Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Football Manager 2017

So, it's that time of year again! Due to be released 4th November, £34.99. As usual if you pre order, you get access to the beta approximately two weeks beforehand.

No new features have been announced though (as far as I can see).

One nice spin off from our title win will be seeing us as champions in the game.

In fact this has given a real boost to the "narrative" of my games. In the past, winning the premier league in FM was always nice, but felt very much at odds with the real world, because we all believed that Leicester winning the premier league would never happen.

But now it has, a title win in FM "feels" different, if you see what I mean.

7 minutes ago, rmahrez said:

Nice 5% discount for every FM owned in the past 4 years on Steam as well. Will definitely get this, fun to play with us in the champions league for the first time.

Didn't know that. So potentially 20% off if you've owned all of them?

Sounds like they could be buttering us up for not many new features.....

Just now, stripeyfox said:

Didn't know that. So potentially 20% off if you've owned all of them?

Sounds like they could be buttering us up for not many new features.....

Yeah, they have to be in your steam library though.

Will give this a miss, far too clunky and complicated these days and never any new features. About time they stopped releasing a full new game at 35 quid a pop and just released patches and database updates. Won't happen until people stop paying for nothing. 

my FM16 stopped working because of a graphics issue. Every single other programme/app on the laptop I use works. So guessing it might just be an issue with the FM16 file. If I buy FM17, and it doesn't work, can I get a refund through Steam?

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

my FM16 stopped working because of a graphics issue. Every single other programme/app on the laptop I use works. So guessing it might just be an issue with the FM16 file. If I buy FM17, and it doesn't work, can I get a refund through Steam?

I doubt it, but not sure on their policy.

But in the end, the game runs on other machines fine, just not yours. So I guess they'd say their product is fine and your computer is at fault so no grounds for a refund?

26 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yes, if you have played less than 2 hours and ask for refund within 14 days

7 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Yes, if you have played less than 2 hours and ask for refund within 14 days

awesome, thanks.

Might sound stupid, if I buy the pre-order, get the beta 2 weeks before, beta works fine. It comes to the real game on the 4th November, that doesn't work. Eligible for a refund or not? I'd have played more than 2 hours on the beta...

I'd like to see the "Touch" version beefed up a little bit. I play both versions but the Touch version suits me, most of the time. 

I really wish they wouldn't have an editor for the full version. It's just tooo tempting. The editor should be available for the Touch version, but not the full!

49 minutes ago, StanSP said:

awesome, thanks.

Might sound stupid, if I buy the pre-order, get the beta 2 weeks before, beta works fine. It comes to the real game on the 4th November, that doesn't work. Eligible for a refund or not? I'd have played more than 2 hours on the beta...

Interesting point, I'm not sure if the beta is actually just an early release. I would guess if your copy isn't going to work, it won't work in beta, and the 14 day return policy I would assume starts from the actual release date

Just downloaded an update on steam that is basically all the squads as of now plus whoever added it has put us as champions in the 14/15 season so we're in the champions league as well, might save me buying fm17.... That being said I'll get sucked in like I always do :D

I'll buy this and I'll hate myself for it.

Annoys me no end how they take 6 months to effectively fix the game though. I'd rather they just waited a bit longer and released a proper version with fewer issues. Saying that if there's no new features this year then you'd expect a game that's as complete as you can get. 

9 hours ago, Ozwin said:

I'll buy this and I'll hate myself for it.

Annoys me no end how they take 6 months to effectively fix the game though. I'd rather they just waited a bit longer and released a proper version with fewer issues. Saying that if there's no new features this year then you'd expect a game that's as complete as you can get. 

The "issues" with the game are wildly exaggerated. I've never had a problem with a game at launch.

In fact, I've known them do more harm than good with a January update.

16 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Sounds familiar. i'll buy it, play it pretty much every chance i get for 2 weeks, then get bored and not touch it again!

I'm torn with this one. On the one hand I got massively bored of last year and am happy to have quit FM.

Again, haha.

But then Leicester should theoretically be epic on this. 

Archived