Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

La Liga

13 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

4-2 now.

Like Chris Wood's goal at Watford. Goalkeeper takes ages, boots it in opposition's body and in. lol

Yeah I watched most of it. Do enjoy watching Barce lose, they were garbage, Pique best player by a mile. Celta were very good though hats off to them. Would be nice to see Barcelona going back to being a bit shit again they've had an amazing team for far too long. 

Year in, year out I forget to bet on Barcelona to lose at Celta and lose at Sociedad. They have a huge hoodoo at both.

Atletico have gotten their act together again. Top of the table, two conceded in six league games, two clean sheets in Europe. They are ridiculous.

Real Madrid have now drawn four games on the spin in all competitions. Bizarrely all to teams playing in yellow.

• 2 weeks later...

Ath Madrid sweep aside Granada 7-1.

Find them more exciting to watch than the usual 2, Simeone is some manager as well.

But no doubt we'll probably face them should/when we proceed from the groups.

Everyone who calls La Liga too big club dominant will have had a field day this weekend. Barca won 4-0, Atletico 7-1, Real Madrid 6-1.

It's very unlike Atletico to smash someone. They rarely win by more than two goals. The weird thing with them is they seem to do it against literally anyone.

Sevilla are keeping up with them all though. They finally got an away win today at Leganes.

Sevilla go top of La Liga after beating Atletico. They've gone about their business very quietly this season. Real Madrid likely to go back above them later when they take on Athletic.

It's very much like the Premier League at the top so far. Four teams all very close to each other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

meant to bet on villarreal double chance but didn't :(

Las Palmas 8th and Eibar 10th, people go on about the Premier league being better than La Liga because the bottom sides are stronger but I'm not even sure especially when you consider the difference in budgets.

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

meant to bet on villarreal double chance but didn't :(

Las Palmas 8th and Eibar 10th, people go on about the Premier league being better than La Liga because the bottom sides are stronger but I'm not even sure especially when you consider the difference in budgets.

La Liga is better without a doubt, their top 4 as it stands would beat all of ours bar Chelsea - who are actually consistent, genuine class. The rest of the table is much of a muchness, I think we've a stronger strength in depth (very slightly) but their top 4 is so far ahead of ours technically.

Amazed people would 'take Seville' in the sense that it's a favourable tie and never got others moaning they weren't a big enough side. They're bloody class.

*I'd like to add though, that although I think the standard is better, I find La Liga almost unwatchable.

La Liga still stronger for me. By no means do I think your teams like Eibar, Malaga etc... are outstanding but it's a myth that Barca and Real "win 6-0 every week" and if you look at the likes of Swansea, do people really not think they'd stick similar scorelines past them?

I think our top six has gotten better but below that it's much of a muchness, and it still isn't all that. Completely different styles though.

8 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

La Liga is better without a doubt, their top 4 as it stands would beat all of ours bar Chelsea - who are actually consistent, genuine class. The rest of the table is much of a muchness, I think we've a stronger strength in depth (very slightly) but their top 4 is so far ahead of ours technically.

Amazed people would 'take Seville' in the sense that it's a favourable tie and never got others moaning they weren't a big enough side. They're bloody class.

*I'd like to add though, that although I think the standard is better, I find La Liga almost unwatchable.

Definitely, then standard 'your dad' Leicester fan thinks it's an easier tie because historically Sevilla aren't at the same level as Real, Barca and Atletico but I think we could be in for a spanking

bar real and barca i think it's much of a muchness. 

reckon if you took 8th in la liga and they played 8th in the prem they'd beat each other a few times. same with bottom of both leagues etc. sure they'd look more technical but you can flip that by saying i would put the biggest bet of my life on big sam or tony pulis taking their sides to someone like fu cking osasuna and getting a result. so it depends what you mean by "better". they've probably got better players going down the leagues but i wouldn't back them to survive in the prem.

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

Definitely, then standard 'your dad' Leicester fan thinks it's an easier tie because historically Sevilla aren't at the same level as Real, Barca and Atletico but I think we could be in for a spanking

All things being relative it is a decent draw

It was them Bayern Real Leverkusen PSG or Benfica.......The only one I'd actually fancy us to win is Leverkusen. I've got hope we can put up a fight though.

22 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

All things being relative it is a decent draw

It was them Bayern Real Leverkusen PSG or Benfica.......The only one I'd actually fancy us to win is Leverkusen. I've got hope we can put up a fight though.

I think Sevilla are on the same level as the others as their league position and three consecutive Europa league wins show

Leverkusen took 4 points off Spurs in the groups and did the double over Monaco so I wouldn't be that confident

An easy win for Real at the weekend to equal Barca's unbeaten record of 39. That's quite some achievement, though their next 2 games are away at Sevilla (Copa del Rey on Thursday and La Liga on Sunday) so I guess we'll see just how closely matched they are.

Sevilla doing far too well at the moment, does not bode well for us! I knew when the draw was made for the last 16 that there was not going to be an easy game, no matter who we drew. At the time i thought Sevilla was a favourable draw, but they're acutally looking like potential CL Winners lately!

As has been mentioned, hopefully they're in with a sniff of the title and underestimate when we meet them in the Champions League.

I don't think there has ever been such a solid squad without anyone going into the 'World Class' bracket as the one Sevilla have got right now. There just isn't a weakness to their side.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

As has been mentioned, hopefully they're in with a sniff of the title and underestimate when we meet them in the Champions League.

I don't think there has ever been such a solid squad without anyone going into the 'World Class' bracket as the one Sevilla have got right now. There just isn't a weakness to their side.

Dortmund few years ago?

Archived