Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Wanderlust and baby

22 hours ago, James. said:

Quick bump for the blog, recently updated with a post on Argentine football after we saw Independiente in the Primera Division at the end of October.

Read me

Good stuff, if most of teams are based in Bueno Aires then it must be pretty expensive for rest of teams in Argentina to travel Bueno Aires every few weeks compared to teams based in Bueno Aires who could save a fair whack? It sounded bit unbalanced to me? 

On 12/1/2016 at 11:27, Merging Cultures said:

Sounds like a brilliant atmosphere. And totally get the reservations about the dark side.

One thing I love about African football is how sections of the fans just dance and sing continuously throughout the game. It's a joy to watch.

How is your daughter doing with the traveling?

Thanks for following the blog. She's doing really well thanks, to be honest far better than we ever could have expected. She handles things much better than we do sometimes!

She's proven to be very flexible, for example her sleep has been excellent in pretty much every place we've stayed (as of now that's 14 different properties in 3 countries). Her mood fluctuates what with growth spurts, teething, etc but as far as we can tell these are normal toddler reactions and not related to the travelling. Food has been a tough one at times, but mainly for me as I struggled when I didn't think she was eating what I thought was either enough food or the right food. However since we started eating all together as a family at most lunches and dinners (instead of us eating dinner after she goes to bed) her appetite and willingness to try new foods has improved massively.

In short we've been constantly amazed by how she's handled it and the rate at which she's developing. She's started walking since being on the trip and her vocabulary grows by the day, it's a privilege to see on a day to day basis particularly as when I was at work back in the UK there could be days when I wouldn't see her at all.

21 hours ago, The Blur said:

Good stuff, if most of teams are based in Bueno Aires then it must be pretty expensive for rest of teams in Argentina to travel Bueno Aires every few weeks compared to teams based in Bueno Aires who could save a fair whack? It sounded bit unbalanced to me? 

Thanks for reading. Yeah indeed, looking at the map it's actually worse than I thought (only 3 teams outside of Buenos Aires province): Argentina football club map

To be honest I don't know enough about the format of the league to know if they compensate or have a workaround for that,

Archived