Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

2018 Russia World Cup Qualifying

23 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Surprised people think Scotland will be a push over, did anyone watch them in qualifying?  they gave Germany 2 very hard games, beat Rep Ireland and drew with Poland twice, they are no push overs.

They would have beaten that England team yesterday 

• Like 1

On 2 September 2016 at 22:59, Wymeswold fox said:

Alongside England, Wales probably have the 'easiest' group.

Be interesting whether England can win all group games like Hodgson did in Pre-Euros.

Easiest group ? Are you on drugs lol 

this is a very hard group and Wales won't top group 

Edited by GaelicFox

On 02/09/2016 at 22:52, Sharpe's Fox said:

Qualifying for the next World Cup in the mother country is under process so here's the UEFA groups for discussion

image.png

and here's a corker of a put down by Roy Keane to kick it off.

If im reading the table above correctly, England supposedly have a very hard group

England are no great skaes as the pot 1 team, then the table says Slovakia are the best pot 2 team, Scotland are the 2nd best pot 3, and Slovenia are the 2nd best pot 4....

These seedings are skewed by the fact there is no Russia and that France have had very little competitive games.

The easiest group on paper should be the Belgium group as all the teams are gash in their respective pots.

3 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

Easiest group ? Are you on drugs lol 

this is a very hard group and Wales won't top group 

So who will in your opinion? I think we (Wales) have a very good chance indeed provided we remain injury free. 

PS King had very good for Wales this evening. Worked hard, some great passes and nearly a long range goal. Best he has played I suggest for Wales. If he can play like that for the Foxes as well our midfield will be in good shape depth wise.

7 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

So who will in your opinion? I think we (Wales) have a very good chance indeed provided we remain injury free. 

PS King had very good for Wales this evening. Worked hard, some great passes and nearly a long range goal. Best he has played I suggest for Wales. If he can play like that for the Foxes as well our midfield will be in good shape depth wise.

wide open group , who knows but the bookies for me babe over estimated wales in this group 

34 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

wide open group , who knows but the bookies for me babe over estimated wales in this group 

Nice of you to call me babe or then again maybe not... :unsure: I know - autocorrect excuse coming up. 

Seriously though I think it is a tougher group than made out for the top three four sides as there are real scrappers in there. Even Moldova can be hard to break down. But we kept our composure last night and did what we needed to without hitting the heights. I think we will be tough to beat because of the belief in the squad at the moment. With Ramsey back, as well as King played last night and he was very good tbh, we will be better. A good result in Austria and then hopefully home wins against Georgia and Serbia before end of year would put us in a very good position.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Donut said:

If im reading the table above correctly, England supposedly have a very hard group

England are no great shakes as the pot 1 team, then the table says Slovakia are the best pot 2 team, Scotland are the 2nd best pot 3, and Slovenia are the 2nd best pot 4....

These seedings are skewed by the fact there is no Russia and that France have had very little competitive games.

The easiest group on paper should be the Belgium group as all the teams are gash in their respective pots.

A couple of surprising results tonight:

- Belarus holding France to a stalemate

- Luxembourg almost snatching a late draw away at Bulgaria (only for the hosts to score the 4-3 winner in injury time!)

- Faroe Islands doing a Belarus against Hungary

- Switzerland beating the European Champions Portugal (but one has to say they were without Ronaldo, so...)

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

A couple of surprising results tonight:

- Belarus holding France to a stalemate

- Luxembourg almost snatching a late draw away at Bulgaria (only for the hosts to score the 4-3 winner in injury time!)

- Faroe Islands doing a Belarus against Hungary

- Switzerland beating the European Champions Portugal (but one has to say they were without Ronaldo, so...)

Portugal aren't great... so surprised they won it but then so did Greece and Denmark before 

• 5 weeks later...

Glad we didn't sign Dragovic. What an absolute cvnt.

Gets brought down by Ashley Williams, pretty ****ing gently, proceeds to roll around all over the place like he's been shot until the ref tells him to stop being a tit and then gets up waving his arms about asking for a booking.

Was genuinely very little contact, purely about looking for a card.

YYEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS