season.... might mean we can actually attract some shirt sponsor money if KP are happy to.

"Premier League clubs have been given the green light to brand the sleeve of their playing kits next season. Red Button Marketing is working with a number of those clubs to source sponsorship partners for this new rights package.

This type of sponsorship is already popular in other sports and leagues around the world, with La Liga leading the way in generating additional sponsorship revenue through this channel. 

With the Premier League now attracting billions of viewers per season globally, this is an exciting sponsorship property that will deliver worldwide exposure for a brand.

As an official partner of a Premier League club packages can also include inventory such as LED advertising, access to the Club’s image rights, social media, global database plus ‘money can’t buy’ opportunities."

Cheese and crackers and drinking a beer while watching players go mental at each other would be great entertainment.

Not that I'd pay 15k for the privilege mind. While there's people/companies with absurd amounts of money to spunk away, why not milk them. 

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Disgusting?

£30,000 to stand next to the tunnel eating cheese?

It used to be available to the average joe...what with it being a working man's game and all.

So yes, disgusting. I'm pretty disgusted by the fact that it now costs the annual salary of the average man to gawk, at close quarters, at the hyper-rich.

9 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

£30,000 to stand next to the tunnel eating cheese?

It used to be available to the average joe...what with it being a working man's game and all.

So yes, disgusting. I'm pretty disgusted by the fact that it now costs the annual salary of the average man to gawk, at close quarters, at the hyper-rich.

Don't really see the issue though? Do you want to see this and are gutted you can't afford it? (I say that, you could be a secret millionaire haha)

It's just another way of milking the rich, it's probably going to get more and more absurd as the years pass by. It's been announced today that premier league football teams have been given permission to add yet another sponsor to the shirts on the sleeves.

Archived