Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
karlrog

New Memberships for 2016/17 - Advice needed.

There has been speculation that they will scrap the Gold, Silver, City and release tickets based on priority points accrued over the last 2 years. I hope so because then someone with a silver who has been to lots of games will get priority over a Gold member who has only been to a couple of games.

Similar to this is my gut feeling.

If you had a gold membership last season you now have 30 loyalty points, if you had silver you now have 20 loyalty points.

That suggests they will move to a flat fee membership and points based priority selling.

There has been speculation that they will scrap the Gold, Silver, City and release tickets based on priority points accrued over the last 2 years. I hope so because then someone with a silver who has been to lots of games will get priority over a Gold member who has only been to a couple of games.

yeah but if that Gold member has flown three times from Australia to attend matches during the course of the season there should be special dispensation ;)

If they go through with this plan many 'long distance' fans would likely lose out

yeah but if that Gold member has flown three times from Australia to attend matches during the course of the season there should be special dispensation ;)

If they go through with this plan many 'long distance' fans would likely lose out

It's a tough one isn't it? Everyone (myself included) seems to assume that by being a "member" that you are more or less entitled to get a ticket before they go on general sale if you want one, but the reality is that because there are more memberships than "available" tickets, this is not the case, particularly in times of high demand (like freak Premier League title tilt).

But I assume that Liverpool, Man United etc have thousands upon thousands more members than spare tickets. Maybe it is something to do with the way Leicester have "sold" the memberships - they didn't guarantee anything, that's true but there does seem to have been an implication that being able to get a ticket was a key selling point.

The whole thing needs a re think and memberships repackaged so that they are fair to all. Maybe a limit on the number of games you can buy so that everyone gets a chance ? Whichever way they carve it up it is going to be a pain in the arse!

Currently watching City is effectively a closed shop due to high demand and ground capacity. If you aren't already a STH or one of the higher membership tiers then you have virtually no chance.

Just fast forward three years to when we're back in the Championship, still paying Vardy £100,000 a week and playing to crowds of 24,000 in front of our spanking new 40,000 expanded stadium....

It's a tough one isn't it? Everyone (myself included) seems to assume that by being a "member" that you are more or less entitled to get a ticket before they go on general sale if you want one, but the reality is that because there are more memberships than "available" tickets, this is not the case, particularly in times of high demand (like freak Premier League title tilt).

But I assume that Liverpool, Man United etc have thousands upon thousands more members than spare tickets. Maybe it is something to do with the way Leicester have "sold" the memberships - they didn't guarantee anything, that's true but there does seem to have been an implication that being able to get a ticket was a key selling point.

The whole thing needs a re think and memberships repackaged so that they are fair to all. Maybe a limit on the number of games you can buy so that everyone gets a chance ? Whichever way they carve it up it is going to be a pain in the arse!

Currently watching City is effectively a closed shop due to high demand and ground capacity. If you aren't already a STH or one of the higher membership tiers then you have virtually no chance.

Just fast forward three years to when we're back in the Championship, still paying Vardy £100,000 a week and playing to crowds of 24,000 in front of our spanking new 40,000 expanded stadium....

I'll be willing that to happen just so I can get back into the stadium  :P

Realistically someone like me will never get to more than six or seven games a season, so I'd be happy to buy a membership that would allow that

If that speculation is true, lifelong fans like me who go to considerable effort and expense to get to games no matter what division we are in, can't get a ticket whereas more recent 'fair weather' fans can.

Like you say, it's a tough one

I'll be willing that to happen just so I can get back into the stadium  :P

Realistically someone like me will never get to more than six or seven games a season, so I'd be happy to buy a membership that would allow that

If that speculation is true, lifelong fans like me who go to considerable effort and expense to get to games no matter what division we are in, can't get a ticket whereas more recent 'fair weather' fans can.

Like you say, it's a tough one

I feel for people who can't get tickets. I know loads of people whose kids are begging to go and watch Leicester and it just can't happen at the moment. Trouble is the "fair weather" fan's $$$ count just the same as anybody else's.

I have a ST for me and one of my sons, but now my younger son has reached the age where he would like to come with us and can't which creates problems all of it's own in our house!

I doubt the club care that much, as long as someone buys the tickets, they're not fussed

It's not easy and whatever they do someone will feel hard done by. If they do points based on previous attendance, I hope they base it on more than last season, shouldn't be that hard. I think the last time I bought a ticket without having to give my name or a membership or client ref number was at filbert street!

Ah memories of paying £5 as a juvenile for first division games in 02/03...

It's not easy and whatever they do someone will feel hard done by. If they do points based on previous attendance, I hope they base it on more than last season, shouldn't be that hard. I think the last time I bought a ticket without having to give my name or a membership or client ref number was at filbert street!

Turn up and pay £2 on the gate. No ticket needed......those were the days!

I remember the first time I went to Leicester and couldn't get in with cash on the door.

Cambridge in the play off semi and up that point it had never even crossed my mind that I couldn't just waltz in and pay cash. I had to listen to the game on someone's car radio outside the ground that match.

Archived