Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

2016/17 League 1 and League 2

34 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Maybe a good job for Nigel Pearson. 

Yeah, good shout. Robinson was there for 5+ years, he was allowed to build them up. And that's including a few play off defeats.

Newcastle's former right-back/centre-back Ryan Taylor has signed for Port Vale on a free transfer.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37751154

The Vale seem to do surprisingly well, given the lack of funds in recent years. Their chairman Smurthwaite comes across as a bit irritating with regards to his relationship with the club, though.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, David Guiza said:

I saw Cov fans pleading that Red Bull took them over. They'd still manage to finish outside the top 6 for a further 40 odd years though. 

They've been critical of the way we've progressed under our rich owners but we all know they'd want the same, as shown in your post.

The Tim Sherwood effect is in full swing again.

Was watching the Swindon v Charlton game earlier, Sherwood has been announced as director of football at Swindon this week, within the first 12 minutes they must have cut from the game to find him sat in the stands 4 or 5 times. I'm watching Soccer Saturday now and it's Tim Sherwood, Director of football getting all the credit for the 3-0 win today, really?!

Sheff Utd are shite. I know it's only 30 minutes in, they could comeback, but they're a team I always look at and think they should win, or a team I look at at the start of a season and think they should come up, never happens.

I think the rot has set in and they'll forever be a League One club now, they've been down there too long.

Hopefully as Worthington is alluding to Ched Evans scores a few, a massive middle finger up to Sheff Utd, Jessica Ennis-Hill and Charlie Webster.

46 minutes ago, Matt said:

Sheff Utd are shite. I know it's only 30 minutes in, they could comeback, but they're a team I always look at and think they should win, or a team I look at at the start of a season and think they should come up, never happens.

I think the rot has set in and they'll forever be a League One club now, they've been down there too long.

Hopefully as Worthington is alluding to Ched Evans scores a few, a massive middle finger up to Sheff Utd, Jessica Ennis-Hill and Charlie Webster.

They'll go up this season. Wilder knows what he's doing.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Did you enjoy the 2nd half? ;)

7 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Did you enjoy the 2nd half? ;)

Turned over to the F1, I knew Sheff Utd would come back to win when a) I cashed a bet out and b) Made my comments.

I still stand by the my point's that they've been underachieving and bottling for the last few years and fully expect it to continue, the fact they've beat bottom of the league doesn't change my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Turned over to the F1, I knew Sheff Utd would come back to win when a) I cashed a bet out and b) Made my comments.

I still stand by the my point's that they've been underachieving and bottling for the last few years and fully expect it to continue, the fact they've beat bottom of the league doesn't change my opinion.

Only reason I always know how they're doing is because my boss(es) are from there.

20 hours ago, Matt said:

I'll stand by my post, they'll go up. Wilder is the type of manager they've needed - he's a bit like Pearson was for us. Looks like he takes no shit. Must have got into them at half time. 

Don't know how close you follow this league, but Sheffield United are about 12 games unbeaten now so it's more than just beating a side bottom of the league.

I know a lot of Blades fans and they all seem to be optimistic now. And rightly so. About time they come back up.

Archived