Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
karlrog

New Memberships for 2016/17 - Advice needed.

New Member so Hello to all!! - Just a quick question - Is there a renewal date and allocated spaces for Gold/Silver members for 2016/2017??. I was a season Ticket holder for 12 years but had to give it up for family and work reasons 2 years ago but now all ok again ironically so was thinking of getting a Gold / Family Membership for next year. Thanks

No chance mate. Im silver member and want to get a st (failing that .. very likely!) Gold membership. But the chances of me upgrading to gold are very slim.

They oversold gold memberships, which is pretty evident from the demand for Everton tickets with many Gold members missing out. As far as I know current gold members get the option to renew before they go on sale to general public. No idea of the dates.

There won't be a gold and silver membership package next season they p***d off too many people who had purchased the membership at the start of the season in good faith.

Really? Would be nice of them to let current members know this seeing as first dibs on renewal and left over season tickets are one of the perks of the membership

Did they stop selling the memberships at all, or did they just keep taking them even though no-one had a chance to get any tickets?

The club sold plenty more Silver Memberships when everyone was trying to get tickets. It wasn't until current members complained that they stopped selling them. Silver members were always able to buy tickets but after the club didn't put a cap on silvers it meant many silvers missed out on tickets for the final few games.

There won't be a gold and silver membership package next season they p***d off too many people who had purchased the membership at the start of the season in good faith.

no...they pissed you off.

there will be gold/family/silver/city and junior next season

mark my words. once the ST's are gone the memberships come up first come first served. 

mark my words. once the ST's are gone the memberships come up first come first served. 

So you're saying Gold aren't renewable? I thought I'd read that they were and members had one week to renew ... for gold at least anyway.

They oversold gold memberships, which is pretty evident from the demand for Everton tickets with many Gold members missing out. As far as I know current gold members get the option to renew before they go on sale to general public. No idea of the dates.

I do agree that they oversold memberships but im not entirely sure thats what caused the everton issue. I think that was down to the fact that with it being the trophy lifting etc i think there were a lot of the lesser known sponsors and corperate people wanting extta tickets and the club maybe didnt want to upset them. Just my thoughts but i may be wrong

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I just phoned the TO

We will definitely be given the chance to renew memberships so it won't be on a first come first serve basis....if there are any memberships left over (which is unlikely) then they'll obviously be on a first come first serve basis for people who didn't have memberships last season.

The membership scheme/packages may change for next season but regardless, existing members will still be able to renew their current membership.

So you're saying Gold aren't renewable? I thought I'd read that they were and members had one week to renew ... for gold at least anyway.

there will be a renew period however gold is £130 a pop straight off the bat per adult. more chance of people not being able to afford that than £30-60 a month for a DD setup. 

there will be a renew period however gold is £130 a pop straight off the bat per adult. more chance of people not being able to afford that than £30-60 a month for a DD setup. 

Gold's £75 mate?

is it? i thought it was £100+?

i could be wrong, i know my family membership for me the mrs and daughter was over the £100 mark. 

Yeah, Family membership which is 1x Adult and 1x Child is £100, but to add another adult it'd be £130 which is what you have?

But Gold is £75 each.

Best case scenario is I get a ST for myself, my Dad and my boy (but more chance Burnley will win the Premier League next season than that happening), failing that, Family Fox for £130, failing that Gold for each of us... and failing that we'll renew our Silver membership and hope I can get one for my boy as well.

is it? i thought it was £100+?

i could be wrong, i know my family membership for me the mrs and daughter was over the £100 mark.

Gold was definately £75 last year. May go up slightly this year im not sure if that is included in the price freeze. Even if not i cant see it being much more than £100

Gold was definately £75 last year. May go up slightly this year im not sure if that is included in the price freeze. Even if not i cant see it being much more than £100

I'd be amazed if Gold goes up considering STs have been frozen again. Just won't happen, otherwise why not increase ST prices as well?

Thats what i was thinking but they just said season ticket prices had been frozen, i presume that means memberships too

Well technically it just means STs have been frozen but I think anymore than £75 for a gold membership and a price hike on membership packages for next season would be harsh. The Club's making enough money from winning the league, champs league etc. without having to extort their own supporters.

The club sold plenty more Silver Memberships when everyone was trying to get tickets. It wasn't until current members complained that they stopped selling them. Silver members were always able to buy tickets but after the club didn't put a cap on silvers it meant many silvers missed out on tickets for the final few games.

which is what will hopefully be prompting the club to realocate all the levels of memberships to current members based on points, this will stop all the touts from places like London and Manchester renewing there silver memberships then flooding in to buy tickets like last season when they were advertising them for around £350 to watch us at home to Swansea and West Ham!

which is what will hopefully be prompting the club to realocate all the levels of memberships to current members based on points, this will stop all the touts from places like London and Manchester renewing there silver memberships then flooding in to buy tickets like last season when they were advertising them for around £350 to watch us at home to Swansea and West Ham!

Read my post above. Confirmed by the Ticket Office today that existing Silver members will definitely be able to renew.

Regarding Touts..., the club should clamp down on that externally and ban them from being on sale - so any websites reselling like Ticketibis etc. the club contacts, points out that those tickets are being sold illegally and they're then removed. Why can't that happen? The club did the same with ebay tickets for the Everton game etc. and started banning STHs for reselling their tickets - so Touts should be banned as well.

The few who bought brand new memberships towards the end of the season and hadn't been in years or ever will have a minimal impact as long as the club put an overall cap on. I bet a lot will completely forget to renew!

Enough to establish from people enquiring on here that there will be a renewal period but whether it's the same structure and if it's capped are the interesting issues.

The cheapskate in me hopes the different tiers are scrapped and we just have one type of membership but I doubt it. As a silver member however if they kept the old system and I had a chance to upgrade to gold I'd probably do it.

Because I'm a mug.

Shows how thoroughly I read the thread before I go ahead and post...

Has someone from the TO told you the system will stay the same or just a strong inkling?

City was £20, Silver £40 and Gold £75 so there is absolutely no chance they'll have raised gold by £55 unless you get about 5 match tickets free that'd be completely outrageous pricing. Anyone have any ideas on dates. I'm just looking to renew but need to know when I need money for etc

Archived