Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Musa

I find it a little odd although for CR to make comments publicly about his readiness for the PL and what he lacks could be a little telling. Personally I think he looks more than ready for the PL especially with some of the garbage on show this season. 

Has a touch of the Krameric about it. All the fans want to see what he can do, but for some reason, the coaching staff aren't seeing it in training. To have both Okazaki and Ulloa on the bench ahead of him, and both used, he must be thinking what's the point....

On 30/09/2016 at 10:41, Vindaloo FOX said:

waits till Mahrez and Slim go to the AFCON, he will get a lot more game time then . 

That will be perfect for his confidence that will "Oh yeah don't worry mate you will get 4/5 games in january but for now you aren't good enough."

46 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Assume Claudio thought a physical presence was required as a forward sub - their back two are going to be a threat from set pieces 

Is it just co incidence that he has disappeared since that back heel blunder just before half time against Chelsea - maybe the Don is making a point to him ??

Wish he'd make a point to Vardy

On his last starting appearance before being replaced by Vardy he looked lost. Offered very little meaningful movement, little tracking back, easily knocked off the ball, not fit enough and although supposedly 'lightening fast', that's of little use if you can't do it in tandem with a football. There's a huge gulf between the Russian league and the Premiership and he's young and learning though for the amount paid you'd think he should have more about him than he's shown. Disappointing thus far and for me it's understandable why he's not even worth a place on the bench at the moment. 

Ranieri tips Musa to shine

Posted By: Our Reporteron: October 03, 2016In: SportsNo Comments

Ahmed Musa

After an encouraging start to life at Leicester City, Ahmed Musa has become a peripheral figure, but Claudio Ranieri insists that he’ll get his opportunity again soon.

“He’s working very well and adapting now,” Ranieri told journalists on Sunday, when asked about Musa’s non-participation. “When I watch him in training sessions, I now understand it’s tough.

“Sooner or later he will come back and play. Other teams are very worried with our counterattack and they try to stop us every time. We have to find the solution,” the Italian stated, encouragingly.

The Foxes are having a testing start to their Premier League title defence, and while they have impressed in the Champions League, they find themselves in 12th place on eight points after seven matches, having been held to a 0-0 draw at home by Southampton on Sunday.

Musa was signed from CSKA Moscow for a then club record £16 million in July, and while he impressed early in his Leicester career, his opportunities have been limited in recent weeks.

The 23-year-old has made four league appearances for the defending champions so far this season, of which only one has been a start, and has also played for 21 minutes in the Champions League.

Guest CityFan 06
7 hours ago, davieG said:

Ahmed Musa

After an encouraging start to life at Leicester City, Ahmed Musa has become a peripheral figure, but Claudio Ranieri insists that he’ll get his opportunity again soon.

“He’s working very well and adapting now,” Ranieri told journalists on Sunday, when asked about Musa’s non-participation. “When I watch him in training sessions, I now understand it’s tough.

“Sooner or later he will come back and play. Other teams are very worried with our counterattack and they try to stop us every time. We have to find the solution,” the Italian stated, encouragingly.

The Foxes are having a testing start to their Premier League title defence, and while they have impressed in the Champions League, they find themselves in 12th place on eight points after seven matches, having been held to a 0-0 draw at home by Southampton on Sunday.

Musa was signed from CSKA Moscow for a then club record £16 million in July, and while he impressed early in his Leicester career, his opportunities have been limited in recent weeks.

The 23-year-old has made four league appearances for the defending champions so far this season, of which only one has been a start, and has also played for 21 minutes in the Champions League.

More encouraging, I feel Musa has a lot to offer us.

On 10/3/2016 at 08:57, davieG said:

Ahmed Musa

we need to get him match ready and playing games and get him match fit, i just don't understand why he isn't playing him and if he isn't the finished article then why did we buy him,other than the Barcelona game we have seen nothing from him and the fans will wonder if he is truly motivated to do well for the team and himself, we can't have a 16million pound footballer just rotting away at the club

He may well have been bought as a potential replacement for Vardy as no one knew what was going to happen with him

As for not on the bench that may well be down to him offering a similar option to Vardy as a sub where as Ulloa and Okazaki offer something different which is often what you need when a game is going nowhere and you want to shake it up.

55 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

All these managers on here, experts everywhere.

Shall we trust the bloke who just won us the league title to know who is ready for English football?

It would be a pretty boring place if everyone just agreed, i mean, what would we talk about? Aren't we all entitled to voice our opinion?

• Like 3

Completely the wrong signing, said it at the time.

People know how we play now and what made us so good, we were always going to need craft rather than pace this year, the idea other teams were going to let us counter attack with rapid strikers was ridiculous.

I have thought since August that the plan for Musa was to play on the left-hand side of a 4-3-3. Given his fleeting appearances have been better on the left-hand side, this currently appears where he's most comfortable. 

However, the issues in midfield with Mendy injured, King playing like he's got cement in his boots and then the non purchase of a dynamic midfielder has currently scrapped that plan. 

Either way, he was exceptionally unfortunate not to score against Chelsea. 

1 hour ago, The Railway Man said:

Completely the wrong signing, said it at the time.

People know how we play now and what made us so good, we were always going to need craft rather than pace this year, the idea other teams were going to let us counter attack with rapid strikers was ridiculous.

He played for the best team in his league, how often do you think they were counter attacking?

Are fast players only useful in a counter attacking system now?