Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dunnyfox

New memberships

The club really have fcuked up the membership scheme by allowing an extra 5000 silver memberships to be sold, I wouldn't upgrade to Silver out of principal as I had written to Susan Whelan complaining about this and funnily enough very soon after sending the letter along with others I may add the cessation of additional silver sales was announced. I am now in a position of being offered 4 City Fox memberships which will get me the square root of fcuk all ticket opportunity. I really hope the club sort this mess out because with 24000 ST holders the away allocation and the thousands of Silver members there really would be no point in renewing City Fox, money down the drain.

Where did you get the number 5000 from?

I'm hoping they scrap the gold silver city fox memberships and just do a membership scheme with points, taking the last 2 seasons into account.

The reason why I wouldn't go back to 1981 or whenever is because it is pointless ticket sales were not recorded and registered in the same way, I went to a number of games where my Dad got the tickets, or I paid on the door/just bought from the ticket office.

Since the introduction of the membership scheme every ticket purchase has been recorded against each member, for home tickets is should be based on how many games you went to not how much money you spend. I accept this may be harsh on people who have moved away and bought a gold membership to get to guarantee tickets for the odd occasion they are in town, but this is fairer.

Someone who bought tickets as a member for every home game of the last 2 seasons should get priority over someone like me who only went to about half, I like the idea of extra points for going to unfashionable games, like the League Cup and FA Cup.

There are plenty of ways to manage this, and there would be no issue if they had stuck to the original quantities of Silver tickets, capped at 2000 at the start of 2014/15. 

Where did you get the number 5000 from?

I'm hoping they scrap the gold silver city fox memberships and just do a membership scheme with points, taking the last 2 seasons into account.

The reason why I wouldn't go back to 1981 or whenever is because it is pointless ticket sales were not recorded and registered in the same way, I went to a number of games where my Dad got the tickets, or I paid on the door/just bought from the ticket office.

Since the introduction of the membership scheme every ticket purchase has been recorded against each member, for home tickets is should be based on how many games you went to not how much money you spend. I accept this may be harsh on people who have moved away and bought a gold membership to get to guarantee tickets for the odd occasion they are in town, but this is fairer.

Someone who bought tickets as a member for every home game of the last 2 seasons should get priority over someone like me who only went to about half, I like the idea of extra points for going to unfashionable games, like the League Cup and FA Cup.

There are plenty of ways to manage this, and there would be no issue if they had stuck to the original quantities of Silver tickets, capped at 2000 at the start of 2014/15. 

I was told by a member of the ticket office they had sold around 5000 additional Silver memberships, I don't think it was a secret it was mentioned on here .

I was told by a member of the ticket office they had sold around 5000 additional Silver memberships, I don't think it was a secret it was mentioned on here .

I hadn't seen that, was just wondering if it was an official number or an exaggerated number to make a point. If they did sell 5000 extra Silver memberships that is pretty shameful.

In the end I got to all games I wanted to, except Everton and that was not as a result of additional Silver memberships.

I hadn't seen that, was just wondering if it was an official number or an exaggerated number to make a point. If they did sell 5000 extra Silver memberships that is pretty shameful.

In the end I got to all games I wanted to, except Everton and that was not as a result of additional Silver memberships.

So the club have around 7000 silver members after stating it would be capped at 2000 when I entered the scheme in 2014?

Charming.

So the club have around 7000 silver members after stating it would be capped at 2000 when I entered the scheme in 2014?

Charming.

And none of them got to go to the Everton game. Imagine if you paid to be a city fox this season...

I do think that maybe we have too many season ticket holders, we make more money from a seat filled by a member every game than a season ticket holder and it gives more people an opportunity to watch a game. I wouldn't allow any new season ticket holders until the number is reduced to about 18000.

