Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RussellD

Seating Advice

As soon in last 12 months really got into football (aged 9) so brought silver membership anyway obviously want to make use of it :) 

I wanted to get advice from members if family stand seats available then makes sense to purchase something in there?  However if not what is people's advice on best section to try and get a ticket in (family friendly etc)?

From

Russ

West stand always seems a nice atmosphere but having said that i think most places within the stadium are. Part of me would say you are more likely to hear swearing etc in the Kop and next to away fans but having said that, if its a chant thats rude or contains a swear word, you will hear it where ever you sit!

I've taken my 7 year old a few times this season and he struggles to see past the adjacent person when sitting in A2/C2 to the opposite goal at times. I found sitting in the corners is much better for him as the pitch is all in front of him. So A1 especially being near the family stand was particularly good on Saturday.

On 15 September 2016 at 11:01, Manatee said:

Sat in family stand for years whilst my kids grew up, moved to the kop now lot's less swearing and agro in the kop, I would never go back to the family stand even with the grand kids.

Swaring in family stand lol 

I have been there 4 years now with the kids and can't recall ever seeing Agro or hearing bad language  

we moved from the east stand because there were a regular bunch of inbreds behind us who used bad language just to ask to share a bottle a pop "dad can I have the fcuking Pepsi" etc.... 

football is a working class game and the vernacular of the working classes is sometimes inappropriate language , it happens in all stands I suggest 

the worst scene for bad language I ever witnessed was at the Liverpool game 2014 we were piss poor and there was some people in the box nearest the family stand think it's a local estate agent and some of the box guests supported Liverpool , when Liverpool scored they celebrated a little which of course mean "death by abuse" from the city faithful because we do love a pantomime at the KP, The language was aweful massive amounts of cnut , Fcuker and threats .... Then after a while this little girl shouted , "daddy please sit down" and with that the idiot sat down , his 5 mins tirade of foulness and disgusting abuse was all carried out while his 9/10yo daughter was sat beside him ..... Knuckle dragging idiots like this shouldn't be allowed have children never mind attend a football game ! 

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

Swaring in family stand lol 

I have been there 4 years now with the kids and can't recall ever seeing Agro or hearing bad language  

we moved from the east stand because there were a regular bunch of inbreds behind us who used bad language just to ask to share a bottle a pop "dad can I have the fcuking Pepsi" etc.... 

football is a working class game and the vernacular of the working classes is sometimes inappropriate language , it happens in all stands I suggest 

the worst scene for bad language I ever witnessed was at the Liverpool game 2014 we were piss poor and there was some people in the box nearest the family stand think it's a local estate agent and some of the box guests supported Liverpool , when Liverpool scored they celebrated a little which of course mean "death by abuse" from the city faithful because we do love a pantomime at the KP, The language was aweful massive amounts of cnut , Fcuker and threats .... Then after a while this little girl shouted , "daddy please sit down" and with that the idiot sat down , his 5 mins tirade of foulness and disgusting abuse was all carried out while his 9/10yo daughter was sat beside him ..... Knuckle dragging idiots like this shouldn't be allowed have children never mind attend a football game ! 

I remember that incident. I sit quite close to there and there have been one or two nasty incidents. Just before we went on the great escape run, the two guys in front of me (who I don't think knew each other, apart from being ST neighbours) were arguing over how shit we were. Both ended up squaring up to each other and there was a bit of push and shove but the most upsetting thing was each of the men had kids with them who were obviously visibly upset. Why you would put yourself in a situation like that when you have your children with you is beyond me.

As for the language, as you say it is part and parcel - my son is 8 and has learned pretty much every swear word in the book thanks to the blokes behind us "Albrighton shit cnut" "Mahrez lazy bastard" "Okazaki shit" etc etc every game. 

I don't mind the swearing as such, but sometimes the aggression attached to it is completely out of proportion. Shouting "Albrighton you fcking useless cnt" like a crazed maniac just because he accidentally knocks the ball out of play is totally uncalled for.

2 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I remember that incident. I sit quite close to there and there have been one or two nasty incidents. Just before we went on the great escape run, the two guys in front of me (who I don't think knew each other, apart from being ST neighbours) were arguing over how shit we were. Both ended up squaring up to each other and there was a bit of push and shove but the most upsetting thing was each of the men had kids with them who were obviously visibly upset. Why you would put yourself in a situation like that when you have your children with you is beyond me.

As for the language, as you say it is part and parcel - my son is 8 and has learned pretty much every swear word in the book thanks to the blokes behind us "Albrighton shit cnut" "Mahrez lazy bastard" "Okazaki shit" etc etc every game. 

I don't mind the swearing as such, but sometimes the aggression attached to it is completely out of proportion. Shouting "Albrighton you fcking useless cnt" like a crazed maniac just because he accidentally knocks the ball out of play is totally uncalled for.

Yea I must have been sat right near you at that game  I remember the fat old guy giving it shapes ... I was laughing but it wasn't really funny for the kids around and the stewards were pathetic in dealing with it , if I remember Right they moved him about 5 rows forward , so rewarding him with a better seat For being a twat lol 

ya I don't mind language it's the aggression I can't understand and cannot abide 

away from home I can accept some aggression because of the psychology of the tribe and herd but sat eating a balti pie and sipping a coffee the aggression seems silly 

1 minute ago, GaelicFox said:

Yea I must have been sat right near you at that game  I remember the fat old guy giving it shapes ... I was laughing but it wasn't really funny for the kids around and the stewards were pathetic in dealing with it , if I remember Right they moved him about 5 rows forward , so rewarding him with a better seat For being a twat lol 

ya I don't mind language it's the aggression I can't understand and cannot abide 

away from home I can accept some aggression because of the psychology of the tribe and herd but sat eating a balti pie and sipping a coffee the aggression seems silly 

Yes, I saw the stewards having a chat with him at half time in the concourse. He was still protesting his case!

As for the swearing (particularly around kids), whilst I'm not suggesting for a second that people should not swear (I have been known to let rip myself), you would think somewhere in their tiny one megabyte brains that they would just slightly moderate their language, perhaps just leaving the cnut out would be start. That word should be reserved exclusively for people like Dennis Wise!

On 9/15/2016 at 10:17, RussellD said:

As soon in last 12 months really got into football (aged 9) so brought silver membership anyway obviously want to make use of it :) 

I wanted to get advice from members if family stand seats available then makes sense to purchase something in there?  However if not what is people's advice on best section to try and get a ticket in (family friendly etc)?

From

Russ

I got a silver for my 6yr and we have sat in the family stand the past 2 games and a few last season. The higher you go the less family friendly it gets imo. 

We've had a couple of problems with people standing which blocks my sons view, the language at times can be quite strong - not a fan of him hearing cxnt every 5mins like we did on Saturday.

The upside is that those U12 get to watch free premier league football which is great, his membership has already paid for itself. If you are on the ball on the sale date there shouldn't be a problem getting tickets.

Downside is if you are a ST in another part of the ground, you cannot change your seat online and have to go instore to relocate which can be a hassle at times.

As I said I sat in the family stand since we moved to KP until last season, I used to cringe at all the swearing, even worse when the parents joined in. Now sit  in SK3, much better atmos for us oldies who know how to express ourselves without using foul and abusive language constantly. 

Archived