Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dipak83

304 Season Tickets Available

Huh? How did they decide on which sample of fans to ask? And those not to ask? Hope they were asking the Gold and Family Fox members.

This! I never knew there was a feedback period to be heard by today!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Arguably your daughter doesn't deserve a season ticket as she hasn't made the time and effort to go to games, if as a family you ended up with 2 season tickets then you could switch between your mrs and your daughter, who would still have her membership.

It is a little perverse that some members end up paying a significant amount to go to fewer games and don't get any of the bonuses of season ticket holders.

yeah to be honest me and the mrs said that since we have my daughter every other weekend is there a point in getting her a season ticket and just keeping her a gold member but ST is £40 for her and gold membership is more expensive. 

my thinking is go for it if its offered, if its not get her a membership. only worry then is her getting a ticket that is not next to us. but i can work round it. 

yeah to be honest me and the mrs said that since we have my daughter every other weekend is there a point in getting her a season ticket and just keeping her a gold member but ST is £40 for her and gold membership is more expensive. 

my thinking is go for it if its offered, if its not get her a membership. only worry then is her getting a ticket that is not next to us. but i can work round it. 

When you have your daughter you or your mrs can sit on your own and your daughter with the other one, as long as you are in the same part of the stadium you can go in together and then split up to watch the game. 

There wasn't an official feedback period. They asked the FCC members for their comments at 6pm last night, which is absolutely fair enough. That's all I know.

My fear is that most here seem to be on the bandwagon of 'those that attended mosts games 'deserve' first priority'.

If the feedback of the 'chosen ones' reflects this it would be a shame IMO.

For those of us who don't live in Leicester but when we do come make a heck of a lot of effort to get there would no doubt miss out as we just can't get there as frequently as those who live in the city.  I even booked a hotel in Leicester today for example to ensure I get to the ground really early when they were meant to go on sale tomorrow at the published date. That cost over £100 in itself and a days lost wages.

It really ought to go to ballot. It is the only fair way. It takes the judgement out of it. Choosing who is most deserving over another is going to be a more flawed process which is going to have some kind of subjective bias attached to it. 

There wasn't an official feedback period. They asked the FCC members for their comments at 6pm last night, which is absolutely fair enough. That's all I know.

What does FCC stand for?

My fear is that most here seem to be on the bandwagon of 'those that attended mosts games 'deserve' first priority'.

For those of us who don't live in Leicester but when we do come make a heck of a lot of effort to get there would no doubt miss out as we just can't get there as frequently as those who live in the city. I even booked a hotel in Leicester today for example to ensure I get to the ground really early when they were meant to go on sale tomorrow at the published date. That cost over £100 in itself and a day's lost wages.

It really ought to go to ballot. It is the only fair way. Choosing who is most deserving is going to be a process which is going to have some kind of bias attached to it.

What does FCC stand for?

Fans' Consultative Committee. So yeah, 'chosen ones', those that applied to be on it and got selected over a year ago.

For those of us who don't live in Leicester but when we do come make a heck of a lot of effort to get there would no doubt miss out as we just can't get there as frequently as those who live in the city.  I even booked a hotel in Leicester today for example to ensure I get to the ground really early when they were meant to go on sale tomorrow at the published date. That cost over £100 in itself and a day's lost wages.

It really ought to go to ballot. It is the only fair way. Choosing who is most deserving is going to be a process which is going to have some kind of bias attached to it. 

Those that attend the most games do deserve first priority. That is not hard logic to understand surely?

If you can't get to games frequently, why do you want a season ticket?

When you have your daughter you or your mrs can sit on your own and your daughter with the other one, as long as you are in the same part of the stadium you can go in together and then split up to watch the game. 

yeah. its only mine and the mrs anxiety working overtime. 

Okay, that is fair enough. Didn't know it was FCC that was asked.

Those that attend the most games do deserve first priority. That is not hard logic to understand surely?

If you can't get to games frequently, why do you want a season ticket?

Those that live in Leicester and take minutes to get to the ground and therefore can attend more easily deserve first priority over those that live hundreds of miles away and probably can't make it to as many games? I disagree. There are so many more factors at play than such a simplistic model of decision making. Your logical model would discriminate against someone who spent a couple of months ill in hospital but otherwise attended every other game. You'd be completely ok with that?  

My circumstances have changed since last year.

Those that live in Leicester and take minutes to get to the ground and therefore can attend more easily deserve first priority over those that live hundreds of miles away and probably can't make it to as many games. I disagree.

Where you live has nothing to do with it.

I know people who travel from London, Hull and Wales to near enough every game.

These are people that have built up priority over years and therefore deserve priority.

I assume you're proposing a ballot is fairest? So on that logic, a gold member who lives 5 minutes away from the ground but has attended 3 matches all season, has as much chance as someone who has attended 90% of games but lives in Manchester?

I'm sorry, your argument doesn't make sense and is purely built around your personal situation. 

Those that live in Leicester and take minutes to get to the ground and therefore can attend more easily deserve first priority over those that live hundreds of miles away and probably can't make it to as many games? I disagree.

The club doesn't share your view, they would rather have local fans who are close to Leicester and part of the community. I'm basing this on the way they hand out incentives or gifts to fans travelling to away games, which more often than not rewards only those travelling from Leicester and/or using Fox Travel.

The club doesn't share your view, they would rather have local fans who are close to Leicester and part of the community. I'm basing this on the way they hand out incentives or gifts to fans travelling to away games, which more often than not rewards only those travelling from Leicester and/or using Fox Travel.