To be fair im not sure how much truth there is in all these extra silver members. I have heard it on several occasions but why would they do it, its not like they need the money and even if they did surely they would do it with the gold memberships as they are more expensive. We need to verify this really as if it is true surely it needs looking at. It doesnt affect me but if it is true i would be wanting to know why they did it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

To be fair im not sure how much truth there is in all these extra silver members. I have heard it on several occasions but why would they do it, its not like they need the money and even if they did surely they would do it with the gold memberships as they are more expensive. We need to verify this really as if it is true surely it needs looking at. It doesnt affect me but if it is true i would be wanting to know why they did it

Are you being serious? I've not got the inclination to show you any of the sources but there are many available - even the official LCFC news article said after the influx and complaints they've decided it's best to stop

Im not arguing that they did it im just saying are we sure its an extra 5000 and not another figure and i cant understand why they only did it to silver and not gold

Im not arguing that they did it im just saying are we sure its an extra 5000 and not another figure and i cant understand why they only did it to silver and not gold

They did increase the limit on gold also which devalued silver memberships even more, had I known this i would have maybe upgraded.

All these 'loyal' had a membership for 2 years people on here are a joke. You've shown your support for the club whilst we are in the Premier League. Some support that is, I'm sure you really put yourselves out for that. Stop biting that you deserve more because you jumped on the bandwagon first. I don't care how the club sorts it out, I'm confident they'll be fair. We have a bigger fan base now, great, let's try and retain it and grow

Serious question... who is the more loyal supporter. The guy with plenty of money who buys a season ticket to guarantee his seat at the 'big' matches, but is nowhere to be seen when we play Burnley, or the guy whose only attendance of the season is the Burnley game, because he couldn't get a season ticket and that was the only game he qualified to get tickets for because he wasn't 'loyal' enough?

This isn't a pop at season ticket holders or gold members, just the system, which like so many automated systems can't see the reasons and the causes, just the results; just as none of us can say whether anyone else here is a loyal supporter.

It's all situational and people lose perspective, but I think that if you always try to follow every City game, be it being there, watching TV, listening on radio or by text, then you're a loyal supporter and it's just a shame that there isn't the opportunity to guarantee such a person the opportunity of tickets for at least one or two matches a season.

Basically, we need a bigger stadium.

All these 'loyal' had a membership for 2 years people on here are a joke. You've shown your support for the club whilst we are in the Premier League. Some support that is, I'm sure you really put yourselves out for that. Stop biting that you deserve more because you jumped on the bandwagon first. I don't care how the club sorts it out, I'm confident they'll be fair. We have a bigger fan base now, great, let's try and retain it and grow

Yeah, I'm sure all 5000 people that bought memberships in 2014 had never been down the City before we got promoted  :rolleyes:

I'd purchased memberships in the past whilst in the championship untill the last two seasons as it was pointless due to the empty seats before we were promoted.

The idea of the membership was to guarantee you tickets as the games were more high profile and likely to sell out in the top fligh so when the new membership schemes were introduced and made available prior to the 14/15 season it was generally the fans most interested in the club, knowing they were unable to attend every home fixture, who got in there first.

Serious question... who is the more loyal supporter. The guy with plenty of money who buys a season ticket to guarantee his seat at the 'big' matches, but is nowhere to be seen when we play Burnley, or the guy whose only attendance of the season is the Burnley game, because he couldn't get a season ticket and that was the only game he qualified to get tickets for because he wasn't 'loyal' enough?

This isn't a pop at season ticket holders or gold members, just the system, which like so many automated systems can't see the reasons and the causes, just the results; just as none of us can say whether anyone else here is a loyal supporter.

It's all situational and people lose perspective, but I think that if you always try to follow every City game, be it being there, watching TV, listening on radio or by text, then you're a loyal supporter and it's just a shame that there isn't the opportunity to guarantee such a person the opportunity of tickets for at least one or two matches a season.

Basically, we need a bigger stadium.

To the fans a loyal supporter is one who goes to any game when he/she has time off work and can afford it.

To the club it's one who has the most money.

Even if youre getting married on match day etc. No excuses if youve got time off work and can afford it. lol

Yeah i mean a wedding is no excuse not to go the the footy is it lol

To the fans a loyal supporter is one who goes to any game when he/she has time off work and can afford it.

To the club it's one who has the most money.

Anyone who works on match day is a plastic. You get your job, wife and kids around match day,

If one of em interferes you kill them.

Archived