Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boots60

Keith Vaz

Teffers has come out (no pun) and has stated that the paper is in the wrong for publishing the details.

Lets look at why this is in the public interest:

1) Advocated against poppers being banned yet didn't declare his use of them (conflict of interest).

2) Is on a committee involving vice and drugs (conflict of interest).

3) Was/is chair of the home affairs select committee - a senior position within government - and so at risk of being manipulated by others threatening to reveal information (this most likely never happened but the risk is there).

If Mr Vaz believes that there was no public interest - at what level of government is there a public interest? What happens if George Osbourne is a cocaine snorting user of prostitutes? What happens if another state tries to use this information to their advantage?

Their holding of the position would be untenable because their actions would have put our countries affairs at risk (extreme worst case) or significant risk of their discretion being fettered (bias). 

Edited by adam1

3 minutes ago, adam1 said:

Teffers has come out (no pun) and has stated that the paper is in the wrong for publishing the details.

Lets look at why this is in the public interest:

1) Advocated against poppers being banned yet didn't declare his use of them (no declaration of interest).

2) Is on a committee involving vice and drugs (no declaration of interest).

3) Was/is chair of the home affairs select committee - a senior position within government - and so at risk of being manipulated by others threatening to reveal information (this most likely never happened but the risk is there).

If Mr Vaz believes that there was no public interest - at what level of government is there a public interest? What happens if George Osbourne is a cocaine snorting user of prostitutes? What happens if another state tries to use this information to their advantage?

Their holding of the position would be untenable because their actions would have put our countries affairs at risk (extreme worst case) or significant risk of their discretion being fettered (bias). 

Yeah, people might think he's a cvnt or something..

He's been known for his support for Lord Janner during their political years. I can't but help in thinking that Vaz has done 'a lot worse' (fraud and others) that can't be publisized for whatever reason

Edited by Wymeswold fox

8 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

He's been known for his support for Lord Janner during their political years. I can't but help in thinking that Vaz has done 'a lot worse' (fraud and others) that can't be publisized for whatever reason

A lot worse than preying on vulnerable children........do go on.

Won't give too much away but have come across Vaz in my line of work many times over the years. If the stuff that some of us know about him finally gets let loose then it's more than his career down the pan. Was a happy day for me yesterday, I've been waiting for the truth to come out about Vaz for many years, he is probably my most hated person. The stuff being reported at the minute, lets just say, is very tame compared to a lot of the things 'rumoured' about Vaz. Many many people involved in covering up his dirty work too, will eventually be lots of embarrassed people.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Won't give too much away but have come across Vaz in my line of work many times over the years. If the stuff that some of us know about him finally gets let loose then it's more than his career down the pan. Was a happy day for me yesterday, I've been waiting for the truth to come out about Vaz for many years, he is probably my most hated person. The stuff being reported at the minute, lets just say, is very tame compared to a lot of the things 'rumoured' about Vaz. Many many people involved in covering up his dirty work too, will eventually be lots of embarrassed people.

Not house removals by any chance .....   

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

When you say "you've come across vaz in your line of work many times" What exactly do you mean?

Washing machine salesman.

No in all seriousness, I wouldn't like to elaborate on that at the risk of

A. Losing my job and

B. Being sued.

Keep an eye on Guido's blog. When it all comes out (which I'm really hopeful it will) hopefully I'll be able to speak my mind on Vaz without fear. Sad state of affairs that he's got this far in life already. He is vermin. 

• Like 1

Bugger !!!   My washing machines broke ...    Do you know anyone called Jim who can fix it for me ....     Not had it long ..   So it's not very old.    If it can't be fixed I suppose I could always sell it ...    People pay very good money to get their hands on a nearly new one. 

Ain't life a bummer !!

20 hours ago, foxoffderby said:

People seem to be getting side tracked by the real issue here, it looks like he was set up by a newspaper who paid men to set up Vaz. Brings back memories of the News of the World and phone tapping Mille Dowler death etc. What people do in their own time is down to them we all have skeletons in the cupboard. How far does a newspaper go to get a story? The real issue here is a ethics question. If the police had set somebody up the case would be thrown out of court. What real crime has Vaz done here apart from letting his family down?

There's clearly a significant public interest in revealing that the married head of a parliamentary committee which looks into drugs and prostitution is using rent boys and drugs, and I doubt the Sunday Mirror will struggle to defend that in court if Vaz does sue.