Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Football Manager 2017

Just looking for ideas on next team to manage.

Im finishing a 2 year career at Juve before moving onto the next team. Just wanted some ideas.

Ideally it would be a large team, but not the best team in their division. But still competing in the biggest cups (id rather have no Europe at all if its not champions league) and with expertise has a realistic chance of overcoming the best teams in the league.

Im thinking maybe Panathinaikos? or maybe a Portuguese team?

Any thoughts?

21 minutes ago, Donut said:

Im finishing a 2 year career at Juve before moving onto the next team. Just wanted some ideas.

Ideally it would be a large team, but not the best team in their division. But still competing in the biggest cups (id rather have no Europe at all if its not champions league) and with expertise has a realistic chance of overcoming the best teams in the league.

Any thoughts?

Copenhagen.

1 hour ago, Donut said:

Any thoughts?

Villareal are a fun team in Spain with a great squad, though would take a few years to overcome the very top teams.

Schalke/Wolfsburg in Germany are other options.

In Portugal I would recommend Rio Ave for a real challenge, some great young players and good enough to qualify for Europe, but still a way behind the likes of Benfica and Porto.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Copenhagen.

37 minutes ago, rmahrez said:

Villareal are a fun team in Spain with a great squad, though would take a few years to overcome the very top teams.

Schalke/Wolfsburg in Germany are other options.

In Portugal I would recommend Rio Ave for a real challenge, some great young players and good enough to qualify for Europe, but still a way behind the likes of Benfica and Porto.

Nice suggestions i like these the german and portuguese leagues too as they are 18 team leagues. 

The portuguese league cup has a bit of a funky format

+1 on the Wolfsburg shout! In my latest save I started there and did 8 years, during which we became one of the stronger sides in Europe. I only managed to win the Champions League once, but regularly made the quarters and semis. By the time I'd left, we'd won the Bundesliga for 4 years in a row and they've won every season since I've left too (3 seasons now)

Board are great too, invested loads in youth recruitment and facilities. One of my favorite saves in recent years of playing the game.

i don't understand something that has just happened in my game.

Went to the board to request a new affiliate club to send players out on loan. They originally rejected saying 'youth team doing fine, not going to grant the request'. I respond saying 'world of difference between playing youth football and meaningful experience...'

They then say 'we are afraid we just don't have the confidence in you at the moment...'

Yet the confidence in my job level is 'very secure' and they are 'very pleased with overall leadership of the team'. 

?

I cant seem to find any decent megapack for all kits for in game, anyone know of any please? Also I've seen some people with competition trophies in their game which site has the download for this?

EDIT: Found a trophies megapack and currently testing out a backgrounds megapack.

On 20/02/2017 at 13:37, StanSP said:

i don't understand something that has just happened in my game.

Went to the board to request a new affiliate club to send players out on loan. They originally rejected saying 'youth team doing fine, not going to grant the request'. I respond saying 'world of difference between playing youth football and meaningful experience...'

They then say 'we are afraid we just don't have the confidence in you at the moment...'

Yet the confidence in my job level is 'very secure' and they are 'very pleased with overall leadership of the team'. 

?

Raise it as a bug here?

https://community.sigames.com/forum/512-football-manager-2017-bugs-forum/

21 hours ago, Ashley said:

I cant seem to find any decent megapack for all kits for in game, anyone know of any please? Also I've seen some people with competition trophies in their game which site has the download for this?

EDIT: Found a trophies megapack and currently testing out a backgrounds megapack.

same place they've always been, Sortitoutsi.

40 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

same place they've always been, Sortitoutsi.

Can't find any styles I like on Sortitoutsi.. if anyone has a good photo of just the Premier League trophy with our ribbons on it please send it my way 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Can the update please come out now thank you!

do you know what's in the next update?

In my network game with my mates, Tiago Ilori declared himself for Nigeria lol 

And loan players from Premier League clubs carried on playing for their U23 teams!

Just now, StanSP said:

And loan players from Premier League clubs carried on playing for their U23 teams!

Normally March isn't it? I'm tired of pissing about now. I actually want to start a proper game

54 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He is eligible.

The updates will probably just small ME changes

17 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I just lost to St. Gallen and it brought my unbeaten record to an end.

I think I need a new challenge.

Screen_Shot_2017_02_24_at_9_16_18_PM.png

Those news items make me laugh, random cup defeats years ago somehow is relevant to being unbeaten for 66

Archived