Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Musa

9 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Kinda agree. One assist in the whole of 2016 isn't great. He needs playing on the right ideally so he doesnt have to cut inside all the time.

100% I'm not saying he's a bad player he's just useless as an attacking outlet from the left, against West Ham I'd say he was mom, the balls he was whipping in actually shook there defenders/gk and that's what you get from Albrighton from the right, I'd honestly play any of our wingers over him on the left, where as mahrez is the only winger I'd pick over him on the right

Thought the timing of his sub was perfect yesterday as much as it's a shame how it came about. Thought in general we looked pretty solid throughout the side, just needed a bit more pace up front.

Chuffed for him. He's not looked confident at all to me so this can't do him any bad.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Chuffed for him. He's not looked confident at all to me so this can't do him any bad.

Its absolutely all about confidence with him and when that confidence needle moves to full I think he will be awesome. 

7 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Your right for a winger he rips us trees.... if we want defensive cover from our wingers why not just play Fuchs there! I want my winger to put the fear into full backs, provide asssists and score goals, not cut in onto his right foot and float the ball into the keepers arms 9/10... I guess knowing nothing about football though wanting your winger to attack is an absurd idea :rolleyes:

We have two wingers who can do that (Mahrez and Gray) , we also have Albrighton who can defend brilliantly all over the pitch and actually got plenty of assists last season. It's good to have variety in the team. Ps, Fuchs is a full back . 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CityFan 06
40 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Maybe LW is his best position? He played well there vs Palace & Spurs, good defensively and got two goals.

That's where I've always thought his best position is, more so in a front three as a LW. 

I still rate him centrally, but he has to be utilised, and at the moment we are sometimes lacking in that service and creativity to our forward players.

15 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

That's where I've always thought his best position is, more so in a front three as a LW. 

I still rate him centrally, but he has to be utilised, and at the moment we are sometimes lacking in that service and creativity to our forward players.

I think that his is only decent position and why a 4-3-3 would suit us and players like him, Gray and Mahrez so well. Also means we can have 3 in the middle 

The problem with Musa is that he only focuses on one thing: scoring. Even if there is no opening instead of passing to teammates he tends to shoot the ball. Maybe LW works, but the problem is we don't play that style of game. Riyad is too slow to play RW in my opinion and that detriments passing for a team that already struggles to pass the ball. In all honesty, either he plays behind Vardy/Slimani as a poacher type player or he doesn't really fit on the team.

Guest CityFan 06
18 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think that his is only decent position and why a 4-3-3 would suit us and players like him, Gray and Mahrez so well. Also means we can have 3 in the middle 

Precisely, and 4-3-3 is a formation I've backed for a long time.

We seem far more solid with the midfield three, but we would see the system work even better if we had a creative, quality CAM. Having a player like that would certainly gives us another option at least. This team needs more creativity, especially when our pacey style of game doesn't work.

Edited by CityFan 06

6 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

What we should do if Musa is not going to play at LW is play Slim/Vardy, get a goal or two then bring Musa on centrally when teams have started pushing us back. He is like the defender's worse nightmare given service.

That's actually a really good idea. Adds fresh legs and with Musa's pace, we can even keep pressure on opposing teams. The only question is, will that work against top opposition? Musa hasn't convinced this season (neither has anyone else for that matter) when it comes to controlling the ball and worrying good teams.

1 hour ago, USFox said:

The problem with Musa is that he only focuses on one thing: scoring. Even if there is no opening instead of passing to teammates he tends to shoot the ball. Maybe LW works, but the problem is we don't play that style of game. Riyad is too slow to play RW in my opinion and that detriments passing for a team that already struggles to pass the ball. In all honesty, either he plays behind Vardy/Slimani as a poacher type player or he doesn't really fit on the team.

is this a Joke? 

Edited by Mezeker
  • Like 1

I have a hard time seeing him as winger. He doesn't lack pace but awareness in this position. His ball control doesn't do him any favor as well. A good FB gets him easily in his pocket. IMO what suits best him is CF where his speed can damage generally slow CBs. If we don't try to hoof the ball forward, that is.

Musa reminds me of Vardy in our first session back in the PL, capable of great moments, but unable to put it together!

Its frustrating because one minute he's great, the next he's like a pub player.

For me we should have learn't from the Kramaric transfer, that a player excelling in a substandard league isnt alway a good option.

My other issue is we seem to have brought forwards, who can't play together, or with Vardy! 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2017 at 16:19, Countryfox said:

Its absolutely all about confidence with him and when that confidence needle moves to full I think he will be awesome. 

He seems to lose that confidence every time he starts another game. I'm not convinced he'll ever make it here unfortunately.

21 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Musa shoots too much?! I think the complete opposite lol 

Same. Always thinks he tries to roll others in (usually Vardy) far too often instead of going alone. Aside from his shot from a tight angle very early on against Chelsea he nearly always lays it off

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Musa shoots too much?! I think the complete opposite lol 

Never said he shoots too much. He focuses on scoring more than he does proper passing in the sense that you would expect from a winger. I just mean that he's a sub par passer for a winger, should've used better wording. It would be difficult for him to fill the role Albrighton does for example, even though I think overall he's a much better player, for the LM position its just not his cup of tea.

He needs to run onto balls and think about it as little as possible. There are lots of forwards and have been lots with the same limited (but often effective) skill set... Andy Cole, Drogba, Daniel Sturridge, Adebayor, Benteke, Darren Bent, Kevin Campbell, Wellblack.

Can't help but feel he's a better impact player.

With legs tiring and Musa's pace, he can certainly make a difference coming on.

But on the basis of what I've seen I can't see him being a first-choice starter at all.

Slimani, Okazaki and Ulloa all offer more.

• Like 1