Next time the club do a free breakfast at the ground before an away game, send me your address and I'll post the bacon cob to you. 

Do you work for Leicester City FC? If not, you really shouldn't pretend you're speaking on their behalf. And your logic doesn't stand up. You say they reward people who travel long distances. Irony.

Unfortunately thats where your argument lets itself down because all of the away games i have been to this year we have been given the gifts etc either when the ticket is purchased i.e. the food/drink vouchers or at the ground i.e. scarves and tee shirts. So how is that encouraging local people? By the way i live a 5 minute drive from the ground

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

everyone will have their own sob story as to why they deserve a ticket. end of the day what the club say goes and if we have to jump through hoops we will. but thats it. if they say they only go to people in LE postcodes, or people with the letter Z in their name, thats what we accept. 

no point debating the smaller facts. 

for the record i think the "local" stuff is bollocks. i lived in a DE postcode for 5 years and i still went games. 

Where you live has nothing to do with it.

I know people who travel from London, Hull and Wales to near enough every game.

These are people that have built up priority over years and therefore deserve priority.

I assume you're proposing a ballot is fairest? So on that logic, a gold member who lives 5 minutes away from the ground but has attended 3 matches all season, has as much chance as someone who has attended 90% of games but lives in Manchester?

I'm sorry, your argument doesn't make sense and is purely built around your personal situation

I do propose that a ballot would be the fairest way. 

My argument does make sense, but you simply have a different point of view and are therefore privileging your position.

My argument is actually not built around my personal situation. I believe a ballot is the only logical and non-discriminatory way to go.

A position based solely on previous attendance would discriminate against someone say who had to spend a few Saturdays getting treatment for cancer, but who otherwise attended all the games they could. I offer such an extreme example purely was a way of blowing a hole in your 'those that attend the most deserve the most' position. Everyone has different circumstances. Let's not say who is most deserving over another person based on such simplest and narrow thinking. A ballot does away with all of this and has nothing to with my personal position or anyone else's.

if you were at the everton game you will know that the owners do not give a shite if its local or not, they care about who is paying money for tickets.

seriously i felt like i was at an asia cup game. 

Those that live in Leicester and take minutes to get to the ground and therefore can attend more easily deserve first priority over those that live hundreds of miles away and probably can't make it to as many games? I disagree. There are so many more factors at play than such a simplistic model of decision making. Your logical model would discriminate against someone who spent a couple of months ill in hospital but otherwise attended every other game. You'd be completely ok with that?  

If your circumstances have changed or nor, if you live next to the ground or a million miles away, it doesn't matter. Season tickets are for people that go to every game, if you have been to every game last season and paid for every game (considerably more than a season ticket) then you deserve to get a season ticket and there is no other way of doing it.

If you do a ballot there is nothing fair about it, what if @@ramboacdc (which is the manliest user name ever) gets one and his mrs doesn't? What if I get one and decide to buy it even though I can only go to about 10 games a year and then I sell on my ticket to plastic fans for profit. What if someone who bought a membership to go to the last games of the season gets one?

I do think the club can do things to make sure more fans get to games  (one would be to not sell these as season tickets, then 300 more members can go to a game) others would be one use priority codes that mean you can skip the queue for 1 game a season allowing people to actually make plans in advance knowing they are guaranteed a ticket.

Other options would be ways to build loyalty by going to cup games and less popular games.

Nobody wants going to Leicester games to become a closed shop, but if they are going to put 300  season tickets on resale then the only fair  way is to reward loyalty.

It would be nice for the club to look at history from the seasons in the championship rather than people who bought memberships just to go and watch premier league football.

That wasn't recorded in the same way, I would buy 2 tickets one for me and one for my Dad, or he would so the sale would go against his name or mine not both, for some games I bought on the door.

I also have at least 2 accounts with LCFC and my Dad had about 10 when we bought our memberships and tried to link them. Championship history is just not accessible in the same way.

It doesn't work the same unless you bought every ticket online with the same reference.

If your circumstances have changed or nor, if you live next to the ground or a million miles away, it doesn't matter. Season tickets are for people that go to every game, if you have been to every game last season and paid for every game (considerably more than a season ticket) then you deserve to get a season ticket and there is no other way of doing it.

If you do a ballot there is nothing fair about it, what if @@ramboacdc (which is the manliest user name ever) gets one and his mrs doesn't? What if I get one and decide to buy it even though I can only go to about 10 games a year and then I sell on my ticket to plastic fans for profit. What if someone who bought a membership to go to the last games of the season gets one?

I do think the club can do things to make sure more fans get to games  (one would be to not sell these as season tickets, then 300 more members can go to a game) others would be one use priority codes that mean you can skip the queue for 1 game a season allowing people to actually make plans in advance knowing they are guaranteed a ticket.

Other options would be ways to build loyalty by going to cup games and less popular games.

Nobody wants going to Leicester games to become a closed shop, but if they are going to put 300  season tickets on resale then the only fair  way is to reward loyalty.

I think most agree. The problem is how.

One person's loyalty is shown in a different way to another persons. Simply basing it on the attendance of the previous season or two is far from a perfect solution and  it brings judgment into the equation. A ballot is mathematical and takes all bias and personal circumstance out of the equation.

they could do it off postcode ballot. for arguments sake my postcode is LE67 4** (redacted obviously) and i have 3 people registered there, me, the mrs, my daughter. so that way we get offered 3. 

that or do it off home game buying off the tickets. 

Archived