Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Celtic away (ICC cup) 5.30pm on Saturday 23rd of July

3 hours ago, MORGAN said:

The coaches are leaving at 9 so what time should I be there? 8.30 enough? I'm asking as I never went away in coach. Always by car.

Should be OK at 8.30 I should leave enough time to get parked if you are leaving your car at the ground. Enjoy it I shall be on the train by then having some beers no beers allowed on the coach. Not sure how many coaches are going though.

11 minutes ago, MORGAN said:

I know no beers on coach. :(I will enjoy beers on my way to Stockholm watching Barca v LEICESTER ;-) 

So will I and hopefully in the main square of Stockholm on the day of the game.

On 18 July 2016 at 19:19, Percy Thrower said:

Would anyone be interested in a match ticket & return flight package from London Luton?

I've had to change my plans due to work commitments. 

Match ticket is: East Stand Lower Block 115 Row GG

Face value: £20

Flight is: 

Outbound: 
Sat 23rd July - London Luton 09:20  > Glasgow 10:35
EZY69

Return: 
Sunday 24th July - Glasgow 12:15 > London Luton 13:25
EZY74

Cost £65.98 return (price as it cost me back in March) plus you pay the Easyjet name change fee. 

The above flight is now up at £156 return so a significant saving to be had.

Pm me if interested. 

Mods please move this if need be. 

Last chance to dance! 

I will sell this return flight on for £45 & the match ticket for £15 to get some money back. 

If if not both of these look like they will be going unused. 

Any idea on how many fans are travelling up for the game?

Looks like the bottom tier is close to sold out so the attendance tomorrow night will be around 30,000. Disappointing if I'm being honest as I thought more of our fans would have had an interest in the game but I think it's really just down to us already having played at home twice this week!

I would have thought anywhere between 2000 and 3000, which I would have thought is not too bad especially with it being televised live on Sky also some are saving up for the community shield and we are taking some to Stockholm as well for the Barca friendly.

Just checking train times, there is a train every 8 minutes from Glasgow central to dalmarnock (5 minute walk from Celtic park) journey takes 7 minutes. So we will definately be drinking in the city first. 

2-3000 travelling that far for a pre season friendly is frankly amazing. It's a nothing game but we are taking an away following for a Premier league game all the way to Scotland, with a Wembley gig only a couple of weeks away.

Summer jolly time too.

Fantastic turn out. Can't wait. ;)

1 hour ago, Ramsay said:

Just checking train times, there is a train every 8 minutes from Glasgow central to dalmarnock (5 minute walk from Celtic park) journey takes 7 minutes. So we will definately be drinking in the city first. 

I would definitely recommend the city centre rather than out near Celtic Park. It's not a great area and there are limited pubs which are not great.

Dalmarnock station is literally 5mins walk from the stadium and avoids going through some dodgy areas.

50 minutes ago, baker11 said:

Looks to be some good ones on Sauchiehall Street.

Sauchiehall Street has quite a few bars although it's more of a student area and livelier at night than during the day.

Few larger pubs near central station that away fans usually go to are the Horsehoe Bar, The Crystal Palace, Hootenannys, The Counting House.

O'Neills in merchant square always popular as well due to its size.

I'd recommend doing the usual away fan practice and using Merchant Square for before the game. 

If you want something in the centre of Glasgow then The Counting House is a great cheap option too.

Just to be safe and avoid any possible conflict (although I don't see anything happening) I would recommend staying away from designated team pubs such as the Louden near the stadium.

56 minutes ago, LeicesterCeltic said:

I'd recommend doing the usual away fan practice and using Merchant Square for before the game. 

If you want something in the centre of Glasgow then The Counting House is a great cheap option too.

Just to be safe and avoid any possible conflict (although I don't see anything happening) I would recommend staying away from designated team pubs such as the Louden near the stadium.

Did you take that photo that's your display picture mate? Where did you find them? 

Looking for 2 tickets for this game, i can't buy from the club now because I've left it too late and as I'm travelling from Shropshire I wouldn't be able to pick them up from the club, so was wondering wether anyone that is going has a spare pair of tickets I could collect in Glasgow. Cheers

15 hours ago, LeicesterCeltic said:

Woah go easy Pal, I was branded a bigot on here, for suggesting the area around the ground wasn't the safest!:blink:

Archived