Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LcFc_Smiv

Non-League Football 2016/17

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, baker11 said:

Whats Leicester Road's support like? 

Most stayed loyal to Hinckley and are with AFC?

Leicester Rd average 79 and AFC average 198 this season. 

Its fair to say I think AFC's chance in the league has gone now with them losing to Bromsgrove and Atherstone.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Leicester Rd average 79 and AFC average 198 this season. 

Its fair to say I think AFC's chance in the league has gone now with them losing to Bromsgrove and Atherstone.

Thank you. Do you know what Hinckley United were getting say 5,10 and 15 years ago?

Id imagine the support may have dipped with our success. 

1 hour ago, baker11 said:

Thank you. Do you know what Hinckley United were getting say 5,10 and 15 years ago?

Id imagine the support may have dipped with our success. 

2012 - 476 - finished 20th out of 22 in Conference North (lowest crowd was 330) 

2007 - 754 - finished 4th in Conference North, famously they were a few minutes away from the Conference 

2002 - 447 - playing in Southern Premier at Middlefield Lane 

I should imagine the figures have dropped partly because of the split, City's success but also where the ground is. I still find it a bit baffling they didn't agree a ground share with Barwell. 

It might sound a bit cliche but the recent moves of City's games for TV as saw me watch a lot of non league football. I can quite easily see myself getting involved with a non league club somewhere helping out as I get older than keeping spending money on city.

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

2012 - 476 - finished 20th out of 22 in Conference North (lowest crowd was 330) 

2007 - 754 - finished 4th in Conference North, famously they were a few minutes away from the Conference 

2002 - 447 - playing in Southern Premier at Middlefield Lane 

I should imagine the figures have dropped partly because of the split, City's success but also where the ground is. I still find it a bit baffling they didn't agree a ground share with Barwell. 

It might sound a bit cliche but the recent moves of City's games for TV as saw me watch a lot of non league football. I can quite easily see myself getting involved with a non league club somewhere helping out as I get older than keeping spending money on city.

Thank you for this.

I feel similar about getting more and more into Non League. 

The price, increasing sanitisation of football culture and lack of atmosphere is pushing more closer to packing it in. I can see me with 2 or 3 years left.

Trips to Germany with  Bochum highlight how poor English football atmosphere is and the culture to bilittle those who try and tackle this is pathetic.

When Sheffield FC move back to Sheffield from Dronfield I can see myself going along there.

18 hours ago, isaidno said:

I went to Solihull vs Lincoln tonight. 1600 there with 1100 from Lincoln . Solihull's ground is awful, no way up to national league standards.

My dad went there a few months ago, said it was the most difficult football ground to find. As you say it looks a very poor ground.

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

My dad went there a few months ago, said it was the most difficult football ground to find. As you say it looks a very poor ground.

It's next to the Land Rover factory. No shops, houses pubs anywhere near the place. 30 minute que to get in.

On 01/02/2017 at 18:00, isaidno said:

It's next to the Land Rover factory. No shops, houses pubs anywhere near the place. 30 minute que to get in.

You hear the factory working away, it's quite eerie. The irony is that Solihull Moors is the merge of two clubs, the Moors part was Moor Green Rovers who had an enclosed

ground in the centre of Brum. It's nowhere near Solihull their ground which is a shame because Solihull would a decent place for a non league club 

Maidstone sinking fast and probably end up going down. Shame as the league insisted they do both their pitch and improve the ground in the first year they've been up. North Ferriby have not bothered and so will be automatically relegated. Maidstone have a mammoth (for them) new stand and flash new pitch, but no money to spend on players. They only train twice a week.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Martin Allen sacked by the Spitfires. He's been absolute garbage there

What a daft decision that was leaving Barnet.

This post on the Woking forum re Eastleigh is a good read:

http://www.cardsboard.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4872&sid=9a83dc7158152bb81bbd8bcdc57f9d0e

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

What a daft decision that was leaving Barnet.

This post on the Woking forum re Eastleigh is a good read:

http://www.cardsboard.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4872&sid=9a83dc7158152bb81bbd8bcdc57f9d0e

Not that daft, Eastleigh have finances befitting a league club and were already knocking on the door of the play-offs/promotion before Allen took over. They were ready made to make a good charge. Instead, he bought no end of players over from barnet, none of them were any good - and sold players that Eastleigh fans genuinely liked.  Not one home win under his reign.

He's crap.

Richard Hill reinstated as DoF working with a few player-managers for the time being.

So the Sutton back up keeper Wayne Shaw was sacked/resigned this week after "piegate" leaving them with no back up keeper.

The 1st choice Sutton keeper has only gone of injured :crylaugh:

Mind you not sure how great a keeper Wayne Shaw would have been anyway lol

Archived