Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FIFA 17

I think Ash's ratings we're spot on at the start of last season (Obviously they started to look a bit off as we got better and better, but thats down to us being a freak of nature more than anything). 

I think Mahrez being 4 star skill was spot on when it FINALLY happened... don't quite know how he's managed to get up to 5 star skill now though, thats obviously come from above Ash. 

Looking forward to career mode more than ever next year. Huge career mode geek me.  

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 15:59, Aleksz said:

I think Ash's ratings we're spot on at the start of last season (Obviously they started to look a bit off as we got better and better, but thats down to us being a freak of nature more than anything). 

I think Mahrez being 4 star skill was spot on when it FINALLY happened... don't quite know how he's managed to get up to 5 star skill now though, thats obviously come from above Ash. 

Looking forward to career mode more than ever next year. Huge career mode geek me.  

No way were they spot on. We smashed the Championship and still our players were rated as average Championship players in 15. We then finish 14th and clearly showed we were a decent team and the newly promoted teams were better than us in 16. Even if we see an average upgrade of 5, we'll still be underrated. The first team players might get some attention but guys like King, Gray, Ulloa, Schlupp, Was etc. should be higher. King being 70?! An average championship midfielder despite proving that he was a lot better than that 5 years ago. Seriously need a massive overhaul.

Stamina for most players has to be 80+ also.

11 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Don't go on Overalls go on individual attributes and they'll be rated about right. 

I appreciate you get a lot of bashing in this thread and I understand that it's not all down to you but if I pick King as an example; Short Passing 73, Long Passing 70, Finishing 70, Stamina 69, Longshots 74, All his defensive stats below 65, Interceptions 57, Positioning 72. All stats that should be a LOT higher.

I mean Ulloa has 74?! That's probably the only bit of his game that everyone would agree is decent.

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

If anyone does apply you'll see how hard it is then laugh at this thread when you see people having a go and constant sly digs. Not as easy as you may think.

No one will be doing it till you give it up anyway surely?

4 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

No one will be doing it till you give it up anyway surely?

Loads of editors with talent scout all do different things worth going for if anyone fancies it on here.

I suppose this could go in either the 16 or 17 threads. It's a general FIFA question.

Help me out, here, am I the only person that struggles to retain possession from non attacking free kicks? It seems like every version I've ever played has the same, crude rough, "aim in that direction and hope that's the player the computer picks out" mechanic.

I can pull a player in for the short, aim the stick right at him, gently tap the pass button and it'll still go straight for someone on my team that's inevitably marked by Aubamayang.

I need to add, I'm bad at FIFA, I make a lot of newbie mistakes, so I'm probably doing something wrong. Advice is welcome.

But it really is a bit of a shit system. Can't you force out of the standard free kick camera to take longer free kicks.

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I suppose this could go in either the 16 or 17 threads. It's a general FIFA question.

Help me out, here, am I the only person that struggles to retain possession from non attacking free kicks? It seems like every version I've ever played has the same, crude rough, "aim in that direction and hope that's the player the computer picks out" mechanic.

I can pull a player in for the short, aim the stick right at him, gently tap the pass button and it'll still go straight for someone on my team that's inevitably marked by Aubamayang.

I need to add, I'm bad at FIFA, I make a lot of newbie mistakes, so I'm probably doing something wrong. Advice is welcome.

But it really is a bit of a shit system. Can't you force out of the standard free kick camera to take longer free kicks.

Numerous things you can do really, get it taken very quick is normally the answer.

But I find a reasonably softish long pass dink into a midfielder or striker normally works.

That said I've sat FIFA out this year so it's been awhile 

10 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

For christ sake, get red cards added online for keepers. Drives me ****ing mad getting wiped out and the keeper only getting yellow.

But on the flip side does it not also drive you mad when your AI keeper comes charging out and you're like WTF NO stay back you idiot and then he clears out the attacker? You'd be fuming if he then got sent off for the AI's actions

Archived