Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
karlrog

New Memberships for 2016/17 - Advice needed.

I emailed Jim Donnelly a few weeks ago, and at that time the membership scheme for 2016/17 was still being discussed/evaluated, so I'd take the info on here with a pinch of salt.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome to FT

Did you have a membership for the 2015/16 season? If not then there's no chance you'll get Gold since thousands of Silver members (me and my Dad being two of them) will have first dibs at upgrading should any become available (and it wouldn't surprise me if just about every gold member renews - there will probably be a few gold memberships up for sale from people who have gone abroad/passed away etc. which will be snapped up quicker than a lizard blinks) - and then City Fox members will be looking to upgrade to Silver etc. I'm not saying don't apply for whichever membership you want but your chances are basically zero.

smr just curious did you upgrade from city fox to silver or just straight in with silver when the club decided to sell more silvers?

Anyone got any idea on membership renewals yet?  Seems crazy that we're still waiting for information.

I was going to go in the club shop and renew my Gold Membership and buy my Celtic away ticket at the same time.

Now I'm not sure if they'll be out before the Celtic game. 

This is ridiculous now, how do they expect to sort out everyone's memberships and then start selling the remaining charity shield tickets in under 5 days? What on earth are they waiting for?

I was thinking exactly the same thing. And the first home game needs to be going on sale soon as well. You can see everything being announced at the same time with the website crashing and a 2 hour wait on the phone. All made worse possibly, because half the staff are on holiday. I note Jim is away from the end of today until late July, so I hope LCFC help is ready for the meltdown.

Do you think there is going to be a change in the membership format of some kind, because as you say, the time it's taking seems weird?

I was thinking exactly the same thing. And the first home game needs to be going on sale soon as well. You can see everything being announced at the same time with the website crashing and a 2 hour wait on the phone. All made worse possibly, because half the staff are on holiday. I note Jim is away from the end of today until late July, so I hope LCFC help is ready for the meltdown.

Do you think there is going to be a change in the membership format of some kind, because as you say, the time it's taking seems weird?

There has been speculation that they will scrap the Gold, Silver, City and release tickets based on priority points accrued over the last 2 years. I hope so because then someone with a silver who has been to lots of games will get priority over a Gold member who has only been to a couple of games.

There has been speculation that they will scrap the Gold, Silver, City and release tickets based on priority points accrued over the last 2 years. I hope so because then someone with a silver who has been to lots of games will get priority over a Gold member who has only been to a couple of games.

if this happens i'm laughing however the mrs and daughter it was their first season as members...but i think you are right in what you say, it would most likely be the more favourable way of doing so. 

Definitely a better way of doing things I think, rather than just buying priority

There's going to have to be a change, there's no way they would take this long to basically say "oh yeah it's just the same as last year".

Renewals based on games attended seems likely, but that's going to take bloody ages to sort out surely? 

There's going to have to be a change, there's no way they would take this long to basically say "oh yeah it's just the same as last year".

Renewals based on games attended seems likely, but that's going to take bloody ages to sort out surely?

I don't think the renewals will be based on games attended, I think they will just be a flat membership fee then they will release home games to members in the same way they release away games based on priority points for games attended.

I don't think the renewals will be based on games attended, I think they will just be a flat membership fee then they will release home games to members in the same way they release away games based on priority points for games attended.

Please this.

I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry if they've waited until now to simply say 'same again'.

I can only imagine it's taken this long as they're working out what the priority brackets would be for a standard home game, ie assuming full away allocation taken, how many games would you need to have attended in the last season or couple of seasons to be guaranteed?

I don't think the renewals will be based on games attended, I think they will just be a flat membership fee then they will release home games to members in the same way they release away games based on priority points for games attended.

Ahh that makes more sense to be honest. Would also suit me more as I'm not bothered about the big games which no doubt would be more popular than Bournemouth and Burnley! 

Archived