Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

2016/17 League 1 and League 2

John Sheridan had an absolute meltdown at Notts County. Gave the officials so much abuse.

The Telegraph revealed this week that the FA has appointed a new employee dedicated to relaunching the Respect campaign, while more than 800 referees in grassroots football are planning a strike in protest at the verbal and physical abuse they have suffered.

John Sheridan

Ilderton's report says: “In the 55th minute fourth official Matthew Donohue informed me that Notts County manager John Sheridan should be removed from the technical area for his behaviour towards himself. I then asked Mr Sheridan to leave the technical area, and take a place in the stands. Mr Sheridan then said to me 'You're a f****** disgrace, you're f****** useless, you've not f****** got anything right today, you should be f****** ashamed, you're f****** shit, my kids aren't going to get any f****** Christmas presents because of f****** you. Mr Sheridan then took his place in the stands for the rest of the game.”

“I approached them to tell them they needed to remain in their technical area. Mr Sheridan then shouted directly into my face, 'You're a f****** c***.  I then called across referee Eddie Ilderton, who dismissed Mr Sheridan from the technical area. On leaving the technical area, Mr Sheridan approached me again, shouting directly at me, 'You really are a c***. I'm gonna knock you out you c***.”

• 2 weeks later...

Coventry hoping to sign former Everton striker Yakubu.

Coventry manager Russell Slade has confirmed the struggling Sky Bet League One club are hoping to sign former Everton striker Yakubu.

The 34-year-old has returned to England following a spell in the Turkish Super Lig side Kayserispor.

Yakubu has also played for Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, Leicester, Blackburn and most recently Reading in English football.

Slade is hoping the player will provide a stimulus for the Sky Blues, who are bottom of League One and seven points from safety.

Coventry are likely to offer Yakubu a short-term contract if he can prove his fitness over the next few days.

"He's going to spend some time with us and we'll see how he gets on. He's made a big impression, he's a nice fella and he's been welcomed by the team," said Slade.

"He's been away in Turkey, that was his last football club. He's back over in England now and wants to get back playing as quickly as he can.

"I don't think we're a million miles away but sometimes just to find those extra few inches to bridge that gap.

"You know one player can do that to find that spark for you to get you some momentum going forward and that's what we're looking for. That's what we desperately need."

Slade has revealed Coventry will also look at a couple of other experienced free agents to potentially sign as he looks to boost the club's survival chances.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11710/10758660/coventry-hoping-to-sign-former-everton-striker-yakubu

Wow, how the mighty have fallen.

Can't believe Cov fans are getting all this excited, there wrong bottom of league one in a final of a tinpot cup. Of course going to wembley is something special but what would rather have? a trip to wembley winning the tinpot cup or staying in league one?. Looking over the forums last two days, on saturday they were calling the squad utter garbage, suddenly they've become hero's! 

7 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Can't believe Cov fans are getting all this excited, there wrong bottom of league one in a final of a tinpot cup. Of course going to wembley is something special but what would rather have? a trip to wembley winning the tinpot cup or staying in league one?. Looking over the forums last two days, on saturday they were calling the squad utter garbage, suddenly they've become hero's! 

I think they see it as a bit of a release from all the shit they're having to put up with- most of them accept that they're already down.

8 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

They haven't been at Wembley for thirty years? Probably since the FA Cup final.

It's not a "tinpot cup" when you're in the position they are. The football league trophy was made for lower level clubs. Ok, Coventry are a big club at that level but with all the shite they've been through this is a nice release for them.

On 07/02/2017 at 22:51, Nalis said:

Was going to post the same thing, puts our current problems in perspective lol

This tweet from a Coventry fan puts our last 5 years into perspective. We deride our players for a heavy defeat in a dead rubber to Porto in the Champions League, meanwhile.....

On Wednesday, February 08, 2017 at 12:59, RonnieTodger said:

Good for them. They are in the absolute mire and at least they can go to Wembley to watch them get pumped by Oxford. 

Funny how nobody is boycotting the semi finals though.

Not sure if some of it is down to the Academy teams all going out by the quarter finals too.

Just had a look at Cov's fixtures- they've got some absolutely huge games coming up. Their next 6 are:

Oldham (A)

Wimbledon (A)

Gillingham (H)

Swindon (H)

Bury (A)

Shrewsbury (A)

Wimbledon are 15th, and the rest are in the thick of the relegation scrap. You would think they need to win 4 to stand any chance.

Archived