Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

FA Cup 2016/17

26 minutes ago, isaidno said:

just googled Westfields to see where they are from. They play in the same league as Shepshed and Loughborough Uni :)

Bloody miles away. Played them about 5 years ago when I was at Kirby our keeper went off with a broken leg. Our sub keeper stripped off warmed up and our gaffer had to go & tell him that he hadn't named him on the bench because we had to many players. 

About a 200 mile round trip and he wasn't even in the 16 lol 

7 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Pleased for Stamford, have 'shared' a few players with Coalville over the years.

Amazed to see that Paul Bastock is registered with them...(must be clocking up the years now)!

And, for the moaners/whingers on here. David Bell is in 'The Daniels' squad. Not that many years back we had him here on loan as we desperately tried to progress to being a 'mid Championship' outfit! 

Blast from the past. I worked in Boston 88-93 and watched Boston play if I couldn't make a city match. Bastock was keeping for them 25 years ago. Bit of a nutter, as maybe all keepers, but always in the club house bar after the game. Really good bloke, fair play that he is still going. 

On 17/10/2016 at 19:04, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Bloody miles away. Played them about 5 years ago when I was at Kirby our keeper went off with a broken leg. Our sub keeper stripped off warmed up and our gaffer had to go & tell him that he hadn't named him on the bench because we had too many players. 

About a 200 mile round trip and he wasn't even in the 16 lol 

• 3 weeks later...

I feel very sorry for Westfields, going all the way through to the first round proper and drawing Curzon Ashton.

Must be like going to a key party and drawing Vanessa Feltz.

1 hour ago, isaidno said:

Taunton vs Barrow must be one of the longest trips in English football.

And they'll have to do it again.

Was surprised to see the Notts match on TV here. Not often I get a chance to see my dad's old club. 

Two goals from Adam Campbell in the second half and we earned a replay at the Lane.

On 06/11/2016 at 14:27, isaidno said:

Taunton vs Barrow must be one of the longest trips in English football.

We had King's Lynn versus Truro a few years ago.

Archived