Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FIFA 17

The only thing that makes me laugh about FIFA and FUT is the fact that they do bow down to the "big" clubs, for instance Manchester United: Hardly any of their key players ever gets a downgrade - in fact, despite getting older and past the 30-year mark (or even past that!), Ibrahimovic has gained a +1 rating and Rooney (supposedly) still holds an 86! lol

Similar case with John Terry, who magically got an 85-rated card at age 33.

Sometimes, I think EA Sports are so closely connected to the bigger clubs that all impartiality is thrown out of the window when it comes to appeasing the superstars or clubs for marketing reasons: Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atlético, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Juventus and PSG (which occupy 95% of the 50 best players in the what I assume to be most popular mode of them all).

13 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Rated lower in Seasons. 

Not what it says on that page...

Based on their performances over the last 365 days in league and cup competitions, these are the 50 top-rated players in FIFA 17 and FIFA 17 Ultimate Team™. 

31 minutes ago, stu said:

Not what it says on that page...

Based on their performances over the last 365 days in league and cup competitions, these are the 50 top-rated players in FIFA 17 and FIFA 17 Ultimate Team™. 

I know what you're saying but that doesn't mean that Payet automatically gets an 86 in seasons, too.

10 hours ago, Ashley said:

I forgot FUT is the only game platform that mattered too. Payet is not an 86 rated player where did you get that from? 

It's not that the others 'don't matter' but Ultimate Team is (by far) the most played game mode.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

It's not that the others 'don't matter' but Ultimate Team is (by far) the most played game mode.

Prefer Seasons. FUT is a lot more faster then Seasons. I do like FUT but you get all the sweaty kids who use mum and dads cards to get the best teams or buy coins.. 

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Prefer Seasons. FUT is a lot more faster then Seasons. I do like FUT but you get all the sweaty kids who use mum and dads cards to get the best teams or buy coins.. 

Great, that's your opinion.

But the majority of players play Ultimate Team and as the ratings are so naff it's difficult not to be annoyed.

If, as you say, Mahrez is an 81 then that's still so low. Dele Alli is rated 80.

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Great, that's your opinion.

But the majority of players play Ultimate Team and as the ratings are so naff it's difficult not to be annoyed.

If, as you say, Mahrez is an 81 then that's still so low. Dele Alli is rated 80.

What attributes does he need to be upped in?

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

What attributes does he need to be upped in?

Like I said earlier, Ashley, by the standards of the rest of the game? Probably everything.

I think your ratings of most Leicester players are fairly fair as stand alones.

But the fact that the average FIFA editor seems to not bother moderating their bias on any level makes our ratings look skewed.

Your point, for example, that Riyad doesn't actually DO four and five star skill moves is completely fair. Actually he barely does many skill moves at all, no footballer actually really does many ever. Riyad just ghosts past people with close control and a turn of pace.

But if he played for Arsenal he'd probably be five or six pace faster and have five star skills just because. 

When you look at some of the players that have four and five star skill it's laughable. Most editors seem to hand them out to anyone agile with good dribbling and pace.

Pogba has 5* skills in Fifa 17.

I think 4 is fair for Mahrez but like Finny says. Nobody actually uses that many skills in a game bar the likes of Lee Trundle or Ronaldinho.

Although I personally think the whole system needs revamping. It's a bit archaic IMO and they should implement a new system that means you need good dribbling and ball control stats to be able to turn off tighter turns/quicker flicks.

I farking hate the skill system for what it's worth.

FIFA isn't the most realistic simulator ever but even so, nothing ruins what immersion I do have more than some tween with ADHD spamming roulettes with some 95 agility / acceleration dwarf from the wing in to my penalty area.

Ugh.

I'd implement a cool down system or a diminishing returns system (where a skill gets harder to execute the more you try to chain together.)

But given there are more "skillers" than miserable old cvnts like me on YouTube I don't see it happening.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Like I said earlier, Ashley, by the standards of the rest of the game? Probably everything.

I think your ratings of most Leicester players are fairly fair as stand alones.

But the fact that the average FIFA editor seems to not bother moderating their bias on any level makes our ratings look skewed.

Your point, for example, that Riyad doesn't actually DO four and five star skill moves is completely fair. Actually he barely does many skill moves at all, no footballer actually really does many ever. Riyad just ghosts past people with close control and a turn of pace.

But if he played for Arsenal he'd probably be five or six pace faster and have five star skills just because. 

When you look at some of the players that have four and five star skill it's laughable. Most editors seem to hand them out to anyone agile with good dribbling and pace.

Exactly this! His rating would be fair if we didn't know any other player ratings, but when you compare it to other players and teams stats Mahrez should comfortably be an 83/84 player. It's all well and good saying ignore overalls, but they are the main stat in how a player is rated, surely?

2 hours ago, dominicmsb said:

I'm pretty sure FUT and CM have the same ratings at the start of the game's life.

I thought so too, although on the BETA, my Mahrez was definitely 83 OVR, hence my original post a few pages back about his low rating.

If his rating is 85 then I am happy with that, it's a very fair rating.

8 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I thought so too, although on the BETA, my Mahrez was definitely 83 OVR, hence my original post a few pages back about his low rating.

If his rating is 85 then I am happy with that, it's a very fair rating.

You could get him to a 90 rated player on CM now! :)

Archived