Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Upgrading a Ticket.

My nephew (under 8 season ticket) can't make the Arsenal match. So my dad OAP is going to go instead. Is there any need to upgrade the ticket? As far as I know all adult tickets flash green on the turnstiles and all concessions orange so therefore it would flash orange for under 8 and OAP. Is this right or do they have other ways of knowing? We sit in the Family Stand if that makes any difference and we'd rather not use one of the upgrades if we don't have to.

10 minutes ago, pds said:

My nephew (under 8 season ticket) can't make the Arsenal match. So my dad OAP is going to go instead. Is there any need to upgrade the ticket? As far as I know all adult tickets flash green on the turnstiles and all concessions orange so therefore it would flash orange for under 8 and OAP. Is this right or do they have other ways of knowing? We sit in the Family Stand if that makes any difference and we'd rather not use one of the upgrades if we don't have to.

Well an under 8 is cheaper than a OAP so in theory yes you need to upgrade, however I guess you could run the risk, however, I'm not sure you are spot on with the lights, I'm sure one of the concessions flash both green and orange at the same time, however I'm not sure which.

Maybe someone on here can clarify exactly what the light sequence is.

36 minutes ago, pds said:

Strictly speaking of course, you should upgrade. But I think you'll be ok. If challenged, you can just say you've just been round to the ticket office and they'd upgraded it. The steward is unlikley to push it further, though of course if he did and they wanted to get prissy about it, then you could find yourself in breach of ST T&C. Probably unlikely scenario though.

10 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Strictly speaking of course, you should upgrade. But I think you'll be ok. If challenged, you can just say you've just been round to the ticket office and they'd upgraded it. The steward is unlikley to push it further, though of course if he did and they wanted to get prissy about it, then you could find yourself in breach of ST T&C. Probably unlikely scenario though.

There's that proper jobsworth women in the family stand with short hair and glasses that has some sort of machine that checks tickets,try and avoid her she don't miss a trick

8 hours ago, Russell sprout said:

There's that proper jobsworth women in the family stand with short hair and glasses that has some sort of machine that checks tickets,try and avoid her she don't miss a trick

That's worth knowing. I would expect the rule to be a bit more rigourously enforced in the Family Stand. In the West Stand, the stewards on the turnstiles where I enter are rarely taking any notice. We usually go in a group of three adults and three children and on the odd occasion there has been an extra adult instead of child in the group, In that situation it is not easy for them to tell who is who even if they are paying attention. I guess it would be harder to pull off if there were NO kids at all in your group.

Process seems a bit hit and miss down there. I asked a week ago how much to upgrade from a kid to adult in SK1 and was quoted £30. Went in today to do it and charged £19. Obviously happy but it isn't very clear 

We upgraded one yesterday, cost £17. I don't understand how the pricing works.

Also, spoke to someone yesterday who tried to sneak an adult through on a kids ticket and got busted by the steward and had to go back out to the ticket office to upgrade and was given a warning that any repeat will result in season ticket being revoked!

Which I guess is fair enough really...

I made an honest mistake once where I went in on a younger ticket. Didn't try to lie about my age and tried to explain what had happened but this jobsworth steward, who thought he was in CSI,  busted me and frog marched me to his superior. He just waited for the jobsworth to leave and then sent me on my way lol

6 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

We upgraded one yesterday, cost £17. I don't understand how the pricing works.

Also, spoke to someone yesterday who tried to sneak an adult through on a kids ticket and got busted by the steward and had to go back out to the ticket office to upgrade and was given a warning that any repeat will result in season ticket being revoked!

Which I guess is fair enough really...

For season tickets It's supposed to be 1/19th of the total cost of your season ticket 

On a side note I found a season ticket on Saffron Lane yesterday before the match belonging to a G Powley in P block.Went to hand it in at the ticket office but queue was massive so gave it to a steward outside P. If anyone knows this person hopefully they have it back.

Just another idea regarding upgrading you ticket,my wife came with me last week to the arsenal game instead of my daughter,we hadn't had time to upgrade as it was a last minute thing,so I went through the turnstiles,asked the steward where to go to smoke at half time,with them distracted my Mrs got straight in,from my experience the family stand where I sit are the only ones who might challenge you,other stands I've got in loads of times on kids tickets

On 26/08/2016 at 16:04, Russell sprout said:

Just another idea regarding upgrading you ticket,my wife came with me last week to the arsenal game instead of my daughter,we hadn't had time to upgrade as it was a last minute thing,so I went through the turnstiles,asked the steward where to go to smoke at half time,with them distracted my Mrs got straight in,from my experience the family stand where I sit are the only ones who might challenge you,other stands I've got in loads of times on kids tickets

Where we enter the ground, the stewards barely seem to pay attention. I have tested it by swapping mine and my son's cards before and going through adjacent turnstiles - so that if challenged i could say I simply mixed up the tickets, but they never noticed.

But - as mentioned above, I do know someone who did get busted and now has an official warning that any repeat will result in ST being revoked.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be using my mate's tickets for the Copenhagen home game as he can't go, and he'd bought the 3 game package so it suited both of us.  At the time I didn't expect individual games to reach Silver Members.

He and his son are season ticket holders in the Family Stand - his son has an under 12 ST but my son is 14 1/2 and quite clearly older than 11.  If the light only flashes one colour for kids and one colour for adults then we should be ok?

Unless we encounter the jobsworth woman referred to above..........

1 hour ago, flintshirefox said:

I'll be using my mate's tickets for the Copenhagen home game as he can't go, and he'd bought the 3 game package so it suited both of us.  At the time I didn't expect individual games to reach Silver Members.

He and his son are season ticket holders in the Family Stand - his son has an under 12 ST but my son is 14 1/2 and quite clearly older than 11.  If the light only flashes one colour for kids and one colour for adults then we should be ok?

Unless we encounter the jobsworth woman referred to above..........

There are only two colour combos green for full fare green/amber for concessions, unless he looks over 22 you will be fine :)

Archived