Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Forum upgrade

6 hours ago, davieG said:

I'm having problems saving it seems to take forever and then sometimes doesn't save I just assumed it was my internet although it's ok on other things and websites

This.

On 18 July 2016 at 04:00, Mark said:

I've been putting this off for a while but here it is so welcome to the new FT v4!

Firstly the forum is likely to run slower than normal as part of the upgrade there is a lot of processes running in the background that will complete over the next couple of days and then we'll get back up to our usual level of performance.

The first big change is your log in is your display name. Previously you could have a seperate username to log in, from now on use your display name (or email address). If you are reading this unable to login you should be able to get the relevant details via reset username/password links on the sign in page. If still not working try emailling [email protected] and we'll do our best today to resolve any issues.

Feel free to test out posting pictures/twitter/youtube links as all should be automated, so no more questions about how to post a picture. :)

Any other problems let me know on this thread.

Hey Mark,

So, having used the new version on my tablet for a bit I am really struggling without a shortcut button at the top or bottom of the page to 'view new posts' both on the home screen and within threads.

I know this is something you've wrestled with in the design stages and there are other ways round it by following threads and using the activity search menu etc, just wondered if there is any chance of getting the button back!

Thanks,

SL

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Hey Mark,

So, having used the new version on my tablet for a bit I am really struggling without a shortcut button at the top or bottom of the page to 'view new posts' both on the home screen and within threads.

I know this is something you've wrestled with in the design stages and there are other ways round it by following threads and using the activity search menu etc, just wondered if there is any chance of getting the button back!

Thanks,

SL

The icon next to FoxesTalk logo is new posts 

Now look here you said I'm testing the post speed so I replied can you test the post speed please Mark ...    Which I thought was quite clever ! ....    Now your original post has disappeared which makes my joke comment look rather stupid and makes me look like a right plum.   Pack it in or I might report you to yourself.

7 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Now look here you said I'm testing the post speed so I replied can you test the post speed please Mark ...    Which I thought was quite clever ! ....    Now your original post has disappeared which makes my joke comment look rather stupid and makes me look like a right plum.   Pack it in or I might report you to yourself.

I deleted it within a second, at least the follow topic is working correctly lol 

Guest CityFan 06

Just wondered Mark, if the table analysis of the times we post (i.e 12:00pm, 1:30pm, 4:50pm etc) will be returning? Personally liked to look at that and to also see how much I post on each forum department. 

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Yes, saving posts and subsequent posting takes quite a while, longer than before it seems - why is that?

And the "Multiquote" option is somewhat hidden - the "+" a bit random, unless you hover above it.

How is it hidden if you found it :wes:

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Yes, saving posts and subsequent posting takes quite a while, longer than before it seems - why is that?

And the "Multiquote" option is somewhat hidden - the "+" a bit random, unless you hover above it.

I have some server upgrades scheduled for Monday which I'm hoping will sort the posting delay out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

Just wondered Mark, if the table analysis of the times we post (i.e 12:00pm, 1:30pm, 4:50pm etc) will be returning? Personally liked to look at that and to also see how much I post on each forum department. 

I'm afraid I won't be able to change back to that 

Guest CityFan 06
26 minutes ago, Mark said:

I'm afraid I won't be able to change back to that 

Oh ok no problem, just thought I'd ask ;)

New style forum is generally good, but is there any way to restore a proper time stamp in posts? Having a whole bunch of posts stamped as 21 hours ago is not helpful. Much better to have a stamp at least accurate to hours & minutes, particularly during match threads, to put the post into context of exactly what stage of the match it was posted.

Highly retrograde change IMO.

• Like 2

Definitely agree with the time-stamp thing - for instance when looking through a match thread trying to find a particular meltdown/moment it's really hard when they all say "5 hours ago"

Is the double-posting thing fixable? From my phone almost every post gets sent twice, and if it contains a quote it's really hard to edit as I can't remove the quote box without crashing the phone browser

I agree entirely about the time stamp but it's not something I'm able to change. It's one of the reasons I've put the upgrade off for so long but thought in the end there were more benefits

also working on the slow/double posting and a few changes on the server side have been made this morning - let me know if it's any better.