Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
agilis07

Tickets for Oz traveller born in Leic

My wife is wanting to treat me to tickets for the City home game v Bournemouth May 21st, and wants to fly us over especially.

Our problem is that as any tickets are only available to buy 8 weeks before a game, realistically what are the chances of getting tickets ?

Is there any other way of getting tickets earlier?

I haven't seen City play live since 1969.

Obviously it would be a real pain if we booked time off from work and paid for flights, only to miss out on game tickets.

Please, any constructive comments would be appreciated.

Thanks from a lifetime City suppoter in Australia.

You might have a chance if we're crap this season lol There's often people on this forum that can sort tickets out if, for example, they have a membership but cannot make that particular game. You might be in luck on that aspect.

PS. The fixture date will most likely change, they all tend to

If you wanted to pay extra you could consider contacting the club regarding corporate seats or a hospitality package for the game

You might have a chance if we're crap this season lol There's often people on this forum that can sort tickets out if, for example, they have a membership but cannot make that particular game. You might be in luck on that aspect.

PS. The fixture date will most likely change, they all tend to

If you wanted to pay extra you could consider contacting the club regarding corporate seats or a hospitality package for the game

last game of the season, won't it always be Sunday 3pm?

I can guarantee you the club wont do you any favors as i found out 2 seasons ago. they told me to buy a membership so i could get first dibs at the ticket allocation for the 1 game vs Burnley i could make it to.

My wife is wanting to treat me to tickets for the City home game v Bournemouth May 21st, and wants to fly us over especially.

Our problem is that as any tickets are only available to buy 8 weeks before a game, realistically what are the chances of getting tickets ?

Obviously it would be a real pain if we booked time off from work and paid for flights, only to miss out on game tickets.

Hospitality will sell them to you now

I can guarantee you the club wont do you any favors as i found out 2 seasons ago. they told me to buy a membership so i could get first dibs at the ticket allocation for the 1 game vs Burnley i could make it to.

With all due respect why should the club do you favours, there are fans here who can't get tickets, bending over to help someone on a one off is opening a whole can of worms.

If you want a ticket badly enough you will get one, like that bloke who stood outside the ground with a board at the Everton game, he got his ticket.

My advice would be to avoid big opponents and the last game of the season to have a better chance of tickets.

If your trip is entirely for the football could you make it over for something like Hull in March?  Or we play Stoke and Sunderland at home within three days at the start of April so if you were around for both of those it would give you a better chance I guess.

As others have said, if we're doing well, on the scale of the last season or similar it will be tricky for the big games I've mentioned. If we're not you'll pick one up easy enough.

I'm not being rude but why should they?

I just had a feeling that if someone traveling from the other side of the world wanted 1 ticket (which i wasn't after for free) they would be a bit more accommodating. It was against Burnley at home so hardly a blockbuster but all i wanted was the reassurance i could get a ticket so i  could fit it into my travel schedule. To be flogged a membership for a one off event was a bit steep i thought. Sure i paid it but they didn't get any nice feedback given like i would have had they done a international supporter a favor. I really didn't think it was to much to ask for in the grand scheme of things "Hey i'm coming over from Australia, happy to pay whatever a ticket is, can you help me out and get me one anywhere without charging 30 pounds extra" if they were a bit more accommodating who knows, i might have gone in a better mindset and spent loads in the club shop/food. instead i went into the game feeling "slighty" ripped off. you may thing im being unreasonable but the little things go a long way sometimes  

I just had a feeling that if someone traveling from the other side of the world wanted 1 ticket (which i wasn't after for free) they would be a bit more accommodating. It was against Burnley at home so hardly a blockbuster but all i wanted was the reassurance i could get a ticket so i could fit it into my travel schedule. To be flogged a membership for a one off event was a bit steep i thought. Sure i paid it but they didn't get any nice feedback given like i would have had they done a international supporter a favor. I really didn't think it was to much to ask for in the grand scheme of things "Hey i'm coming over from Australia, happy to pay whatever a ticket is, can you help me out and get me one anywhere without charging 30 pounds extra" if they were a bit more accommodating who knows, i might have gone in a better mindset and spent loads in the club shop/food. instead i went into the game feeling "slighty" ripped off. you may thing im being unreasonable but the little things go a long way sometimes

The club won't bend the rules as if they do it for one person for that reason I would hazard a guess they would be inundated. Your best bet is on here.

They did for the 100's of Thais :yesyes:

You recon its fair that our incredibly generous owners who have treated our fans so well to give a few free tickets to their friends and family? Or do you seriously believe a group of random Thais rang up and because of their nationality they got an exeption?

You recon its fair that our incredibly generous owners who have treated our fans so well to give a few free tickets to their friends and family? Or do you seriously believe a group of random Thais rang up and because of their nationality they got an exeption?

I recon our owners treated our fans abysmally for the Everton game, and what's with the "few" tickets :rolleyes: and as for "Or do you seriously believe a group of random Thais rang up and because of their nationality they got an exeption?" lol 

I recon our owners treated our fans abysmally for the Everton game, and what's with the "few" tickets :rolleyes: and as for "Or do you seriously believe a group of random Thais rang up and because of their nationality they got an exeption?" lol 

Serious question, forums are a place to debate points so if your response to a genuine question is "lol" I'm not sure what you get out of this place.

Clearly it lacked transparency and if I was on the other end of it I would be fuming but then again I wasn't on the end of it as I go week in, week out home and away.

Serious question, forums are a place to debate points so if your response to a genuine question is "lol" I'm not sure what you get out of this place.

Clearly it lacked transparency and if I was on the other end of it I would be fuming but then again I wasn't on the end of it as I go week in, week out home and away.

So do I :P

I "lol" because it was such a stupid thing you said(in my opinion).

So do I :P

I "lol" because it was such a stupid thing you said(in my opinion).

That stupid you couldn't think of a reply.

I think its a valid reply to the original post, these Thai supporters aren't tourists who came over and the club gave them a ticket out of their good will. They have a connection to our club through the owners.

That stupid you couldn't think of a reply.

I think its a valid reply to the original post, these Thai supporters aren't tourists who came over and the club gave them a ticket out of their good will. They have a connection to our club through the owners.

Where's your prove?

They knew nothing about football, and the owners ripped Leicester fans off to give them tickets.

So you know fcuk all then, you come across as a sandwich short of a picnic, so yes you best leave it there lol

where's your proof that they were just tourists and know nothing about football? Did you interview all of them? Give them a little Leicester City quiz?

Archived