Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Forum upgrade

On 7/22/2016 at 10:08, MrSpaM said:

I'm finding more and more that I'll click the post button, and it'll just sit there saying 'saving', after about 5 minutes of waiting I'll refresh the page and I've posted the same thing twice, when I only pressed the post button once

On 7/22/2016 at 10:14, davieG said:

I'm having problems saving it seems to take forever and then sometimes doesn't save I just assumed it was my internet although it's ok on other things and websites

On 7/22/2016 at 21:45, MC Prussian said:

Yes, saving posts and subsequent posting takes quite a while, longer than before it seems - why is that?

If anyone can confirm whether posts are going through faster, that would be great. From those I've posted today I haven't had any delays.

with this forum upgrade is there a way to set up a ticket buy/sell matchmaking system? 

like say I wanted to buy tickets to man u game and @DB11 was selling, instead of giving out names and numbers and PMs have a system in which you stick the details in and it matches you to that person and starts the PM for you? 

That or having a specific mod for the section and make all the buying/selling one page instead of loads of the same posts and the seller picks the top person off the list, messages the mod and that person is deleted?

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

For some reason I can't access foxestalk on my iphone this afternoon. It's saying the IP{ address for the domain has changed? Is this something up with my phone or the website?

FT has been down a couple of times today, I don't know if Mark has been doing any maintenance or fixes.

7 hours ago, Mark said:

I agree entirely about the time stamp but it's not something I'm able to change. It's one of the reasons I've put the upgrade off for so long but thought in the end there were more benefits

also working on the slow/double posting and a few changes on the server side have been made this morning - let me know if it's any better.

Thanks for the reply Mark. You can only do what you can do :)

Seems to be the way with modern software. 2 steps forward and 2 steps back. I suspect that a new generation of software designers comes in, don't know why things are done the way they are, and throw the baby out with the bath water.

That's how we end up with atrocities like Windows 8 lol 

I notice the ability to review a post before submitting a reply has gone. I thought that was a good feature especially as there's no delete button. Either one is useful if you've made a mistake.

1 hour ago, Smudge said:

I notice the ability to review a post before submitting a reply has gone. I thought that was a good feature especially as there's no delete button. Either one is useful if you've made a mistake.

It's not gone - click the preview button.

preview.png

THE  topics still being shown vertically.

When putting in replies..I have difficulties in "backspacing" to correct a typing error.The same in edit mode.

Its wearing my eyes out...

Might make some people happy, but these problems might stop me using the forum, its taking the fun out

of the forum for me, simple things becoming tedious and frustrating.

11 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

THE  topics still being shown vertically.

When putting in replies..I have difficulties in "backspacing" to correct a typing error.The same in edit mode.

Its wearing my eyes out...

Might make some people happy, but these problems might stop me using the forum, its taking the fun out

of the forum for me, simple things becoming tedious and frustrating.

I'm waiting on the next version of the software to be released which should contain a fix and should be by the weekend, but if you have an old android phone/tablet (2010 and earlier) issues are unlikely to be fixed.

1 hour ago, Mark said:

I'm waiting on the next version of the software to be released which should contain a fix and should be by the weekend, but if you have an old tablet (2010 and earlier) issues are unlikely to be fixed.

My Tablet I got late 2012 , model same year.

Thanks for the info...

Seems to be a bug on the mobile site. A couple of times now I've quoted someone, decided I didn't actually want to reply... but the quote then just sits there and I can't get rid of it, tried deleting it, tried closing safari and reopening it. But if I go back to that thread, the quote is always sat there when I go to post something.

Only thing that got rid of it was clearing the safari cache in my iphone settings.

Is there a way of viewing the site on a mobile as the full version?

I don't particularly like the mobile version and would prefer to view the full site but I cant find the button since the upgrade. (admittedly I haven't looked particularly hard).

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I don't particularly like the mobile version and would prefer to view the full site but I cant find the button since the upgrade. (admittedly I haven't looked particularly hard).

I think the answer is no as apparently it detects what you're using at least that is an answer I recall from earlier

On my android tablet it defaults to desktop which i'm very happy with, surprising really as almost everything else in my browsers defaults to mobile and i have to change the settings manually by going to sttings but even then it defaults back when i reboot.

19 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

What don't you like?

Its a responsive design now so it displays depending on what device you're on. I tried to make mobile as much like it was previous for those used to viewing on a mobile, if it's mainly looks wise I could make an alternative available so it looks the same as desktop

• Like 1