Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Forum upgrade

1 minute ago, Larry_LCFC said:

This

And also, what's with the sudden drop in post count this afternoon? Mines gone down quite a bit as has others.

It's been recounting in the background, so I guess that's the correct amount as previously deleted posts weren't taken into account.

27 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Eurgh!

Not a fan, and you can't configure pop up notifications in the settings. I would rather not have the pop up notification and just have my notifications managed by the notification list.

Apparently you can disable the pop up and turn it off? @Mark

https://invisionpower.com/news/4817-ipboard-31-notifications-updated/

Shut the popup off

Another option that has been introduced is the ability to disable the popup, should you not wish to see it whenever you receive a new notification. There is a per-user setting added to the notifications configuration section of the user control panel to allow you to enable and disable the popup. If you disable the popup, your notifications are still available in your user control panel.

This is a small addition that we felt would give each user more control over their browsing experience.

Edited by DB11

Guest CityFan 06

Out of interest why has the date 'Joined' gone back to being short, for instance 25-Apr 12, instead of the full join date in this example 25-April 2012? 

Don't mind too much just wondered  :)...

Edited by LeiFosse 06

I'm finding myself accidentally quoting things because I highlight when I read and occasionally accidentally click the 'quote this' pop up. Is there any way I can set it to not appear?

Enjoying the new site otherwise, great work. :)

Edited by Mark_w

Guest CityFan 06

I like it now, how when you accidentally go off your reply page when you're just about to put something, it saves your previous wording meaning you do not have to write it all out again.

I really appreciate all of the effort that people go through to maintain this forum. The only thing I'd say - and I see someone has already mentioned it - is that the History section is something that really sets this place apart from other forums. It's an incredible resource. So I hope it's not down for too long.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

I really appreciate all of the effort that people go through to maintain this forum. The only thing I'd say - and I see someone has already mentioned it - is that the History section is something that really sets this place apart from other forums. It's an incredible resource. So I hope it's not down for too long.

It should be back soon, it's mostly working and it will be available on a mobile too now, just no menu at present  :whistle:

• Like 4

Guest Mee-9

Lets face it, deleting half of the posts we make on this forum would make society a better place.

We don't half post some shite. 

Used to be able to just preview the first and latest 2 posts. Now have to re-read the whole page.

So, unless this can be altered I, personally, preferred the previous version.

Edited by Dawko
sounded better

7 hours ago, Dawko said:

Used to be able to just preview the first and latest 2 posts. Now have to re-read the whole page.

So, unless this can be altered I, personally, preferred the previous version.

Hover over the thread title 

I'm finding more and more that I'll click the post button, and it'll just sit there saying 'saving', after about 5 minutes of waiting I'll refresh the page and I've posted the same thing twice, when I only pressed the post button once

I'm having problems saving it seems to take forever and then sometimes doesn't save I just assumed it was my internet although it's ok on other things and websites

I assume the website looks a mess on my work laptop because of this update. I don't think the update and my works internet restrictions have mixed well. I can't post anymore. I have now gone onto the mobile website which I've never used but seems to work really well

5 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I assume the website looks a mess on my work laptop because of this update. I don't think the update and my works internet restrictions have mixed well. I can't post anymore. I have now gone onto the mobile website which I've never used but seems to work really well

Can you post a screenshot of the problem please?

• Like 1

Not sure if there's a solution to this one but my monitor isn't widescreen.  When I go into a thread it starts as widescreen then back to the correct ratio then to widescreen then back to the correct ratio.  It does it very fast but its annoying.

(yes I know a solution would be to get a WS monitor).