Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

22 minutes ago, the fox said:

shakey's team is as strong as last season's, dont you think n'didi is giving them a platform, doesn't that mean n'didi >mahrez and vardy

I can't even be bothered to argue with you. Ok yes you are right, this year we are exactly the same team without Kante, if you want

I don't see why there has to be this massive comparison. Pretty much every player had their own specific important role in us winning the league last year.

I tell you what though, if Kanté has been working on his shooting and the goal vs Man U becomes more of the norm, we may as well give him the Ballon d'Or for the next 5 years. 

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I don't see why there has to be this massive comparison. Pretty much every player had their own specific important role in us winning the league last year.

I tell you what though, if Kanté has been working on his shooting and the goal vs Man U becomes more of the norm, we may as well give him the Ballon d'Or for the next 5 years. 

Exactly. Teams win games and leagues. Individuals may "shine" more than some others, but in the end it's the whole team effort that counts (or doesn't, as this season as shown).

23 minutes ago, the fox said:

don't be upset, are stats and fact too much for your likinglol

Hang on. You genuinely think this year we are on the same level as last year? All the stats point otherwise as well as it being blatantly ****ing obvious 

3 hours ago, foxes21 said:

Drinkwater was just as important as Kante last season imo

this 'kante won us the league' agenda which the media and opposition fans believe, is a load of rubbish

It's the same rubbish about 'Huth saving us from relegation' that I see on here a lot. The formation change, Albrighton and Schlupp as wingbacks, Cambiasso, Kasper, and Vardy were all just as important.

It's a team game, a team effort. Kante was essential to our season, but so was Drinky, Fuchs, Kasper, Mahrez, and Vardy. If any of them had been taken out of the team instead of Kante, we would have had the same drop in performance for this season.

Kante was an absolute freak last season.

I've seen players like Mahrez and Vardy before (albeit obviously not for us) but Kante can lay claim to being the very best at what he does.

Personally I thought he was the biggest individual component in our title win last season, albeit it seems that that isn't a very trendy thing to say round these parts.

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

I've seen players like Mahrez and Vardy before (albeit obviously not for us) but Kante can lay claim to being the very best at what he does.

Personally I thought he was the biggest individual component in our title win last season, albeit it seems that that isn't a very trendy thing to say round these parts.

We were conceding a load of goals early on last season which can partly be attributed to De Laet and Schlupp as well as our approach to games; it wasn't a coincidence though we tightened up when Kante was played in the middle. The same thing's occurred this season, without Kante (or Wilf) we simply couldn't play 442 so I agree that he was single most important player amongst all of the (still vitally important) players.

32 minutes ago, ttfn said:

:schmike:

23 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Jesus christ not another one. I'm not taking anything away from the pair of them im just saying Kante gave us the platform to do something unreal like win the league. 

Fvcking hard work this place is at times. Like the pundits most fans think the only players that matter are the forwards.

Well let's play without a keeper or two centre backs but extra players up front and see how many we win.

As Brian Clough said no point scoring four if you let five in every week.

The other problem on here is say anything about mahrez and the visitors kick off.

5 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Fvcking hard work this place is at times. Like the pundits most fans think the only players that matter are the forwards.

Well let's play without a keeper or two centre backs but extra players up front and see how many we win.

The other problem on here is say anything about mahrez and the visitors kick off.

I know mate it's ridiculous. I can't even be bothered to argue with people that claim the current team we have now is as good if not better than our title winning campaign. Same players pretty much barring he who shall not be named but the level of performance was 10x better last season. 

8 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I know mate it's ridiculous. I can't even be bothered to argue with people that claim the current team we have now is as good if not better than our title winning campaign. Same players pretty much barring he who shall not be named but the level of performance was 10x better last season. 

And the one you cant say a word against. The one that's been shite like everyone else until the last four games. Now he's world class. Sorry world class players don't play shite for 2/3of a season.

On the subject of Kante, the praise he's got this season has really irked me. He was twice the player last year, yet got little praise compared to this season. It's easy to be in his role at a team like chelsea, where he's playing next to an utter thug, a team which plays like a rugby outfit. Just further proves the bias of the media towards the elite

8 hours ago, sylofox said:

1-that's just dumb.

2-and there is no point in not letting more than 2 goals if you can't score 1

3- you know that i said mahrez and vardy, right? or did you choose to phrase it like that on purpose.

4 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

On the subject of Kante, the praise he's got this season has really irked me. He was twice the player last year, yet got little praise compared to this season. It's easy to be in his role at a team like chelsea, where he's playing next to an utter thug, a team which plays like a rugby outfit. Just further proves the bias of the media towards the elite

:schmike:

8 minutes ago, the fox said:

@sylofox, the football genius doesn't think hazard is world class because he went missing last season

I'm surprised you can even see other players. Infact your head is so far up Mahrez's arse do you even know if its night or day?

1 hour ago, the fox said:

@sylofox, the football genius doesn't think hazard is world class because he went missing last season

1 hour ago, the fox said:

that's just you being salty, @sylofox  you can't discredit the message so you are trying to discredit the messenger, real maturity right the:appl:, petty insulteslol

Just like your sarcastic post above.

In my opinion,

kante is is a very good player, but just as he was under praised for large parts of last season, and in my opinion he is being a little over praised this season.

thats not to say he isn't very good, but Chelsea won the league the year before they threw a mardy (with ease andwithout Kante). Leicester had produced some of the best form in Europe pre-Kante (1st season in the prem). Also I'd like to see how he performed in champions league and long term international football before being labelled the  best midfielder in the world! (Lampard?)

again in its just opinion, and he was a fundamental part in us winning the league, but did he win anything in France? And why is that if he single handed my won Leicester and then Chelsea the premier league? (Didn't Caen finish 13th?) 

all that said, it is just opinion, and he is very, very good.

Archived