Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

LCFC U21 / Development Squad 2016/17

I didn't/don't agree with this set up and we should boycott but I like that draw. Bramall Lane is very local for me and I loved Grimsby away when Izzet scored his overhead kick.

There's no conviction behind this either. The whole reason they've done it is so that they can edge towards throwing reserve sides into the actual league system. This will undoubtedly be awful but they'll churn out some rubbish saying it was a "great success" with nothing to back that up and it will be used to justify changing the leagues too.

Grimsby's a new ground for me but I'm not going.

As a side note... didn't Grimsby and Sheff Utd play each other this weekend with a fair bit of crowd trouble? Typical that they're thrown together again lol

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

As a side note... didn't Grimsby and Sheff Utd play each other this weekend with a fair bit of crowd trouble? Typical that they're thrown together again lol

Yes. Had to shut loads of places (ie pubs) apparently. Sheffield United took about 3000 (for a friendly!).

4 minutes ago, baker11 said:

Are you going to go?

No... But I'm waiting for a chance to go to Blundell Park again. Maybe a cup competition.... I don't agree with adapting the football league trophy for Premier League teams and, tbf, I didn't even know we accepted the invitation. A lot of big clubs in the Prem have rejected it.

44 minutes ago, Lcfc_lass10 said:

Terrible idea IMO. Never been Grimsby but I won't be going to watch our young lads. Hope they do well but I won't be showing any interest. 

Grimsby actually play in Cleethorpes. I bet you're regretting your decision now?

Gives the academy lads of these teams proper competitive match experience which will give a proper indication to where they are, and they'll find it difficult if the league 1/2 teams take it seriously. the lower league teams should have enough to beat a bunch of inexperienced kids and if they don't then they have no excuses really. This doesn't seem the WORST idea.

7 minutes ago, Goober said:

Gives the academy lads of these teams proper competitive match experience which will give a proper indication to where they are, and they'll find it difficult if the league 1/2 teams take it seriously. the lower league teams should have enough to beat a bunch of inexperienced kids and if they don't then they have no excuses really. This doesn't seem the WORST idea.

That's pushing it. I don't think L1/2 sides take it particularly seriously as it is, let alone if they're only playing against reserve sides.

I can't see this being anything but awful sadly.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

That's pushing it. I don't think L1/2 sides take it particularly seriously as it is, let alone if they're only playing against reserve sides.

I can't see this being anything but awful sadly.

It'll be a shite spectacle and I wont take too much notice, but I think it'll only benefit the young players. Clubs may look loaning some of the young lads that perform well against them and stuff like that. Totally against the idea of B teams in the leagues like but this is different.

7 minutes ago, Goober said:

It'll be a shite spectacle and I wont take too much notice, but I think it'll only benefit the young players. Clubs may look loaning some of the young lads that perform well against them and stuff like that. Totally against the idea of B teams in the leagues like but this is different.

It's not different, it's a stepping stone to that happening. That's the only reason the Football League are doing this.

It's just weird. Six of the starting 11 have to aged 21 or under as of June 30 this year. Yet their doing this the same year they are changing to an Under-23 (based on the usual January 1 rule) with three over aged players allowed. That could lead to two very different line-ups.

I realize it probably won't in practice, since there won't be that many players between 21 and 23 in the squad, and they would fill the 5 over-age spots (or be on the bench), but, still, why the completely different squad rules for your reserves?

I notice the Under18s lost 2-0 to Lincoln the other day and even missed a penalty. Not the sort of thing that happened much in the halcyon days of King and Gradel despite us now seemingly having scouts all over the place and a training set-up to be envied.

Seems like the Imps got a good following too although I'm sure a good few travelled to support City. . 

http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/lincoln-city-u18-2-leicester-city-u18-0-stunning-goals-see-imps-defeat-foxes/story-29564253-detail/story.html?

Be interesting to see if Chilwell becomes our most expensive graduate now he's signed his five-year contract, if he ever moves, of course! :)   

3 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

Very few actual U18's played but still a very disappointing result

Sums up where the Academy is at this moment in time

Will be interesting to see who comes into the fold in the next few weeks to the vacant posts

Seems crazy to go after CAT 1 and fork out all that money to just let it all rot.

Archived