Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kendal Fox

Allow me to explain, please...

Hey guys, sorry to be a pain but the video needs a few comments on the actual Youtube page. So if any of you could take the time to log in and leave a similar comment to what you have done here that would be greatly appreciated. Just needs a few comments and banter on the actual page to help gain some traction, then hopefully it will establish itself.
Thanks in advance!

I've put a comment on YT. 600+ views. Why don't you approach the BBC - Radio Leicester, BBC East Midlands and national TV. If you could get it publicized on Thai media broadcasting channels it surely would go viral. You could send a stick or DVD. Don't be reticent about it - it's good enough to promote - shamelessly.

Thanks for the suggestions - I appreciate that :)

As for the view thing, I reckon it's not too bad to be on 600 views at the start of Thursday. Hopefully that will push into 1000 by Sat morning, there's a chance that it might get onto the YT homepage if that happens. Fingers crossed!

Yes, I am going to do my best to chase things ups. Thanks for the YT comment too! I'm just happy that the song/vid has given you and others some added joy to an absolute dream season for us all!

I've put a comment on YT. 600+ views. Why don't you approach the BBC - Radio Leicester, BBC East Midlands and national TV. If you could get it publicized on Thai media broadcasting channels it surely would go viral. You could send a stick or DVD. Don't be reticent about it - it's good enough to promote - shamelessly.

The Thai media thing sounds a potentially promising avenue as well as the owners and the new found LCFC fans there, generally it seems that much of the Far East loves Rock and Heavy Metal. I don't suppose you have Vichai's mobile number?? :whistle:

I'm wondering about screenshotting your (and some of the other) comments on here and emailing them to the club in an attempt to try and lure them! Still need a few comments on the actuall vid though.

Thanks again Gerbold! :thumbup:

Just an update - I've spoken to BBC Radio Leicester and was advised to email a link of the video to their Journalist team, which I did. Not sure if they will check it out as they've probably been inundated with loads of Tom, Dick and Harry's, but we'll see. The other card I could play is that my Dad worked on Leicester Market for 11 years back in the 70's - early '80's and once or twice had a young Wayne Lineker help him set up the stall. Again, the Lineker's were well known to the market trader community so I guess that also might not be much of a big deal. I guess I could mention it, should I have to chase them up, can't harm.

Excellent!

One (very minor) point. At 4 mins, the shot of Wes & CR holding the trophy is a mirror image of the true shot.

I'll pop over to YouTube and leave a gushing comment :scarf:

Ah, that'd be great if you could leave a comment! :claudio: Thanks.

And yes, well spotted! The reason I mirror imaged them both was because it put Wes on the left side, thus blending over the previous shot of him with the bass a little cleaner.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Feel free to watch and share, sing it, whatever you want! I'd love it if people get the hookline into their heads, it's the property of the Foxes fans now! I hope! ;)

​If you have a personal connection that will always work better than going in 'cold-call'. 'The lad of a mate' is always a better intro. Good luck and don't be apologetic about demonstrating your talent

Thank you. I'll certainly mention it if I don't get a response from them fairly soon.

I'm also trying to spam the likes of Jeff, Huth, Fuchs, Vardy etc on their twitter... I feel like to such a scumbag! :unsure:

Dear Lord! Loss of innocence in the pursuit of fame - so now you're selling yourself like a street-corner hussy.

I saw a prog about young ice-skaters last night. The great skater, Robin Cousins, told one that he just wanted to show-off in front of an audience! It's innate in us to seek recognition - why do you think Vardy kept on trying to realise his potential? Part love of playing, part remuneration and a huge chunk of recognition. He should understand where you're coming from!

I get where you are coming from but the problem is (with Twitter) there are so many jokers and time wasters hounding the "celebs", "sportspeople" etc, that it puts them off from reading or checking out links that you tweet to them. I've sent several to each team member today, so we'll see. I guess they all went to Vardy's wedding yesterday so perhaps they might be more responsive tonight/tomorrow!

The thing would be if I could get someone of influence and respected by the club and players to see/hear the video, then introduce them to it.

I really appreciate your faith in the song Gerbold! It means that I managed to convey fairly successfully, what I initially intended. :)

Just to add, the video is on 740 views, so if we could get it up to about the 1000 mark by tomorrow morning/afternoon, it might start to establish itself and gradually start propagating so to speak. I'm trying to send a few links to Thai media on twitter now..

Guys, if I could make one last call to arms and if any of you could log into your YT accounts and comment and like, that would be great! Thanks.

If we can push it over the 1000 views mark, as it's still fairly early, it might kick start it generating the serious hits over the weekend. Darn it, there's been a Spurs fan on disliking! Feels like a match thread when we concede! Narcissistic sod I am :dry:

Oh, and I forgot! - The CD Baby download (link is just beneath the video on the YT page ) of the full, extended song is only $0.99 and all proceeds go to a charitable cause - That is to pay for my son's nappies and food! No pressure though.

Thanks again guys :thumbup:

Hey Everybody,

An update -

Just wanted to say thanks to all who gave my track/video a good perusing on Youtube and thanks for the feedback, hope it gave you some fun and a little joy to listen to, as it did for me to write and record. If anybody hasn't seen it and wants to, please see my previous thread titled - "Allow me to explain, please..."

Feel free to give it a revisiting why don't you?! ;) Be great if it could get a few hits over this bank holiday weekend.

Currently, and, at the suggestion of Gerbold (thanks mate), I've contacted BBC East Midlands, and BBC Radio Leicester but, as you can imagine, they're a pretty curt bunch over the phone so, after emailing them the song link, I have no way of knowing whether they will even watch/listen to the thing! No doubt they're inundated and jaded by the influx of well meaning but probably fairly bland peddlers out there, so I do take that consideration into account. We'll see.

Anyway, hope the long weekend is a good one for you all and of course, should anything of note happen, I will give an update...

Cheers :)

I'm really pleased for you but this is the third thread you've started about your video, you're milking it a bit. Can we make this the last please?

lol...ban him Webbo!!

I'm really pleased for you but this is the third thread you've started about your video, you're milking it a bit. Can we make this the last please?

I'm just gonna merge it. New thread doesn't offer anything new that can't go in the original thread

4th I believe. 

Eek. Sorry about that. Perhaps there has been a misunderstanding (on my part more than most) and I made a point of thanking everyone who checked it out.

Apologies if I've flooded the channels somewhat. Point taken.

4th I believe. 

Ah, I didn't think that initial one counted as I'd gotten no responses.

But alas, I will refrain from posting anymore threads about the song.

Just to add as a postscript - I wrote the melody and some of the words 8 years ago when we got relegated to the 3rd tier, I'm definitely first and foremost a fan. Didn't mean to get carried away like I did. Sorry again.

Archived