Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sm1

Leicester Tigers

15 hours ago, baker11 said:

Back in the day when we played on the same weekend their gilet lovers used to regularly scoff at our almost  inevitable 1.0 loss to a Lancashire town team. 

Remember a Tigers fan calling the moan-in once (probably during 03/04) to say how City were embarrassing Leicester.

9 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I'm pretty sure I remember in the early 90's a loud cheer would be heard around filbert street if the tigers had lost.

I've heard people saying that. I don't ever remember hearing it actually happening.

My eldest daughter always insists I take her to experience the dark side once a year for her birthday. 

Every year we start with a meal in Grimsbys and then sit in the pub for a few hours before heading off to the game. I always make sure I'm wearing my Leicester hat.

The facilities in the two new stands never fail to impress me when compared to the KP. This year really was a shocker though. At no point did they look like scoring. Apparently this was the first time since 1978 that they had failed to score a point in a game at home.

We were surrounded by inebriated, kilt wearing Glaswegians. They were very cocky, but I took solace from the fact that it was an exceptionally cold night.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

George Ford set to re sign for the Tigers with Freddie Burns heading off to Bath!

Is this pretty much like for like!? Always liked Ford and is the better of the two?

I'd take Ford over Burns. Losing him was one of many strange recent decisions by Tigers.

On Sat Feb 04 2017 at 11:23, deejdeej said:

I'd take Ford over Burns. Losing him was one of many strange recent decisions by Tigers.

Apparently he left for his dad being head coach at Bath. But after he was dismissed, he's become dissilussioned with the club and wants to come back Leicester.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

The commentators keep saying this is the first "major final" of the season yet the ground is half empty??

Is this like football's version of the Johnstone's paint trophy?

Still hope we win!

Aye. Nobody really cares for the Anglo Welsh cup. But it's the first silverware for Tigers in 5 years?! Shocking that!

An amazing defensive display by the tigers to hold on despite the huge amount of pressure coming from Exeter. a really gutsy and brilliant performance and the first trophy for a number of years. a brilliant first half an it was back to the walls stuff in the second but they soaked it up. Congratulations Tigers, Brilliant stuff

22 hours ago, ealingfox said:

And the following day their gaffer gets the old tin tack.... lol

What is going on over there?

Totally confused...Whats Mauger do wrong, why is O'conner potential crudentials, better than Maugers.

Wow...!!!

This outdoes the Ranieri sacking 

3 serious kicks from Williams were brilliant under pressure at the end, although I admit on the last one I thought going for the corner would have wasted more time but good job he kicked the points in the end!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived