Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Musa

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Haven't been that impressed with him so far. Even at Hull he was good at direct running but was never a threat. He loses the ball a lot and isn't greedy enough. 

So far.

He definitely needs to just smash it sometimes.

Confidence I think that is. Against Hull he just looked like he thought he was going to get deported if he didn't pass it to Vardy at every chance.

Mahrez looked garbage this season until Brugge though and now he's got a crazy swagger on.

That's what Musa needs desperately, just a goal or two for a lift. Kramaric was desperate for the same, mind, and that never came.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

needs to be given a chance not just out wide but up front as well maybe in a front three of him, slimani and vardy, he must be itching for a game after pre season, we paid a lot of money for him and we need to start playing him

Going to be tight up front playing them as a three and none out wide. Vardy can play wide but not so well. Slim has to be in the box. So can you explain your formation playing 3 centre fwds?

We've definitely had a few players in the past with pace and speed as a partially natural asset, that then take some time to make whatever jump specific to them in order to improve the first team. I have no worries for him and anticipate the contribution he could make to the team in due course.

Having the natural speed that he does puts him a step above some opponents straight away. Given some time and the great people he has about him at Leicester, he will begin to pick up the other attributes required for the Premier League. When he does, he could become a fantastic asset to the club and more than repay the investment made in him.

Happy with what I've seen so far, I look forward to the point where experience and confidence brings him up to speed with the league. At his age and with his seemingly good attitude, I've not much reservation as to whether this will happen and believe it will just be a relatively short wait.

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Haven't been that impressed with him so far. Even at Hull he was good at direct running but was never a threat. He loses the ball a lot and isn't greedy enough. 

So far.

He put three chances on a plate for Vardy at Hull, but then was dropped for the next game!

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

He seems a strange signing given that we went on to sign Slimani. He has plenty of ability but seems to lack the physicality for the premiership. Maybe their building him up also.  

Looks a bloody good signing to me and as I've said before he will surely develop as he gets more game time.   We really needed extra cover up front and now we have it ....     couple of centre backs and a top class CM and we can take on the world.   :)   (Hope Mendy mends or we could end up very light in midfield).

• Like 1

Wow, some seriously premature condemning of his ability and future at this club, staggeringly premature. 

it is quite clear that some signings need time to adapt and actually witness first hand the differences of playing in the Premier League. Ranieri is doing this and as stated he will get his chance, potentially when others are away in the AFCON.

As for being poor so far, he set two absolute sitters up for the player who is arguably keeping him out of the side, Vardy missed them both.

4 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

He seems a strange signing given that we went on to sign Slimani. He has plenty of ability but seems to lack the physicality for the premiership. Maybe their building him up also.  

Not totally weird given the fact we were crying out for a pacey striker last season when Vardy was banned/not 100%. Slimani is a big man anyway, upgrade on Ulloa and Okazaki. 

“I have a five-a-side pitch at my house in Nigeria, so I always train there, and I didn’t have anything to wear to train, so I decided to wear that Man United shirt, which I got after the Champions League game against United when I was at CSKA Moscow, I didn’t take a shower after training and I went outside to give out food for the less privileged and then I think someone took a picture – I think it is four months old. So it was taken when I was a CSKA Moscow player, not with Leicester. But when I read the story I was laughing because it’s very funny – ‘Why is Ahmed Musa wearing a Man U kit?'"

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/30/ahmed-musa-leicester-city-nigerian-interview?CMP=share_btn_tw

15 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Very surprised he wasn't on the bench.

Still have hope he pulls it around but his fee doesn't warrant this?

Time to stop trying to appease some players (Leo) and get him on the bench. 

Assume Claudio thought a physical presence was required as a forward sub - their back two are going to be a threat from set pieces 

Is it just co incidence that he has disappeared since that back heel blunder just before half time against Chelsea - maybe the Don is making a point to him ??