Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Football Manager 2017

12 hours ago, casablancas said:

Need a rock at the back lads ... Any advice? Using stats from 1st season interceptions tackles etc. Looks as though Michael Keane is a fair shout? I'm not after youth but someone to step in straight off. Just ended 1st season if that helps. 

Eric Bailly is a unit

17 hours ago, casablancas said:

Need a rock at the back lads ... Any advice? Using stats from 1st season interceptions tackles etc. Looks as though Michael Keane is a fair shout? I'm not after youth but someone to step in straight off. Just ended 1st season if that helps. 

If you can get him, get Marlon Santos from Fluminese! he's was a god for me at Middlesborough

Having guided Chester FC to 13th in the Championship, in my first season in the division, I decided I took them as far as I can and left after 6 years. 6 years from conference to Championship football.

Left to join Villa who got relegated from the PL. Already cleared the acidic wood, including one Islam Slimani, all for a total of £76m +. Signed 12 new players ready to get automatic promotion. Won the first league and cup game 4v0 away from home.

Fvcked it. Flirted with top 6 all season and ended up finishing 11th... Played 46 with 19 draws lol Only lost 10 games all season.

Onto next season and hopefully promotion at last!

Just now, sk3since03 said:

Steam all together has been a bit weird for me past few days sometimes not responding/closing properly

I've just done a full system restore anyway. Found some unrelated errors and repaired them, hopefully its stops the crashes too. at least i can drag and drop again

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

do you get any error messages?

It happened again. managed to grab the screen this time. Looks like it could be related to the last update. Now I have to try to repeat this result

error.png

On 17/01/2017 at 21:09, casablancas said:

Signed Michael Keane for my Everton squad, he's fantastic, not only can play centre half but also Right Back as well

Get him in

Managed to drag Burton to a second placed finish in the premier league. Players like Januzaj, Phil Jones, Jordan spence and Moussa Dembele (Celtic) all proving influential signings. Not sure if we can challenge in the champions league with a small squad. Do have a lot of regens coming through whom I have picked up for tuppence. I do have 80 million to spend and a brand new stadium to look forward to. 

Came 3rd with Honved after being predicted to come 9th out of 12, which I'm very chuffed with. Think I ended up with a minus goal difference though, don't think I've ever won so many games 1-0 which surprises me a lot given I thought our centre halves were a huge weakness. It means I qualify for the 1st qualifying round of the Europa League next season which I'd fancy myself to get through. Beat Ferencvaros twice initially but ended up losing 5-0 to them in a dead rubber on the final day (you play 33 games, everyone 3 times) which is what sent my GD negative.

My wage budget has doubled to £24k a week, which given you can get a solid player in this league on about £500 a week, I actually expect to keep pushing towards the top in future. I'm also hopeful if they double my wage budget every year, it should be Real Madrid level by season 9.

Archived