Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FIFA 17

31 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Tesco have a 2 for £80 deal on pre orders that includes FIFA, Call of Duty and many others, but if you use the code TDX-KTRP you can get £10 off, making it £35 each :)

http://www.tesco.com/direct/gaming/pre-orders-games/cat15940025.cat?&icid=technologygaming_flyoutlink_Preorders

This include the ultimate edition?

So, I managed to play a fair bit of the beta and have to say I'm massively disappointed. Basically feels like the same game. The new elements shown off don't real dazzle or stand out. I suspect the demo will be fairly different as it was like that for the 15 beta. The AI seems a little better and the keepers are generally improved but dribbling was still poor (even worse actually) and it was just a hectic pace. Even if people dislike a new version, I think that's largely because it feels like a new game. Didn't get that here. Possibly the first FIFA in 10 years that I may not get at launch.

On the ratings; they've tweaked slightly so everybody jumped up 1 overall even with the same individual attributes. LM/RM went up by 2 and some goalkeepers 4/5. We're not into the top 20 players on that list so safe to say we have no players in the top 50. In fairness,  Spade face Kane is only 84 after the past 2 seasons so shouldn't expect much. Still hoping for a big bump in our ratings.

On 30/08/2016 at 21:46, dmayne7 said:

So, I managed to play a fair bit of the beta and have to say I'm massively disappointed. Basically feels like the same game. The new elements shown off don't real dazzle or stand out. I suspect the demo will be fairly different as it was like that for the 15 beta. The AI seems a little better and the keepers are generally improved but dribbling was still poor (even worse actually) and it was just a hectic pace. Even if people dislike a new version, I think that's largely because it feels like a new game. Didn't get that here. Possibly the first FIFA in 10 years that I may not get at launch.

On the ratings; they've tweaked slightly so everybody jumped up 1 overall even with the same individual attributes. LM/RM went up by 2 and some goalkeepers 4/5. We're not into the top 20 players on that list so safe to say we have no players in the top 50. In fairness,  Spade face Kane is only 84 after the past 2 seasons so shouldn't expect much. Still hoping for a big bump in our ratings.

I'm shocked! :o

Just seen the Top 50 player's. Couldn't believe it when I saw Payet make the cut but no Mahrez.  

What have the club done to get on the wrong side of EA? Thought it was odd that the UK version doesn't feature a cover pic of a player from the Champions, but now this is getting silly. No doubt we'll still be a 3 1/2 star team, with mid to lower table player ratings. 

So then Ashley, instead of saying "tell me why Mahrez should be better then" can you tell us why Payet is better than Mahrez? :dunno:

I mean we all watched the same Premier League season - if there are strict rules how has the West Ham editor been successful in having it approved? Cos the rules surely wouldn't facilitate Mahrez being lower than Payet

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Email EA or join the team with any problems. Links a few pages back.

Stop making out like you're trying to prove string theory.

I understand that you don't necessarily deserve some of the comments that maybe I and others have made in the past, but it's seemingly obvious to me that the guys who are rating other teams are aiming higher with their ratings when submitting them to EA, knowing they will be knocked down abit. I understand why you try and make them as realistic as possible but if nobody else is doing it, and getting away with it, then for me, you need to play the game. 

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

1 minute ago, Harry96 said:

Tbf payets done it consistently over a number of season but mahrez should be at least 84/85 IMO 

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner.

Also Stix I like your philosophy :)

Mahrez will probably be upgraded should he do it consistently. 81 isn't a bad rating at all. 

FIFA's like a less discrete England national side. It's based on marketability rather than quality. Leicester could have a player of Messi's level and he'd do well to be above 80. Mahrez shows last season's form for Man Utd he's at least a 90. It's a con of a game and way behind where it should be.

7 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

FIFA's like a less discrete England national side. It's based on marketability rather than quality. Leicester could have a player of Messi's level and he'd do well to be above 80. Mahrez shows last season's form for Man Utd he's at least a 90. It's a con of a game and way behind where it should be.

Yep. This is the reason IMO.

I think all of the fans of it are fed up of it too. JUst seems a really daft way of going about it and I think it patronises people.

It's like they think their target market is my Mum. "Is David Beckham still England captain". "Did Manchester United win the World Cup"... that sort of thing.

17 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Ironically its not really aimed at football fans anymore. It's aimed at like, arsenals fans on Twitter, those kind of people. 

We're calling them people now?

It's a game that's released yearly though, so should ratings be based over the past year only? I don't think so, but at the same time our players should be a tad higher.

If Payet has been brilliant for a number of seasons, then why was he only rated 81 on Fifa 16? So he has another successful season and that warrents at +5 jump from 81 to 86?

I don't mean to have a go at anyone on here who makes the ratings, but when the PFA player of the year is rated low 80s and Jesse Lingard is rated 79, questions are going to be asked.

3 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Ironically its not really aimed at football fans anymore. It's aimed at like, arsenals fans on Twitter, those kind of people. 

That's a better description. It's aimed at Arsenal fans. @GoonerAlexis and that.

Archived